Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 03:23 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times

Advertisements

From what I am reading currently, it is not Cincinnati but the nation which has a bedbug problem. I am getting hyper trying to determine whether we have any or not. But if it is like everything else the media hypes on, in a couple of weeks it will just disappear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 07:11 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,241 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/31/sc...html?_r=1&8dpc

Old 08-31-2010, 07:24 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
Liked the post, read the article. Like I said before has me kind of paranoid about an infestation. This is either a major recurring problem, or another example of how our media can scare us to death. I guess it is just my deviant nature, but I suspect the media is overdramatizing. I don't want to downplay a serious problem, but I thoroughly distrust our media to give us the actual facts.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:14 PM

246 posts, read 1,048,949 times
Would you believe "Bedbugs:The Musical"

Bedbugs Give Rise to 'Bedbugs!!!' - WSJ.com

Old 10-29-2010, 10:14 AM

350 posts, read 880,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntnb View Post
Would you believe "Bedbugs:The Musical"

Bedbugs Give Rise to 'Bedbugs!!!' - WSJ.com

With lyrics such as "We'll bite your neck and bite your fanny, hide in every nook and cranny," the creators hope the musical follows the success of cult classics such as "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" or "Little Shop of Horrors."

But True.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:37 PM

350 posts, read 880,190 times
A good source of info here:

Central Ohio Bed Bug: Prevention

Old 02-03-2011, 04:29 PM

577 posts, read 1,280,657 times
I recently read an article in Cincinnati Magazine that said that Time Magazine did not call Cincinnati the bed bug capitol but that was something that Jack Atherton said on the news. An inaccurate report of the Time article.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,019 times
Default Exterminator Quality in Cincinnati

I'm prepping for an exterminator to come in, but the more I search exterminators the less I know. I mean who will do the best job? Is there one out there I can actually afford and that does a great job?! No reviews on anything, I want to hear from other people suffering with these nasty horrid things who they used that worked and how affordable was it?! Please someone give me some insight, I've heard from the exterminators I want to hear from the people who used their services! Please! I'm ready to get rid of these nasty things but I'm on a budget and cheap service has me worried especially if I can't find anyone that has used it too... Lord help us all I wouldn't wish this crap on my worst enemy!

Old 07-20-2012, 06:01 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,753,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessMotherOfTwo View Post
I'm prepping for an exterminator to come in, but the more I search exterminators the less I know. I mean who will do the best job? Is there one out there I can actually afford and that does a great job?! No reviews on anything, I want to hear from other people suffering with these nasty horrid things who they used that worked and how affordable was it?! Please someone give me some insight, I've heard from the exterminators I want to hear from the people who used their services! Please! I'm ready to get rid of these nasty things but I'm on a budget and cheap service has me worried especially if I can't find anyone that has used it too... Lord help us all I wouldn't wish this crap on my worst enemy!
A needed law is sitting in sub-committee.

Where you are makes a difference. Whether you rent or own makes a difference. How bad the infestation is makes a difference.

If you have to pay for it, consider yourself lucky if you are free of them in three months at a cost of a few thousand dollars and extensive physical work.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:49 AM

800 posts, read 950,919 times
Restless, bed bugs are a very serious problem and you need to hire somebody quickly because every day you wait the problem compounds.

I recommend either Orkin or Terminex. The two main types of treatment are chemicals and the heat. The chemicals worked for my situation because I had a very light infestation (I moved into an apartment that quite obviously had been abanded because it had bed bugs). It only cost $400, from what I remember. But serious infestations will also require the heat, which will cost over $1,000. The chemicals work by having the bed bugs travel over it, but they are also smart enough to avoid doing that so it only really works if the bed bugs are living in the walls or under the carpet, where they are essentially backed into a corner and must walk over the chemicals to get out and feed. The heat is necessary to kill the bed bugs when they have taken up residence and started laying eggs in intricate pieces of furniture (especially fold-out couches in guest rooms, where they can fester for months between visits from guests) and other odd places.

The sprays available at hardware stores DO NOT WORK. I bought a can of some of the stuff, sprayed a bed bug, and watched it stop for a moment while it was stunned, then it just went back to what it was doing. Honestly these products should be taken off the market. They can beat back a flare up of bed bugs, but they cannot kill every one because they hide in places you would not imagine. I found one living in the battery compartment of my laptop computer, for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati