Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,217 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Cincinnati this past summer. I have three children 11 year old, 8 year old, and ten months. My husband just past away and we move here to get help from his family here. It is now time for me to get a place of my own. I have been searching in the paper and craigslist Price Hill seems to have a lot of houses that are affordable. I wanted to know what the area would be like and is it a good area to take my children. I was going to see about a house on Winfield and another by Purcell and Phillips. If any one knows the area please give me some insight on wheather or not this would be a good place for my children to be. I have heard everywhere has there good and bads. My children currently attend a private school that I intend to keep them in for the time being.

How are the schools in this area.(just asking)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 10:03 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,859,085 times
A lot of people have their opinions about whether or not Price Hill is a suitable place to live but with young children I would be opposed to it. I would look in the Carthage/Elmwood Place area. You can get some great deals on homes there and while the area isn't perfect, it's a much more positive environment than Price Hill with better schools as well.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:43 PM

3 posts, read 9,177 times
Covedale is part of Price Hill. The school was just recently built and in a nice neighborhood as well.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:19 PM

526 posts, read 1,481,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfromdownsouth View Post
I was going to see about a house on Winfield and another by Purcell and Phillips. If any one knows the area please give me some insight on wheather or not this would be a good place for my children to be. I have heard everywhere has there good and bads. My children currently attend a private school that I intend to keep them in for the time being.
I would stay away from the areas you mentioned -- too much crime. If it were up to me, I would consider giving up the private school tuition in favor of a home in a better neighborhood with better public schools.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:38 AM

392 posts, read 1,067,666 times
Price Hill is going downhill FAST. (no pun intended)

If you wish to live within the City of Cincinnati, I would have to suggest maybe looking into Hartwell or Northside, or in the "city-burbs" of Norwood or St. Bernard. Many of the public schools in Cincy and Norwood are kind of crappy, but CPS has good magnet schools.

And if you're absolutely, positively sold on the Price Hill area, Covedale is the way to go.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:22 PM

9 posts, read 17,024 times
I would recommend checking out Covedale. There are homes available at several price ranges and the neighbors are great. We have a brand new elementary school that consistently achieves and "excellent rating". To correct an earlier comment, Covedale is its own neighborhood (not part of Price Hill). Always has been and always will be. Just ask anyone you meet should you choose make a visit.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:29 AM

35 posts, read 371,876 times
I used to like covedale but it's just too close to price hill. Price hill is a slum. Don't move your kids there unless you want them in a gang or a target of one. Price Hill was bad twenty years ago and now it's just scary. I would rather live in otr. I would look somewhere in bridgetown or delhi, although parts of delhi are getting bad too. Look for something in the Oakhills school district. You can still find affordable houses and the school district is pretty good for it being on the westside.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,192 times
Yes i`am a single dad with 14 year old daughter , her mother just passed away . Looking to move to delhi so she can go to oak hill high school . looking for affordable 2 br. ,any thoughts ? thank you !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: