Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 12:41 PM

379 posts, read 844,205 times

Advertisements

Deerfield Township has one off of Old Irwin Simpson Rd. This one is shaded with lots of trees.

Parks & Recreation (http://www.deerfieldtwp.com/departments/Parks/schappacher_park.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 03:08 PM

466 posts, read 1,057,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Off leash parks are a venue for conflict. Those persons who take pride in the agressiveness of their own dog, take the dogs to off leash parks and vicariously experience conflict through their dogs. The incidence of dog bites in off leash parks located in or near urban areas is very high. Choose your park wisely.

Note that private parks (where rules and behavior are enforced) are popping up. Check out the one in Newtown. Quite a long trek but may be worth it.
This is ridiculous, but maybe your experience. We lived in Portland, OR - all dog parks are free, lots of them not fenced, but I never experienced a lot of bad behavior of people and dogs. Bad behaved people and their dogs can happen, but it has nothing to do with private parks or public parks. We live in St. Louis and most of them are private and when you become a member, you just show them that your dog is vaccinated and give them their money. The rest, they don't care or enforce it their rules (they are more or less the same everywhere), the people in the dog park present do enforce, no matter if the park is private or not.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:34 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,369,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhoman View Post
What about in the Anderson area?/ anyone?

One dog park that I know of is at Armleder Park behind the US Bank building on Wooster Rd just off Beechmont Ave.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:44 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,694,651 times
I never had this problem, since I always owned a home with a fenced in rear yard for my dogs. Yes, we would also have an outdoor dog house for their use during the summer. In the winter we would feel sorry for them and bring them inside on the cold nights. They really did not have to beg very hard.

I only began to take notice of these dog parks recently. Is this a result of the concentration of apartments and condos where dogs do not have an outdoor area? I would not have considered, particularly a larger dog, if I did not have a private area for them to be outside. But I can understand people desiring dogs as pets.

My larger dogs over the years were a Norweigan Elkhound, a Blue Merle Collie, and a Japanese Akita. They all had outdoor runs to enjoy. Besides not having the temperament to take a dog to a dog park, their reaction to the outdoors was part of my psychic. If I could not perceive their being content and happy on a day by day basis ejoying the outdoors, I would not have been happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati