U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:31 PM

11 posts, read 27,139 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Cincinnati this june as i take a new sales territory for my job. I am looking for an area where i will be able to meet other single mid 20's while still staying out of the center of the urban areas. I have been looking at Montomery, westchester and mason, however i really dont know too much about the area of cincy. Could anyone please provide me assistance.

I love to be outdoors, fishing, biking, hiking, all of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 08:09 PM

2,786 posts, read 5,502,361 times
Mason and West Chester are booming suburbs, they are growing quite rapidly. They are very nice suburbs, and close to a lot of new shops, restaurants, and housing developments. West Chester just opened up its new Ikea.

If you are younger though, I would look more into Cincinnati itself. There are some great new lofts downtown, and some of the inner ring suburbs would be nice too.

Mason:
The City of Mason, Ohio

West Chester:
West Chester Township

Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,579,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad2950 View Post
I will be moving to Cincinnati this june as i take a new sales territory for my job. I am looking for an area where i will be able to meet other single mid 20's while still staying out of the center of the urban areas. I have been looking at Montomery, westchester and mason, however i really dont know too much about the area of cincy. Could anyone please provide me assistance.

I love to be outdoors, fishing, biking, hiking, all of it.
I live in West Chester, so if there is anything specific you'd like to know, feel free to ask. I'm single, though quite a bit older than you. Nevertheless, I know Butler County pretty well and can fill you in on what you'd like to know about WC.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:23 AM

561 posts, read 1,779,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad2950 View Post
I am looking for an area where i will be able to meet other single mid 20's while still staying out of the center of the urban areas.
Depending on your definition of an urban area, your goal might not be realistic. The highest concentration of young people is towards the center of town, and the far suburbs are mostly families. I know a few 20-somethings who transfered to Cincy and absolutely HATED living in Mason because it was too isolated and geared to families.

Oakley is a nice little neighborhood with a decent concentration of 20-somethings. But it's small-lot houses that probably average about 1/10th of an acre, and it's only 6 miles from downtown. I can imagine some people with your criteria who would still consider that "urban." Actually, since Cincy is a relatively old city, pretty much anything within city limits would probably seem urban to someone from the sunbelt, for example.

You could probably live in an apartment complex in Kenwood or maybe somewhere a bit East of city limits. It would still feel suburban, but you'd be within close range of neighborhoods with younger people.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:25 AM

710 posts, read 2,648,678 times
I would think an Oakley or a Hyde Park would work, not too city but have other young people. the outer burbs are all families

Old 04-16-2009, 09:19 AM

11 posts, read 27,139 times
Thanks, all for your advice... i have been hearing a lot about those areas. what about loveland, or across the river in covington area

Old 04-16-2009, 10:05 AM

Covington is very urban. Loveland is very family.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 AM

71 posts, read 109,332 times
You might check out Sharonville. Centrally located on the north side of town, with easy access to the major expressways. When I was younger and single I lived at Paige East Apartments in Sharonville. While the apartment was fair at best, the location made it easy to get anywhere I wanted be for work or whatever.

Christopher

Old 04-16-2009, 02:40 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,579,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
I would think an Oakley or a Hyde Park would work, not too city but have other young people. the outer burbs are all families
Not true. It's not "all families" here in the suburbs. There are many single people, trust me....yes, even those in their twenties. We can't assume that simply because someone is single and in their 20s that it automatically means they want to be in an "urban, coffeebar, bars/nightlife, walk everywhere" environment.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Not true. It's not "all families" here in the suburbs. There are many single people, trust me....yes, even those in their twenties. We can't assume that simply because someone is single and in their 20s that it automatically means they want to be in an "urban, coffeebar, bars/nightlife, walk everywhere" environment.
good point, that was an over-generalization
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or