Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hotter City?(Heat,Visual,Things To Do,Up To Date,ETC.)
Orlando 27 39.13%
Phoenix 42 60.87%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 01:27 PM

8,548 posts, read 10,073,158 times

Advertisements

So do posters who complain about everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 02:52 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,751,875 times
It depends if you like humidity or not. If you hate humidity, one would probably say Phoenix feels nicer.

But if you don't like the sun beating down on you for constant hours of the day, for months at a time at temperatures of 100+, without one cloud in the sky (or so it feels like), then Orlando feels nicer.

Frankly, I'd rather take Orlando's 111 with humidity included over Phoenix's 120. And to those who don't believe the 120, take in account the extremely bad pollution and the heat coming from concrete and asphalt. Our valley holds in pollution like a hippie hugs a tree.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
It depends if you like humidity or not. If you hate humidity, one would probably say Phoenix feels nicer.

But if you don't like the sun beating down on you for constant hours of the day, for months at a time at temperatures of 100+, without one cloud in the sky (or so it feels like), then Orlando feels nicer.

Frankly, I'd rather take Orlando's 111 with humidity included over Phoenix's 120. And to those who don't believe the 120, take in account the extremely bad pollution and the heat coming from concrete and asphalt. Our valley holds in pollution like a hippie hugs a tree.
Rarely does Phoenix hit 120. It did on June 25 this past summer, but we had an extreme heat wave like many areas did. Prior to that, the hottest days on record were 121 on July 28, 1995 and 122 on June 26, 1990.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:00 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,751,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Rarely does Phoenix hit 120. It did on June 25 this past summer, but we had an extreme heat wave like many areas did. Prior to that, the hottest days on record were 121 on July 28, 1995 and 122 on June 26, 1990.
It feels like every time I look at the thermometer it is 120 or very close to it, then again, I rarely look at one because I assume it is over 100 and move on with my life...

The 120 is surely to become much more common with Phoenix's growth. Global warming, I say. Phoenix used to almost never hit the 100s back in the day... How long ago though, I could not pinpoint.

If I had to guess at the average highs in the summer, it is probably around 111-115. That sounds like a safe range. Someone earlier did say that Orlando hits 111 with humidity included, I'm assuming, which is better IMO. One thing I have learned much about is that Florida and much of the South rains much much more than we do. The rain cools down like no other. If I have to feel sticky all day to have an afternoon shower than suddenly feel cool, which is what I experience in New Orleans (not too sure if it's the same in Orlando, I haven't been there in ages), I'd rather go through that then wait until maybe nine or ten at night to have somewhat nice weather. I like the weather in Phoenix at night time, it's something you don't hear a lot.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
It feels like every time I look at the thermometer it is 120 or very close to it, then again, I rarely look at one because I assume it is over 100 and move on with my life...

The 120 is surely to become much more common with Phoenix's growth. Global warming, I say. Phoenix used to almost never hit the 100s back in the day... How long ago though, I could not pinpoint.

If I had to guess at the average highs in the summer, it is probably around 111-115. That sounds like a safe range. Someone earlier did say that Orlando hits 111 with humidity included, I'm assuming, which is better IMO. One thing I have learned much about is that Florida and much of the South rains much much more than we do. The rain cools down like no other. If I have to feel sticky all day to have an afternoon shower than suddenly feel cool, which is what I experience in New Orleans (not too sure if it's the same in Orlando, I haven't been there in ages), I'd rather go through that then wait until maybe nine or ten at night to have somewhat nice weather. I like the weather in Phoenix at night time, it's something you don't hear a lot.
This is a really nifty tool that shows you what the daily temperatures were in Phoenix during the past summer: Phoenix July Weather 2013 - AccuWeather Forecast for AZ 85003

Old 11-15-2013, 08:23 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,596,810 times
Phoenix is hotter.

Orlando most days is not too bad.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:26 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,884,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRUA View Post
Phoenix is hotter.

Orlando most days is not too bad.
In the summer both are brutal. Pick your poison would you rather be under a blow dryer or in a sauna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City