Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:23 PM

174 posts, read 403,675 times

Advertisements

The Reds are rollin', yet the stands remain empty. What's going on? Yeah, I know; school's still in, the economy sucks, etc, etc....

But that's true just about everywhere.

First place and off to their best start in years and a battle for first place on a Friday night and they draw a measly 27k....PATHETIC.

If Dusty can quit being so damn loyal and bounce Harang from the number one spot and make Masset the closer, this team actually may have some staying power.

What's the general vibe in town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 06:06 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,788,546 times
Been there, done that. Start off strong and then fall apart like a cheap suit. If actually close to contention in late August, may start to believe.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:21 PM

350 posts, read 879,848 times
They had good crowds over the weekend. A business day special in cool, drizzly weather against Milwaukee isn't going to sell that well. And kjbrill sums up a common sentiment with Reds fans, no commitment until winning is imminent.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:01 PM

64 posts, read 142,591 times
im here. at the beginning of the year i predicted 81-81 but if they run well they could do better.

gomes and hernandez are on fire but they are playing way over what their career stats would suggest so i expect them to come back down to earth.

i think the infield will the constant on this team and i think jay bruce is finally going to complete the whole season strongly.

the pitching is deep but im not sure we have a true #1 starter. leake is doing great but he has no past mlb success to believe its gonna be something that lasts.

it should be time for cueto and bailey to step up and be dominant starters but lets see b/c they havent proven it before.

Arroyo is decent and harang is what he is and will hopefully be in the pen if chapman comes up in june. possibly volquez makes a full recovery and can help the starting rotation or bullpen.

the season is 162 games long and they have played 39 games. i expect a lot of teams to win 9/10 at some point as well as lose 9/10.

am i excited yes but as a fan of baseball i dont think its good to get to high or down during the regular season games. with 6 weeks left in the season and if the reds have atleast a share of the wildcard lead then i think 30k+ fans a nite will be standard.

i am encouraged the reds can win more than 81 games b/c of great defensive, solid pitching and timely hitting. they play very fundamental ball with the exception of some bad base running.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:06 PM

146 posts, read 399,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Been there, done that. Start off strong and then fall apart like a cheap suit. If actually close to contention in late August, may start to believe.
Yep, unfortunately, I doubt it will last. At best they may be an NL wild card contender.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:20 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,258,017 times
Personally, I am pretty much burned out with baseball overall. It is a really poor entertainment value when you have to pay for the tickets, the ticket FEES, parking, etc. I find myself heading to minor league baseball games and NCAA baseball games.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:12 AM

41,939 posts, read 75,137,295 times
LMAO about the cheap suit ...

It's good to see some decent offense, defense and good pitching all at the same time (what a concept), but yeah ... will it last ...

I'll worry about the Reds after the Flyers have won the Stanley Cup.

Speaking of hockey, how are the Cyclones doing?

Old 05-19-2010, 06:20 AM

279 posts, read 717,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Personally, I am pretty much burned out with baseball overall. It is a really poor entertainment value when you have to pay for the tickets, the ticket FEES, parking, etc. I find myself heading to minor league baseball games and NCAA baseball games.
You just aren't doing it right then. Get tickets in advance, the $5 ones, and you can land any game you want for that price. Park up on 8th and walk, don't drink or eat at the game, and you just got to see 3 hours of live entertainment for $5, or $10 with wife/GF, or even $20 if you bring 2 kids. Doesn't get much better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
LMAO about the cheap suit ...

It's good to see some decent offense, defense and good pitching all at the same time (what a concept), but yeah ... will it last ...

I'll worry about the Reds after the Flyers have won the Stanley Cup.

Speaking of hockey, how are the Cyclones doing?
Went to the Cyclones game last night, it was awesome! But, they did lose in double overtime.

Anyways, yeah I dunno what is wrong with fans. Bandwagon I guess. On the other hand, it has been 9 straight losing seasons. I've already been to over 10 games...went to the entire Cardinals series this past weekend. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon because I never came off it. This team is good!

Old 05-19-2010, 06:24 AM

The Cyclones are still alive. Somehow, they servived a 0-3 deficit in their semi-final series to prevail. They now have a 2-0 lead in the Kelly Cup finals. Oops, they lost last night so it is now 2-1.

Last edited by kjbrill; 05-19-2010 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: add comment

Old 05-19-2010, 06:30 AM

Tubby513 ... You must be one of those never say die fans the pro sports count on. To me it is a race each year to see who disappoints more - the Reds or the Bengals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati