U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 11:27 AM

3 posts, read 8,066 times

Advertisements

Greetings,

I recently obtained employment in downtown Cincinnati. Driving 80+ miles one way is rather time consuming, so my family and I have decided to look for a home in the northern Cincinnati area. I have read through some of the posts and they have been most helpful.

I know I have read some good things about Mason, Lebanon, West Chester, and Loveland but are there other areas that are just as good without the higher cost of housing and real estate taxes?

A few things, we have two children still attending school and my wife would be looking for employment as soon as we relocated. She is in college working on her degree. So my wife was looking to transfer to UC from Sinclair. I hear good things about UC as well; can anyone offer their experiences with this campus?

Thanks in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 03:43 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,345,412 times
Sinclair has a branch campus in Mason.....

Also, I did the exact same thing in reverse

Seems like Turtlecreek twp, Morrow, S. Lebanon, Clearckeek Twp., and maybe Trenton/Madison Twp. may all be good picks.

Good luck

Old 12-15-2009, 01:09 PM

45 posts, read 81,265 times
Yep the branch Campus in Mason is a good option. UC is also a good school she won't be making a bad choice if she decides to go there.

As far as Northern Cinci goes. Have a look at Colerain and parts north. Good access to 275 and 74 you can get downtown in short order. There's Hamilton, Millville etc. I guess it depends where exactly you wanna be. And honestly Lebanon is nice too. I'm a fan on the area between there and Waynesville. Hope I helped..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or