Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 06:23 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times

Advertisements

This time around I'll hold my guesses to one and put all my money on...Walnut Hills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 07:32 PM

350 posts, read 880,266 times
Please venture another guess, if you'd be so inclined to name the district.

Last edited by Cincy Rider; 04-28-2010 at 07:45 PM..

Old 04-28-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
One of my to-do's which never gets done is to take some pics exactly like these, in parts of town few would surmise would have such excellent homes. It perpetually bugs me that so many areas get a bad rap when there are sections within them (often most of the neighborhood) that're really nice.
Here are some "secret gem" streets to check out on future rides..
I've been meaning to take pictures for a long time. I've always had an affinity for houses. I remember boring my ex-wife to tears riding into certain neighborhoods just looking at the beautiful homes. Since I've been in the market for my house it's gotten worse, lol.

But to your point there are beautiful homes in neighborhoods that have been denigrated and written off. The nature of my job is going into homes to inspect them for pests, so I'm in 5-15 homes per week in my territory which is roughly the western half of Hamilton County. I was in one yesterday, a large Four-Square built in 1900 with everything preserved and a built-in side garage added in the 1920's. Decks and balconies close to 3500 sq. foot and gorgeous. She is selling this home for less than $60K.
I was incredulous but she assured me, "it looks fine now but the summer nights, you wouldn't like it here because of the noise and crowds" (it sits on the corner.)

She's selling it for less than what she paid in 1980 and she's heartbroken.

Aaannnyway, this thread as an offshoot to the "best single family architecture" thread might help those looking at different neighborhoods to when moving to Cincinnati to put a picture with the name so to speak.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:28 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy Rider View Post
Please venture another guess, if you'd be so inclined to name the district.
Closer scrutiny renders Price Hill the better surmisal!
BTW "twin" may define a side-by-side duplex, like row houses but only paired instead of part of a string of connected dwellings. Must be a Philly thing, like scrapple and a mayor named Street.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:57 AM

120 posts, read 259,144 times
Quote:
This time around I'll hold my guesses to one and put all my money on...Walnut Hills.
Northside would be my guess...

Old 04-29-2010, 07:04 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
twins?
Semi-detached. Sorry about the local jargon.

The four-square is one of my favorite house styles. There really isn't anything more attractive on a home than a deep, wide porch.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Closer scrutiny renders Price Hill the better surmisal!
Yes, but more specificly.......

Old 04-29-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The four-square is one of my favorite house styles. There really isn't anything more attractive on a home than a deep, wide porch.
+1

I'll see if I can find a pic or two of the Four-Squares on Oakwood in College Hill...

Old 04-29-2010, 07:26 AM

120 posts, read 259,144 times
Quote:
+1

I'll see if I can find a pic or two of the Four-Squares on Oakwood in College Hill...
Ah! Oakwood... Harkens back to my McAuley days. Love those houses!

Old 04-29-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandasene View Post
Ah! Oakwood... Harkens back to my McAuley days. Love those houses!
Aren't they cool!

Here's a typical Four-Square on Oakwood:

Attached Thumbnails
What's my neighborhood-ch4sq.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati