Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 08:08 PM

4 posts, read 6,771 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to the Cincinnati area. We are mainly looking for a good community with good schools (parent involvement, welcoming, accepting of children's needs, etc...). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 08:28 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,818,653 times
Wyoming
Sycamore District (Blue Ash, Montgomery)
Indian Hill
Mariemont
Terrace Park
Mason
Madeira
West Chester

Old 10-14-2009, 08:40 PM

66 posts, read 189,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lys70 View Post
My family and I are moving to the Cincinnati area. We are mainly looking for a good community with good schools (parent involvement, welcoming, accepting of children's needs, etc...). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
A lot depends on what type of neighborhood you prefer(newer or more established, price range, location, etc.) I agree with goyguy as he listed some of my top recommendations and areas with schools rated nationally. Also, in addition to what was already listed, Deerfield Township/Landen and Hamilton Township( Kings Schools), Liberty Township(Lakota Schools), Loveland/Miami Twp, Symmes Township, and Anderson Township are also great options.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:28 AM

Thanks for the great suggestions. We are looking for a newer development in the 350,000 - 450,000 price range. I have heard some great things about Loveland. What do you think?

Old 10-15-2009, 07:16 PM

66 posts, read 189,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lys70 View Post
Thanks for the great suggestions. We are looking for a newer development in the 350,000 - 450,000 price range. I have heard some great things about Loveland. What do you think?
Loveland is a nice area and the schools are very good. Loveland also has a very nice historical area along the Little Miami River with a few restaurants, shops, parks, offices, etc. The Little Miami recreational trail and river is beautiful and runs right through Loveland and is very popular for biking, canoeing, running, etc. Loveland, as well as parts of Miami and Symmes Township are served by the Loveland school district. These communities are a little more spread out and I don't think the area is quite as tight knit as some of the communities listed, but the district is in a great area and the schools are rated excellent. I think Loveland would be a great choice and there would be plenty of neighborhoods in your price range, many newer. I would search houses on sibcycline.com and check out a variety of areas that were recommended before making a final decision though. Another thing to consider, you will get more house for your money in some areas compared with others. There are a lot of newer developments in your price range in areas like Mason, Deerfield Twp( Kings Schools), and the Lakota School District ( West Chester/ Liberty Twp.).

Old 10-15-2009, 10:50 PM

379 posts, read 848,592 times
This is a duplicate thread.

Moving to the Cincinnati area...

Old 10-16-2009, 11:17 AM

yes sorry my husband and I both posted threads w/out communicating
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati