Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:38 PM

4 posts, read 14,814 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are newlyweds and are expecting our first child in July 2010 (just 3 months after our 1st anniversary). She has a great job here and might have the possibility of relocating with her same job to Indianapolis.

On the other hand, I was laid off from my job in June 2009 and have been looking for a new job ever since. After a recent interview, it appears I will have an opportunity in Indianapolis area.

We have a home in Maineville, OH (just north of Kings Island in Cincinnati) and will not be able to sell the home for what we would need out of it. I am posting this in hopes that someone who might be moving to the area who is looking to rent a home will contact me. This home was built in 2005 and has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. The basement is unfinished and there is a large deck, hot tub built into the deck and a fence around the back yard. This is a family oriented neighborhood with kids playing after school and such.

If you are moving to the area in the near future, I would love to hear from you. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 09:53 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,701,502 times
That's pretty far!

Old 03-16-2010, 10:01 PM

Far is relative I would say. My last position was in the Blue Ash area and it only took about 20-30 minutes to get to/from the office with traffic.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:17 PM

436 posts, read 948,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indybound? View Post
On the other hand, I was laid off from my job in June 2009 and have been looking for a new job ever since. After a recent interview, it appears I will have an opportunity in Indianapolis area.
Indy sucks. Comparatively, Cincy is Paris compared to Indy. Cincy is bigger than Indy. Find something at home. Years down the road, you'll rue the day you moved to Indy.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:50 AM

My wife and I are from Indiana and Indy has changed quite a bit over the years. It is nothing like what it once was and that is good! We are excited about the possibility of moving to Indy. Cincinnati hasn't really been that great for either of us. We didn't grow up here so we aren't tied to the city.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:33 AM

31 posts, read 198,275 times
I may be in the exact opposite situation. I live in Indy, and am looking at a possible opportunity in Cincinnati. I moved here a few years ago-- and honestly regret it.

Indy is not a terrible place-- it's just--- a place. Nothing really special about it at all, although the downtown is nice, and does a good job hosting conventions and sporting events.

Haven't spent much time in Cincy, but just on the surface it seems like it has a lot more to offer in terms of uniqueness than Indy.

Good luck with your job search and possible move, though. I understand the allure of moving home.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indybound? View Post
My wife and I are from Indiana and Indy has changed quite a bit over the years. It is nothing like what it once was and that is good! We are excited about the possibility of moving to Indy. Cincinnati hasn't really been that great for either of us. We didn't grow up here so we aren't tied to the city.
Well, duh ... you lived in freakin Mainville!

... and you don't have a clue what it's like to live in Cincinnati. Not even close. You might as well have said that Columbus or Dayton "hasn't really been that great for either of us." ...

Old 03-21-2010, 09:32 PM

436 posts, read 948,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Well, duh ... you lived in freakin Mainville!

... and you don't have a clue what it's like to live in Cincinnati. Not even close. You might as well have said that Columbus or Dayton "hasn't really been that great for either of us." ...
Ha! No kidding. Unless you work for the Indianapolis Tourism Bureau, I can't see how any economic activity would be better in Indy than Cincy.

Plus, Cincy is like 1000% more beautiful than Indy with real, functioning, distinctive neighborhoods.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:28 AM

682 posts, read 1,624,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking357 View Post
Indy sucks. Comparatively, Cincy is Paris compared to Indy. Cincy is bigger than Indy. Find something at home. Years down the road, you'll rue the day you moved to Indy.
I suppose that is why Indianapolis always is in the top ten cities on Forbes and such. Indianapolis's population is considerabley larger than Cinicinnati. Cincinnati 330,000. Indy over a million.

Great parks, sports teams, museums and arts districts , the urban neighborhoods are all restored and the quality of life is quite good.

We decided to move from Indy to Ciincinnati only because most of the Urban neighborhoods in Indy are now restored and being the restoration business, Cincinnati was a logical choice since it's a decade or more BEHIND Indianapolis in terms of Urban revitilization. No question however , HANDS DOWN Cincinnati has the best architecture in the midwest and prices are dirt cheap.

But before you pan Indy you might like to spend a weekend there, you would be surprised!

Old 03-26-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by restorationconsultant View Post
I suppose that is why Indianapolis always is in the top ten cities on Forbes and such.
Forbe's list are a joke. The list are contradictory and the methodology is a joke. I back up my stance on this issue. Even when Cincy is shown in the light, I call B.S., no questions.

Quote:
Indianapolis's population is considerabley larger than Cinicinnati. Cincinnati 330,000. Indy over a million.
Point this out to anyone that knows anything about MSA's, CSA's, Pop. density, census, urban planning, etc. and you will get laughed at.

Is Columbus really the largest city in OH? ... of course not. Its land area is huge. Annexing land does not equal population growth.

An area's true population is based on its MSA and Population Density.

Let's compare ...

MSA:
Cincinnati - 2,171,896
Indy - 1,743,658

City Sq. Milage and Density:
Cincinnati - 78 sq. mi. (city boundaries) with a pop. density of 4,300 ppl per sq. mi.
Indy - 365 sq. mi (city boundaries) with a pop. density of 2,152 ppl per sq. mi.

Can you image how much Cincy's population would dwarf Indy's if we just annexed an extra 300 square miles?! lol

Quote:
Great parks, sports teams, museums and arts districts , the urban neighborhoods are all restored and the quality of life is quite good.
What you're saying can be said for most major cities. I've been to both citie's museums and I'll take Cincy's hands down. Of course this is all subjective.

Quote:
We decided to move from Indy to Ciincinnati only because most of the Urban neighborhoods in Indy are now restored and being the restoration business, Cincinnati was a logical choice since it's a decade or more BEHIND Indianapolis in terms of Urban revitilization. No question however , HANDS DOWN Cincinnati has the best architecture in the midwest and prices are dirt cheap.
Indianapolis will never, ever, ever, be able to have Cincy's housing stock/architecture, history, and old world-class status, but the one and only one thing Indy has an edge over Cincy is its Downtown retail shopping ... which Cincinnati has the ability to improve.

Hell, just look at the f500 list ... We have 10 Fortune 500 Co.s in the greater Cincinnati area and there are only 6 in the entire state of Indiana.

We embrace and support local shopping, dining, and bars/nightclubs whereas you cannot find a single resident in DT Indy to point you in the direction of a local restaurant ... and no, I don't mean "Hard Rock Cafe local." lol ... (yes, really happened).

I'll take a city character and soul over cookie-cutter, chain-land any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati