Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Important?
Atlanta Area 94 48.96%
Dallas Area 24 12.50%
Houston Area 50 26.04%
Miami Area 24 12.50%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:46 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,200,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
That is true, Texas has faired very well through the recession. Theres no denying the GDP powerhouses of Houston and Dallas.
Florida has grown as well.: Florida QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 12:48 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,158,702 times
This thread doesn't change how I feel about anything though, Texas cities can be important as they want to be, I still feel like South Florida is the more attractive area. Beautiful teal water, plenty of palm trees, the whitest sand you will find in the country, Spanish Mediterranean style mansions sitting right on the beach, it really is paradise if you can afford it.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:48 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,632,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
Just goes to show Miami is more important than dallas in the SOuthern united states.
If thats what you want to draw from it, fine.

Its not exactly the conclusion I would draw from that data alone. I would say that South Florida is obviously the most popular.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:55 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,890,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
Florida Population and Components of Change

Florida is starting to stagnant now and have more steady growth, which is a good thing.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:57 PM

Florida was definitely one of the worst hit states during the recession, all of the stats you've seen in the last couple of years make it look horrible. I believe things will start to even out in the future.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:00 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,814,874 times
Quote:
This thread doesn't change how I feel about anything though, Texas cities can be important as they want to be, I still feel like South Florida is the more attractive area. Beautiful teal water, plenty of palm trees, the whitest sand you will find in the country, Spanish Mediterranean style mansions sitting right on the beach, it really is paradise if you can afford it.
yeah, but one man's paradise is another man's hot, humid, pretentious, over-priced hell hole .....no, but i would definitely love a winter vacation in miami (when it's a bit cooloer, but still warm enough for the water), but to live there? absolutely not. no matter how rich i am

Old 06-19-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
yeah, but one man's paradise is another man's hot, humid, pretentious, over-priced hell hole .....no, but i would definitely love a winter vacation in miami (when it's a bit cooloer, but still warm enough for the water), but to live there? absolutely not. no matter how rich i am
Lol, everybody has their own opinion, speaking of hot and humid I definitely wouldn't want to live in Texas unless I'm right on the coast.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:04 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,890,626 times
Quote:
Florida was definitely one of the worst hit states during the recession, all of the stats you've seen in the last couple of years make it look horrible. I believe things will start to even out in the future.
I agree, but I don't think Florida will see the explosive growth that it once had. I see more modest growth now. But, places like Miami have been losing people domestically for a while...since the 90s actually.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:06 PM

You are probably right it will see modest growth.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:12 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,814,874 times
Quote:
Lol, everybody has their own opinion, speaking of hot and humid I definitely wouldn't want to live in Texas unless I'm right on the coast.
yeah, true. but the difference between texas and south florida is it actually gets cold in texas. that's why i can tolerate living here because i know i can look forward to atleast a few weeks worth of winter weather come november and december

i've never been a sunshine and flip flops kind of person. i like wearing caps and coats lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City