U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2009, 02:25 PM

11 posts, read 27,145 times

Advertisements

So I have been researching apartments in Loveland latley, i am 25/m, single and moving to cincinnati for my job permantly in june.

I love to be outdoors and all activities such, not really a big 'bar night out' person, however i do enjoy it every so often.

I have chosen loveland becasue it seems to offer everything im looking for.

So ive also narrowed my search to two communities, Nantucket and Mallard Crossing

Ive seen some bad reviews of Nantucket such as its not worth the money, and they jack up your rent and such. however, not knowing really anyone it seems that all the planned events will give me a good chance to get meeting people quickly.

mallard crossing is great, and ive read really positive things about it but im just curious to what you think.

Oh and i will probably only live there a year or so then buy a house.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 02:51 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,580,623 times
If you're only going to be there a year, I really don't see what difference it makes. Go with your gut. First of all, if you have a lease and it states what your monthly rent will be for the term of the lease, then don't worry about the rent being jacked up because they can't legally do that. I doubt that most of those "planned events" will be attended by many people, so don't allow that to influence your decision when picking out an apartment. You're better off looking at the quality of the apartments....their condition, grounds upkeep, quality of tenants, etc. From their appearances, I'd say Nantucket looks much nicer. But you really need to visit a place first before making a decision. Try to make a trip to the area so you can have a look around. Not all apartments are in complexes, and you might find a much better deal in a privately owned home or smaller building.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:47 PM

66 posts, read 166,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad2950 View Post
So I have been researching apartments in Loveland latley, i am 25/m, single and moving to cincinnati for my job permantly in june.

I love to be outdoors and all activities such, not really a big 'bar night out' person, however i do enjoy it every so often.

I have chosen loveland becasue it seems to offer everything im looking for.

So ive also narrowed my search to two communities, Nantucket and Mallard Crossing

Ive seen some bad reviews of Nantucket such as its not worth the money, and they jack up your rent and such. however, not knowing really anyone it seems that all the planned events will give me a good chance to get meeting people quickly.

mallard crossing is great, and ive read really positive things about it but im just curious to what you think.

Oh and i will probably only live there a year or so then buy a house.
Both are nice, I'd probably go with Mallard. Also check out Waterford Place.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,165 times
Mallard has police all the time being called. There's a peeping Tom and police reports as well about it. There's also car breakins frequently. I'd go with Nantucket and pay the extra money. It's way worth it.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:38 AM

38 posts, read 33,673 times
I'm going through the exact same thing as you! I'm relocating from Michigan in June. I looked at both of those twice. Nantucket looks great, and the "community event" seem great to meet people. The reason I have moved away from going to Nantucket is all the extra free. I'm 23 just out of college and moving with a dog. I don't have the extra money to pay for dog fee, community fee, etc. Another reason that turned me a way from Nantucket, is the community seems older (like senior living). Like I said I am 23 I want to be surround by people my age/ young professionals.

I really enjoyed Mallard as well but it like anything in life. A cheaper price = less quality/ amenities. The property is still nice, the people in the community seem more sketchy. (Based off who I saw when I was touring)

Two other places I looked at and our in my final decision is Palmera and Mason Grand.
Palmera is only a few years old, great location, seems like a nice community, amazing pool/pool house, great layouts, kinda pricey, but i think its bigger than nantucket and as nice as nantucket.

Mason Grand is BRAND NEW, still building. location is kinda blah but you are a 2 min drive to Kings Island. Another really nice community, great pool/ poolhouse, layouts are like nantucket. Price is a little higher than nantucket, but you are getting a brand new apartment.

My other option I like is to rent a house in Cincy. I was like you and wanted to stay away from the city but be able to still go there every so often. But I have been persuaded that since I am young, I mine as well try to enjoy living in the city while I can.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:40 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,463,316 times
Charleston at Blue Ash has a lot of just out of college tenants. Can't beat the location.

Old 08-23-2015, 05:31 AM

193 posts, read 178,467 times
I don't know enough about Nantucket to say. I do know that the ducks/geese make the most gosh awful mess at that little park next to Mallard Crossing. How much of a mess they make in the complex itself, I don't know, but it would drive me batty.

And, I just now noticed the thread was started 6 years ago, so I'm guessing the OP has figured out his housing situation by now, lol.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:43 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,142,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit Toy View Post
I don't know enough about Nantucket to say. I do know that the ducks/geese make the most gosh awful mess at that little park next to Mallard Crossing. How much of a mess they make in the complex itself, I don't know, but it would drive me batty.

And, I just now noticed the thread was started 6 years ago, so I'm guessing the OP has figured out his housing situation by now, lol.
There once was a man from Nantucket....

The Falls at Landen seem nice.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 583 times
Hello,

Can anyone tell me which apartments can be leased inorder to get admission in Kings Mills Elementary School , ?

Old 09-21-2016, 01:46 PM

400 posts, read 397,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi1981 View Post
Hello,

Can anyone tell me which apartments can be leased inorder to get admission in Kings Mills Elementary School , ?

No idea on apartments but here's the school locator for Kings Local. This should help you narrow down where you want to look for that elementary.

http://locator.decisioninsite.com/?StudyID=193384
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati