U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 03:10 PM

11 posts, read 27,139 times

Advertisements

What are some suggestions for areas to look where there will be more of a younger population in teh burbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 05:38 PM

66 posts, read 166,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad2950 View Post
I will be moving to Cincinnati this june as i take a new sales territory for my job. I am looking for an area where i will be able to meet other single mid 20's while still staying out of the center of the urban areas. I have been looking at Montomery, westchester and mason, however i really dont know too much about the area of cincy. Could anyone please provide me assistance.

I love to be outdoors, fishing, biking, hiking, all of it.
As far as the outdoors go, Loveland would be great for you as well as Warren County. The Little Miami and Countryside bike trails run through here and are both very popular. Loveland has a nice little downtown and a few good restaurants along the trail. Also, canoeing and kayaking is popular on the Little Miami River that runs along the trail. Caesar's Creek State Park/Lake is most popular for hiking in the area, but Hueston Woods, East Fork and John Bryan State Park as well as the Great Miami are also popular among outdoor enthusiasts. If you do decide to stay closer to the city, Cincy and Hamilton County both have great park systems. In general, the areas closer to the city (Hyde Park, Mount Lookout and Adams, Oakley,and Columbia Tusculum) would have more younger people but a lot are still out in the burbs if you are looking in the right places. Though many younger people live in these urban areas, some just come down to these areas in the evening for the nightlife, not all live there.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:07 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,579,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad2950 View Post
What are some suggestions for areas to look where there will be more of a younger population in teh burbs
Are you wanting to rent or buy? There are a lot of apartment complexes in Fairfield, West Chester, and Mason in which you'll find a decent concentration of younger renters. Plus, West Chester/Butler County offers you a nice assortment of hiking/walking/biking trails, as well as Hueston Woods for fishing and boating. I would think Oxford would be an ideal place for you, although it's rather quiet during the summer when the kids are out of college. But during the schools months, it's a really great place. Warren County is another really great option if you like outdoors stuff.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:49 AM

Default rent or buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Are you wanting to rent or buy? There are a lot of apartment complexes in Fairfield, West Chester, and Mason in which you'll find a decent concentration of younger renters. Plus, West Chester/Butler County offers you a nice assortment of hiking/walking/biking trails, as well as Hueston Woods for fishing and boating. I would think Oxford would be an ideal place for you, although it's rather quiet during the summer when the kids are out of college. But during the schools months, it's a really great place. Warren County is another really great option if you like outdoors stuff.

I would probably rent first then look for a place to buy, as it depends on how long i am going to be in the area for. Right now, renting sounds like the best option, though i have looked at lake houses in the area.

Since i will travel a LOT for my job, im not too worried about the summer months, since i am going to be on the road 1-2 days a week probably. i would like to be somewhat near the interstate since i cover 3 states for my territory, OH, IN, KY....

Does anyone know of any specific apartment complexes or areas of town where the most yonger people live in the burbs such as loveland

Old 04-20-2009, 05:36 PM

4 posts, read 9,120 times
I grew up in mason, but as a 20some I find it kind of boring. I has some nice bars but not much more than that for a social life. It would be a fantastic place to raise a family, but not a great place to meet people.

I think that Hyde Park would be the best bet. It is a perfect town for singles.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:46 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,843,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taggartra View Post
I grew up in mason, but as a 20some I find it kind of boring. I has some nice bars but not much more than that for a social life. It would be a fantastic place to raise a family, but not a great place to meet people.

I think that Hyde Park would be the best bet. It is a perfect town for singles.
If you like the 'Truman Show' and the lifestyle portrayed in the movie, you'll love Mason.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:28 AM

haha... no thanks

Old 04-22-2009, 04:21 AM

4,730 posts, read 10,931,493 times
Anywhere along the northern part of the 275 belt would have "potential," especially Sharonville, Fairfield, and Forest Park. So would the two almost-new complexes on the Woodlawn/Glendale line. By definition, apartment/condo "communities" have more than their share of unattached tenants, skewing under 35 age-wise. Although not walkable, Fairfield does boast a considerable number of franchise-type restaurant/bars as well as a Showcase cineplex and has the Gilmore Ponds conservation area for "getting back to nature." Some nice clusters of apartments and townhouses have opened along West Kemper in Forest Park, with no view to e-mail home about but close proximity to Winton Woods. The "communities" in Sharonville aren't recent in vintage, but are well-kept for the most part and are near Sharon Woods. In Woodlawn, there's not only a short drive/bike to Winton Woods, but also the Trillium Trails preserve which is the new hot place to be for walkers and bicyclists. All of the above locations are not far from, if not "right at," 275.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:31 PM

Exclamation what about norther ky

What are some good areas if i were to choose to live in northern KY for my situation

Old 04-29-2009, 05:00 PM

47 posts, read 136,190 times
Hyde Park in Cinci is the en vogue area for childless professionals, and Clifton and Oakley are popular for UC/XU students, but frankly... there are nice, newer apartment complexes in Blue Ash, Mason, Montgomery, etc.

Sharonville, Fairfield, and Forest Park, Winton Woods, Woodlawn, and Lincoln Heights are for the most part lower-middle class to lower class neighborhoods. Woodlawn and Lincoln Heights are predominantely African American with plenty of older folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or