Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:48 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,460,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbnv View Post

I am a white girl that grew up in Cinti under a prejudice family, thus was somewhat prejudice myself. My dad sat at the dinner table and told racial jokes when we were kids. It was all I knew. I went to a HS that was predominantly white with very few AA, of which I became very close friends with one in particular but friendly with a few more. I'm not colored blind, but I don't see good and bad people as black or white...most of Cinti does. I have moved away from there and at one time lived in an area that was less disirable and predominantly white. The one AA family that lived nearby was the classiest family on the block with the nicest house.

My family still makes racial comments and in their classy way tell the jokes at the dinner table during our family get togethers and holidays. Thus the reason I don't spend time with them as much. I have children that I'm trying to raise without prejudice who I want to be colored blind and see people for what they are on the inside. There are places in the nation that have the same demographic breakdown of white/black but seem to deal with the difference and see past the color. Don't get me wrong, the racial issue in Cinti DOES go both ways...the AA hate the whites just as much.

One thing that bothers me is, for example, I love comedians such as Chris Rock...he cracks me up, yet he always brings up racism in his comedy, that's when I quit laughing. It is something that EVERYONE just needs to get over...I did....it can be done. (by the way, when I got married, one of my closest friends was AA and was a bridesmaid...just to get under my family's skin, I had her walk with my brother!!)
Caution: TROLL ALERT! I don't believe anything in this post. Some people just don't get the Internet, do they? Get lost TROLL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 09:01 AM

350 posts, read 879,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam513Ohio View Post

"Have you ever seen a white club like the ritz?"

H-No. The fact that the city is just now considering rescinding it's liquor license is laughable. Forget liquor license shut that POS place down along with Vito's ASAP.

"Ever ride a metro bus?Who's in the back cursing,being rude,and hateful towards others?"

I was going to save this for it's own thread, I had the misfortune of having to ride the Metro from downtown to Roselawn through Avondale. The "reverse racism" on that bus to myself and a single mom with her kid was unbelieveable.
There is real, and then there is *****-footing around the issue(s), the only way to have a dialogue is keeping it real and stop the denial on both sides. Your feelings are not any less valid because you're in the minority (in this case), and I applaud you for posting what a lot of people in this city refuse to deal with, even from there own perspective.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:05 AM

350 posts, read 879,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Caution: TROLL ALERT! I don't believe anything in this post. Some people just don't get the Internet, do they? Get lost TROLL!
Huh?

Old 05-17-2010, 09:31 AM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Quote:
It's a three-year-old post. Don't get your shorts in a knot.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It's a three-year-old post. Don't get your shorts in a knot.
Ooops! That makes me feel a bit stupid. Why didn't someone call out the troll then? At least that makes me feel a little better. But, I have to remember to look at the dates of these things. I almost said: "how did I miss this ridiculous post?" I would have been even more embarrassed if I had. Hey, wait a minute, I just outed myself.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:39 AM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Quote:
Why didn't someone call out the troll then?
Frankly, some posts are better ignored than called out. That's one of them.

Quote:
I would have been even more embarrassed if I had. Hey, wait a minute, I just outed myself.
LOL, we'll just chalk that up to it being Monday morning.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:10 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,975,164 times
Quote:
Ooops! That makes me feel a bit stupid. Why didn't someone call out the troll then? At least that makes me feel a little better. But, I have to remember to look at the dates of these things. I almost said: "how did I miss this ridiculous post?" I would have been even more embarrassed if I had. Hey, wait a minute, I just outed myself.
If you want to take the time, sometimes it's helpful to see what else the individual has posted. Looked like this person had a lot of other posts that couldn't possibly be interpreted as trollish. As I read it, it was just someone stating their opinion.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
If you want to take the time, sometimes it's helpful to see what else the individual has posted. Looked like this person had a lot of other posts that couldn't possibly be interpreted as trollish. As I read it, it was just someone stating their opinion.
Actually, if you read the above post along with the troll's other posts you cannot mistake her pretending to be a bumpkin with bad grammar from here in hickville with a bad family of racists to her other very sophisticated posts on a range of topics with impeccable grammar and syntax.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:58 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,788,546 times
Being relatively new to this, just exactly what is the definition of a TROLL? I asume it is someone who will make up a scenario, just to see what comes out of it? Though I may be new, I trust most correpondents state what they believe to be true. I may not agree, but that is our right to disagree. Am I right in in determining a TROLL is someone who just wants to stir **** Up, for no particular gain in knowledge?

Old 05-17-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Being relatively new to this, just exactly what is the definition of a TROLL? I asume it is someone who will make up a scenario, just to see what comes out of it? Though I may be new, I trust most correpondents state what they believe to be true. I may not agree, but that is our right to disagree. Am I right in in determining a TROLL is someone who just wants to stir **** Up, for no particular gain in knowledge?
Yea, sometimes people sign up with a new account just to flame someone, or they pretend to be something they are not like the poster above, etc. I think the term is well defined in wikipedia:

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati