U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-27-2009, 11:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,498 times
Cool Price Hill Rollor Rink

I remember going there in the late 50's early 60's I think it was on Warsaw Ave if I spellled it right. The rink was a weekend hideaway to keep us out of trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 199 times
I skated in the 1950s to 1960. We had a small group of people that turned into a big group of people. We all hung out at Linda Raab house on McPherson Ave. Her Grandma took us kids every where in her caddy and we all called her Grandma. In the summer when the rink was closed she would take is to the Old Auto In Driven The group started out with Linda Raab, Joe Schrimpf, Linda Connelly, Roger Francisco, Pat Chitwood, Jack Samules. Then Judy Doppes, Ginny Englecamp, Cheryl ,Nancy & JoAnn Creekbaum, Danny Fisher, Jim Mc Nair, Jim & Billy Sims, Judy Hart, Julie Bain, Gay Hill , Eileen Bagget Patty Homer, and so many more ( To many to name ) We had a blast . We have a reunion every year now for the past 10 years. It was yesterday 8/9/14 at Danny Fishers house we had about 25 people therethe come from alll over, Tenn. OK. Ga. Cal. Ky. If anyone is from this time at the rink and want to be added to our list to come you can let me know by going to facebook and looking me up Linda Bryant- Siska We also get together a few times a year for dinner & drinks and we just started going to a 50s 60s dance at Lake Nina in Colerain the 3rd Sunday of every month from 1 to 5 pm Cost is $10 a person. beer. soda & punch, chips, pretzels & cheese popcorn and small door prizes are included in that $10s

Old 08-10-2014, 03:49 PM

8,705 posts, read 6,522,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBLindaB View Post
I skated in the 1950s to 1960. We had a small group of people that turned into a big group of people. We all hung out at Linda Raab house on McPherson Ave. Her Grandma took us kids every where in her caddy and we all called her Grandma. In the summer when the rink was closed she would take is to the Old Auto In Driven The group started out with Linda Raab, Joe Schrimpf, Linda Connelly, Roger Francisco, Pat Chitwood, Jack Samules. Then Judy Doppes, Ginny Englecamp, Cheryl ,Nancy & JoAnn Creekbaum, Danny Fisher, Jim Mc Nair, Jim & Billy Sims, Judy Hart, Julie Bain, Gay Hill , Eileen Bagget Patty Homer, and so many more ( To many to name ) We had a blast . We have a reunion every year now for the past 10 years. It was yesterday 8/9/14 at Danny Fishers house we had about 25 people therethe come from alll over, Tenn. OK. Ga. Cal. Ky. If anyone is from this time at the rink and want to be added to our list to come you can let me know by going to facebook and looking me up Linda Bryant- Siska We also get together a few times a year for dinner & drinks and we just started going to a 50s 60s dance at Lake Nina in Colerain the 3rd Sunday of every month from 1 to 5 pm Cost is $10 a person. beer. soda & punch, chips, pretzels & cheese popcorn and small door prizes are included in that $10s
Sounds like you all have a good time, and enjoy your own company. That is fantastic.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:16 PM

8,705 posts, read 6,522,988 times
It sounds like those who went to the Price Hill Roller Rink definitely liked it. It is one of those nostalgic look backs which are difficult to capture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati