Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 01:37 PM

8 posts, read 10,928 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about Alexandria KY and Cline Elementary? Thank you
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 09:32 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellejean12 View Post
I assume your inquiry is a desire to move there and wanting specifics in a school? Don't know a thing so cannot comment. My experience is specific inquiries about outlying areas do not get a lot of response.
Hopefully yours will be better.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:50 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,847,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellejean12 View Post
I'll try to help, I lived in Northern Kentucky until three years ago.

Alexandria is a pretty quiet area. It's about 20 minutes removed from Cincinnati to the southeast, with a mixed bag of older and newer developments. Thing is, neither Alexandria nor Campbell County as a whole saw any of the impressive growth that'd you expect (Union, Burlington, Oakbook, Florence... all in Boone County, have seen double digit growth for decades). Why that is is completely beyond me. That said, housing prices and values have been fairly stable.

The "old town" is actually somewhat removed from the main drag (Main Street shoots off from US 27 a bit south of Wal-Mart and the other big boxes) and is primarily residential in nature... not a whole lot of shopping outside of the chain stores/big boxes. A notable exception to that is Empress Chili... I highly recommend it. Price Hill or Camp Washington doesn't have a patch on Empress.

If you're into the suburban/chain store, there's good variety - the Wal-Mart on 27 was remodeled recently, there's a new Meijer, and a Kroger in nearby Cold Spring.

Good roads (the AA highway) lead north to 275 and Cincinnati, and south towards Maysville. Alternatively take 27 through Highland Heights to get straight on 471... not fun at rush hour though, since NKU is right there at the 27/471 interchange and usually packed with students trying to get in (or out?)

I guess it depends if you want more of a suburban feel or a country one - for the suburban feel I'd go for Cold Spring. For the country feel, go Alexandria or even Melbourne. If you want more of an "old town" suburb, look in Fort Thomas, bar none... the public schools are unmatched anywhere in the state (Highlands High regularly ranks at or near the top of the whole state). There isn't really anywhere in Campbell County that's bad except possibly Newport west of Columbia Street, but I didn't have a high opinion of Highland Heights. Lots of section 8 housing there and a declining tax base, that's only offset because NKU is located in the city limits and is still growing.

I don't have an opinion of Cline Elementary but I know Campbell County High School (serving the southern half of Campbell County and right along US 27 just a bit south of Alexandria) is fairly well regarded. I don't have much info about the schools as I grew up in Fort Mitchell, in Kenton County.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:04 PM

hensleya1 ... Good Post

I suspect the OP is considering a move to Alexandria to be closer to family. Why else would you move there? But family is family and a real good reason. You gave a good overview. I'd be willing to move there in a heartbeat. Of course I like sleepy country towns. Let's see what the OP thinks.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:09 PM

Just noticed the same OP posted another thread concerning relocation from Portland to Union. I can only assume the hubby is being transferred to Union and the OP is looking at alternate places to live, perhaps suggested by a relative.

Alexandria is sure a more quiet place, being much further off the interstate. Let's see if the OP will clarify this up somewhat for us.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:31 PM

OP ... What do you want out of Alexandria?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: