Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 9,144 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I myself am a native of Cincinnati. I missed it so much that I am moving my husband and myself back there.

My husband is middle eastern, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any middle eastern culture in cincy?

For example, any eateries, grocery stores, shops, or cultural centers?

Thank you so much!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 07:59 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,167,069 times
St. Anthony of Padua in Walnut Hills is a Lebanese Catholic church. It has a festival every year, and may be of some help. That's all I know ... good luck!

Old 10-21-2007, 10:21 PM

351 posts, read 1,873,705 times
If you're from Cincinnati, you'll already know that it is not the multicultural capital of the world. That said, when I was last home I was surprised at the little pockets of diversity I found in the most unexpected places. African grocery stores in Wyoming, Hispanic shops in Forest Park, and no less than three Russian and Central Asian restaurants out in the new Kings Mill mall mess.

No Middle Eastern anything comes to mind, but I suspect that you have to stumble into the right group to find it. The mosques (there's one near downtown and a new one on either I-71 or I-75 north) would likely be a good source of information. Religious intent aside, trips to either one of those would likely quickly hook you in to the People in the Know.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 8,736 times
Default Great Middle Eastern Groceries

It is 2 years since this post to which I am replying but thought it might be helpful to someone anyay.
I am Lebanese and moved here some time ago from Detroit (my hubby is a Cincy native).

The best place I found for Arabic groceries is Albaraka Market on Cincinnati-Dayton near Tylersville in West Chester. Mike (the owner) is very friendly and they have very fresh cut-to-order meat plus groceries and some ready-made foods (like shwarma and tabooli). Thier number is 777-0022.
Second choice is nearby- Halal Market- off Tylersville near the Meijer. Larger and more selection but not as friendly.
Not impressed with the places near the university- they feel more like knock-offs for counter-culture types who want to 'do' middle-eastern.

Favorite restaurants- Floyd's near the university, second choice Andy's near Eden Park. It's frustrating that most midle eastern restaurants here mainly focus on grilled things like kebabs. The chain Aladdin, Taz in Mason, the couple of other independent ones (Turkish emphasis) ...none seem to do alot of home cooking. Two closed up restaurants (The Old Country in Pleasant Ridge and Mediterranian Maza Bar) used to have more real Arabic food instead of americanized kebab houses.

Finally, St.Anthony church already mentioned has 'kibbee Sunday' once a month where folks can get some yummy stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: