Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 02:26 AM

468 posts, read 787,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthfully19 View Post
I wouldn't exactly call whats coming out of that city hip hop...and its kind of iffy to really rely on music..because in the early to mid 90s who in their right minds would have thought that the limelight in rap(not hip hop) would switch from NYC/West Coast to ATL...This music stuff switches every 15-20 years at the very most lol...Chicago was the epicenter for jazz in the 20s and 30s but is it right now?...so lets pick another one...and as far as a busy airport is concerned thats a good selling point but you have to be solid and outshine others in a particular area and ATL doesn't do that...sorry Houston does though..but as far as Atl is concerned for me its more hype than it is substance

Well please don't mistake Dallas for Atlanta because the only thing lately that's has come out from Atlanta was B.O.B Luda T.I Big Boi Roscoe dash and GUCCi man... I don't know what Industries Atlanta is good at but, there has to be something for these organizations to rank it so high..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
It’s not the organizations I would understand if it was one organization but it’s several, common man. As for the posters 1. People on these forums have a bias against southern cities. 2. Also there have always been this annoying Atlanta vs. Houston thing on these threads which isn’t new.

Interesting... So basically Houston supposed to be ranked higher because of oil /energy and then everyone else.. So what makes Houston less important than NYC if oil and energy is so important.. Wouldn't that make Houston the most important. City in the USA.. Or is it just the southern thing?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:31 AM

259 posts, read 541,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Umm NO.

It has been proven that Chicago is largest of the transportation hubs in the US but transportation hubs are regional, so to answer you no. This is logistics and the US is a large country. Unless a city has annex land across the country to be everything to every region, a city can't niche logistics.
I don't know maybe some people on this site live in their own world lol but Chicago is....I know that we all want to put our city up to a certain point but Chicago is "THE TRANSPORTATION HUB" of the US...its on a higher plain than ATL and I know this and the ATL guys know this..Don't try to take away the significance of Chicago to add valididy to ATL lmao

Old 07-05-2010, 08:36 AM

259 posts, read 541,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG2010 View Post
Well please don't mistake Dallas for Atlanta because the only thing lately that's has come out from Atlanta was B.O.B Luda T.I Big Boi Roscoe dash and GUCCi man... I don't know what Industries Atlanta is good at but, there has to be something for these organizations to rank it so high..
I like B.O.B. and Luda is cool with me...he's a Chicagoan lol...

Old 07-05-2010, 11:13 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,895,905 times
Quote:
Interesting... So basically Houston supposed to be ranked higher because of oil /energy and then everyone else.. So what makes Houston less important than NYC if oil and energy is so important.. Wouldn't that make Houston the most important. City in the USA.. Or is it just the southern thing?
Who said that?? It's the energy industry (which is a very broad industry and does not just include oil...like people ignorantly claim), along with things like the Texas Medical Center, Port of Houston, etc.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthfully19 View Post
I like B.O.B. and Luda is cool with me...he's a Chicagoan lol...
He graduated in Atlanta and has spent more time in Atlanta, which city does he claim?.. I don't think he is trying to take anything from Chicago if you read the post

Old 07-05-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Who said that?? It's the energy industry (which is a very broad industry and does not just include oil...like people ignorantly claim), along with things like the Texas Medical Center, Port of Houston, etc.
Just read thru this thread... Again and again it seems when Atlanta is brought up, that's when u here this Houston is more important to USA.. When u put Houston against NYC this OIL energy TMC argument gets quiet... Oil and Eenergy seem to be the most reconized industry since they do bring in most of Houston GDP.. that's probably why people always leave out TMC and the Port..

Scarface why do u think these several instuition have ranked Atlanta above Houston..?

Old 07-05-2010, 12:17 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,895,905 times
Quote:
Just read thru this thread... Again and again it seems when Atlanta is brought up, that's when u here this Houston is more important to USA.. When u put Houston against NYC this OIL energy TMC argument gets quiet... Oil and Eenergy seem to be the most reconized industry since they do bring in most of Houston GDP.. that's probably why people always leave out TMC and the Port..

Scarface why do u think these several instuition have ranked Atlanta above Houston..?
When you put Houston up against NYC?? Why do you keep saying that? Not many cities in the world can compete with NYC, so it's a very bad comparison. And why do I think several institutions ranked Atlanta above Houston? If you read the thread, you would know... And like many of people have said earlier, there is a reason why Houston receives much more Homeland Security funding than Atlanta...

Old 07-05-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
When you put Houston up against NYC?? Why do you keep saying that? Not many cities in the world can compete with NYC, so it's a very bad comparison. And why do I think several institutions ranked Atlanta above Houston? If you read the thread, you would know... And like many of people have said earlier, there is a reason why Houston receives much more Homeland Security funding than Atlanta...
I have read why.. I just asked u the question.. But it seems the people who speak up from Houston disagree with Atl being ranked higher.... So as u being A person speaking up for Houston do u disagree with Atlanta bein above Houston in the rankings??

Old 07-05-2010, 01:02 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,094,083 times
Quote:
I have read why.. I just asked u the question.. But it seems the people who speak up from Houston disagree with Atl being ranked higher.... So as u being A person speaking up for Houston do u disagree with Atlanta bein above Houston in the rankings??
I disagree with Atlanta being ranked higher as far as importance; Atlanta's economy has little effect on Houston, but Houston's economy plays a major part in keeping Atlanta going [Energy and Oil]. Our pipelines supply the majority of the south and east coast with resources [including ATL]. This is why ATL goes into hysteria and gas shortages every time a hurricane hits the gulf coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City