U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 05:22 PM

69 posts, read 174,858 times

Advertisements

I'm fairly familiar with Clermont County, and I tend to agree that the OP may not want to live there. I think it is socially more conservative than other parts of the metro area. Regardless, I think there are plenty of areas in the greater Cincy metro area that would be fine for OP. There are some areas not far from the Gaslight District (if its still called that) that might be worth considering.

I've lived in Columbus for the last several years, and it is a nice city, but I like the hills, river and terrain around Cincy. If there were no other considerations for me, I'd probably choose Cincy too.

As far as Cincy vs. Columbus, I think Columbus has a reputation for being more socially progressive than Cincy, but I'm not sure how relevant that is anymore. I think it's largely dependant on the different areas of each city....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 07:08 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,975,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMS7689 View Post
I'm fairly familiar with Clermont County, and I tend to agree that the OP may not want to live there.
... yeah, you think? lol ...

Quote:
As far as Cincy vs. Columbus, I think Columbus has a reputation for being more socially progressive than Cincy, but I'm not sure how relevant that is anymore.
It's not.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:39 PM

15 posts, read 37,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
Why do people think Conservatives are closed minded, hate minorities and gays and want to destroy the environment??????????????????????

I never could figure that one out. I like to think of myself as an Anarcho-Capitalist, which is neither lib or conservative, and I think it is funny how libs are always painting conservatives.

It is obvious to any objective bystander that libs are by far the least tolerant of any group and don't give a rat's ass about blacks or gays or the envoronment. Conservatives only dislike foreigners. Libs hate everyone.

Never mind the fact that libs are retarded when it comes to economic issues. Unless you like everyone being poor.

If your going to have a government then conservatism ideas are clearly superior to anything the libs came up with.

I'm not trying to start an argument here. But it is little (lot) ridiculous how the "enlightened" libs try and pretend to be.

If I were gay I would much prefer to live in a "conservative" neighborhood. It's a no-brainer.

I didn't mean to imply that conservatives were close minded or intolerant. Simply that I myself would like to not be the only lib on the block (like I am here), because I am of a more liberal mentality and want to be around some people with similarities.

Again, it was not my intention to offend, but consider for a moment, where I am from............portsmouth, OH/Ashland, KY. In my corner of the world conservatism and intolerance tend to go hand in hand. We have been preached in public, denied jobs as well as apartments, and been sent hate mail telling us that we're condemning our daughter to hell by raising her in our relationship.

We don't have a problem with conservatives, or christians, or STRAIGHT people, lol. Or anyone for that matter as long as they don't have a problem with us.

I'll admit, that not all conservatives are as intolerant as the majority are here, but that's what I know. And based on my experience, I'd like to get as far away from that mentality as possible.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:07 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,662,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Oh, do you have private trash pick up up there? Geez, you gotta figure out how to recycle everything.
Rumpke picks up our trash, and I always thought they had personal recycling bins for the residents it serves. But nope, I don't have them. Even when I lived in Oakley, my landlord didn't have recycling bins for us, although my grandmother did (she lived in Oakley, too.) When I lived in Delhi, we had them. When I lived in Seven Mile, we didn't. Didn't have them in Fairfield, either. My mom lives in Hamilton, and she doesn't have them. The only place in Butler County that I know for certain does have them is Oxford. (I can't speak for Middletown or Monroe.) Terrible, isn't it?

In West Chester, the only option available for us (aside from hauling it all to a recycling facility ourselves) is some dumpsters located in, of all places, public parks.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Why do people think Conservatives are closed minded, hate minorities and gays and want to destroy the environment??????????????????????
Maybe you should ask Bush that question. It's by and large the conservatives that want to deny gays and lesbians their right to marry, as well as certain other rights (such as inheritance rights, insurance beneficiary rights, and hospital visitation rights, along with the right to not be fired from their jobs or lose their apartments due to their sexual orientation.) It's by and large the conservatives who want to open up wilderness areas for mining, drilling and various other land-raping activities.

Quote:

It is obvious to any objective bystander that libs are by far the least tolerant of any group and don't give a rat's ass about blacks or gays or the envoronment. Conservatives only dislike foreigners. Libs hate everyone.
Really?

I'm gay. Amazed to read that, aren't you? I'm also Christian in my spiritual beliefs.

*Aquila pausing to hear the collective gasps come from those reading this.*

I wonder how many liberals hate me compared to the outright hate I've experienced at the hands of narrow-minded conservatives.

Practically every conservative I've known is prejudiced against gays and blacks...some even readily admitting it, even to the point of disowning their children because they've chosen to enter relationships with black people.

I'm not trying to pass laws denying marriage rights to straight people. The push to deny rights to others is happening by the conservatives in this country.

Quote:
Never mind the fact that libs are retarded when it comes to economic issues. Unless you like everyone being poor.
Actually, you have it backwards. It's the liberals who would like to help the poorer classes up out of poverty and make life better for them. Conservatives are nothing but greedy, selfish, self-preoccupied..and only interested in stepping on those whom they deem to be inferior to themselves.

Quote:
If your going to have a government then conservatism ideas are clearly superior to anything the libs came up with.
Wow. Interesting. Look at the utterly dismal state of the country right now after 8 years of a conservative in office.

Quote:
I'm not trying to start an argument here.
Oh, BS. The hell you aren't. Otherwise you wouldn't have opened your mouth.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:13 AM

14,276 posts, read 24,042,546 times
Like there isn't intolerance on both sides of the aisle?

Old 06-06-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Like there isn't intolerance on both sides of the aisle?
We're taking this thread off-topic, so I really don't want to get into it more heavily than I already have. Intolerance may exist on both sides of the aisle, but suffice it to say most liberals aren't out there trying to pass legislation which denies certain rights to conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati