Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which county is better?
Dallas County 41 40.59%
Miami-Dade County 60 59.41%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 02:13 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,380,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Dallas shot out of there mind in the last game, and still only won by 9. Can they replicate what they did in Game 6 on the road? Despite what happened in Game 2, we do play better at home. And if the pressure is on LeBron, I believe Dwade will take over. No one knows what to expect from a Dallas team that has a cushion and a Heat team with nothing to lose. It's just been too close of a tit for tat series to expect Dallas to close out Miami in 6. I mean, Dallas COULD, but it'll be the hardest game of there life.
Let's just say: the pressure is on both teams right now, but more so Miami than Dallas. It's easier to win 1 out of 2 games than it is to win 2 games straight...common sense dictates that. And as the series has moved on, Dallas' shooting as only gotten better. The Heat at this point, have a MUCH larger hill to climb than the Mavs do.

Anyways, on the topic of sports...here's how both metro areas stack up:

South Florida Sports Championships
NBA: 1 championship (2 conference)
MLB: 2 championships (2 pennants)
NFL: 2 championships (5 conference)
NHL: 0 championships (1 conference)

TOTAL: 3 championships (10 conference championships)

DFW Sports Championships
NBA: 0 championships (2 conference)
MLB: 0 championships (1 pennant)
NFL: 5 championships (10 conference)
NHL: 1 championship (2 conference)

TOTAL: 6 championships (17 conference championships)

I feel like lately, the Mavericks and Rangers are coming up in stature vis-a-vis the Cowboys. All they need are the championships to prove it!

As for SoFla....I have a feeling that if LeBron never joined the Heat or at least didn't have that whole "Welcome Party" proclamation, way more people would be cheering them on than they are now.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:45 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlady Z View Post
Dallas shot poorly the first four games for the most part, but still managed to pull off wins. Game 4 should have never been in doubt if the Mavericks hit their open looks. So to me, its just a law of averages and the Mavericks were bound to hit their shots sometime during the series. Will the Mavericks replicate their high shooting percentage in Game 6, probably not, but who knows. Remember Miami shot pretty well too in Game 5 with a lot help from the bench, I don't think this can be replicated too. So I think game 6 will be more reflective of games 2-4, with the key being if the Heat can play 12 full minutes in the 4th quarter.

Some stats to remember. Dallas have a 2-1 record at Miami during the regular and post-season. Dallas won at Miami during the regular season when the Heat had a winning stretch of 21-1 record with the one lost caused by the Mavericks themselves. I read that in Dirk's career, he is 12-7 on closing out series, including 6 straight closeout wins, which tells me he is quite focused on not letting series slip away with the exception of the 06 Finals (Mavs were only up 2-0, and never won a 3rd game). Finally, if this is forced into another game tonight, Dirk is 5-0 in game 7.

I really hope the Mavs win, I've been a Dirk fan for 10 years, he really deserves a ring at this point, while James and Wade will multiple times in the future.

Btw, to answer the topic question, Miami-Dade County for me.
Well the Mavs better win tonight. Because although Dirk may be 5-0 in closeout games, NBA teams in general are 0-4 in road close-out Game 7's. It's never been done. And the law of averages say LeBron is bound to go off on a scoring tangent. The same way people kept waiting for the Mavs to hit open shots, we may very well see the resurrection of LeBron James, and then you add Dwade who's been the best player in the series, so I like the Heats chances.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Let's just say: the pressure is on both teams right now, but more so Miami than Dallas. It's easier to win 1 out of 2 games than it is to win 2 games straight...common sense dictates that. And as the series has moved on, Dallas' shooting as only gotten better. The Heat at this point, have a MUCH larger hill to climb than the Mavs do.

DFW Sports Championships

I feel like lately, the Mavericks and Rangers are coming up in stature vis-a-vis the Cowboys. All they need are the championships to prove it!

As for SoFla....I have a feeling that if LeBron never joined the Heat or at least didn't have that whole "Welcome Party" proclamation, way more people would be cheering them on than they are now.
The pressure is only on us for Game 6, because it's one or done. But if we win Game 6 then all that pressure is back on the Mavs, because we have Game 7 at home.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:58 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Well we know one thing. Dallas put out a better basketball team in 2011.

The Heat are toast!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:13 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
We are the champions!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:14 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Where Polo at!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:18 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,661,729 times
Congrats, Mavs. Well-deserved, and the first championship for the franchise. I like it.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:06 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,877 times
D-Town stand-up

Old 06-12-2011, 10:31 PM

Congrats to the Mavs. You got your revenge. I'm late, I know, I was watching the post-game stuff, and I was on Facebook. But hey, we have a future. People can make fun of us all they want, Heat-haters can rest easy, BUT take heed, you can only rest for this summer, because next year, the Heat are gonna go on a killing spree. The Mavs better cherish this moment.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:11 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post

DFW Sports Championships

Could you edit this please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City