Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 11:51 PM

644 posts, read 1,430,821 times

Advertisements

Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Okay, back on track...why do people compare Charlotte and Atlanta?

My guess, they're bored and need a hobby
Yeah this has made the last several days go by quicker......goodnight all....

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-26-2010 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 11:59 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,869,796 times
The answer is simple: in many ways, Charlotte is following in Atlanta's footsteps as far as development, a heightened corporate profile, a burgeoning skyline, etc. Charlotte has a lot of what Atlanta has, just in much smaller doses. There was a time that when a company was looking at setting up operations in the Southeast, Atlanta was the default city to look to. Now, Charlotte can provide a bit of competition to a certain extent on that front, as well as other regional metros like Nashville, Raleigh, etc. The Southeast as a region is maturing, with Atlanta as the forerunner.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:04 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,688,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
I don't know why you continue. Anyone who's ever been to Atlanta knows the communities there look just like the ones here. So your point of reference is three builders? Here are eight builders in the Atlanta area that use "maintenance free vinyl siding"...

Kenny Johnson Homes - One of metro Atlanta's most respected homebuilders, Kenny Johnson is recognized for their functional designs and durable construction. The Kenny Johnson Homes staff has dedicated itself to exceeding customer expectations. Their (http://www.kennyjohnsonhomes.com/standardfeatures_ga.shtml - broken link)
ATLANTA CUSTOM HOME BUILDERS - NEW HOMES IN ATLANTA - Cobb, Douglas, Carroll and South Fulton Counties - Benchmark Homes (http://www.benchmarkatlanta.com/sfulton_sandalwoodestates/sandalwoodestates.htm - broken link)
http://www.wesbonnerhomes.com/
GT Homes
atlanta new home builder - Sterling Crest Homes - atlanta, cherokee, west cobb, paulding, forsyth
Building Green Homes certified by EarthCraft House and Energy Star in Gwinnett County, Atlanta
Southeast New Home Builders- Metro Atlanta, Augusta, Aiken SC, Phenix City AL and Beyond- by Crown Communities INC.
Atreus Homes & Communities - Atlanta
You do not know what you are talking about. Go to any of these builders subdivisions and you will see 90% use hardiplank or brick - except for Sterling crest homes. (and they went out of business). How do I know this? Because I have a relative who brought a home from them. You could not build a vinyl home in Gwinnett County for the last 7 years (unless the builder was grandfathered) And even before that, most were hardiplank. Stop posting mis-information. Please go to Crown Communities website and tell me what you see. Please go to comparable subdivisions in Ballantyne or Huntersville and Suwanee, Dacula, Sneville, etc...and tell me what you see. Wynfield Forest in Huntersville (a beautiful layout) has brick/vinyl homes. I have colleuages that live there and their wives complained about the vinyl even though they brought homes) Just stop posting. I will know longer repsond to your post on this topic of vinyl since you continue to blantantly lie.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:18 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
You do not know what you are talking about. Go to any of these builders subdivisions and you will see 90% use hardiplank or brick - except for Sterling crest homes. (and they went out of business). How do I know this? Because I have a relative who brought a home from them. You could not build a vinyl home in Gwinnett County for the last 7 years (unless the builder was grandfathered) And even before that, most were hardiplank. Stop posting mis-information. Please go to Crown Communities website and tell me what you see. Please go to comparable subdivisions in Ballantyne or Huntersville and Suwanee, Dacula, Sneville, etc...and tell me what you see. Wynfield Forest in Huntersville (a beautiful layout) has brick/vinyl homes. I have colleuages that live there and their wives complained about the vinyl even though they brought homes) Just stop posting. I will know longer repsond to your post on this topic of vinyl since you continue to blantantly lie.

Carolina Blue is a respected poster here, unlike a few others on this thread. He has a different point of view than you do - that's all. No need to call him a liar just because you don't agree with him

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-26-2010 at 09:05 AM..

Old 06-26-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
I don't know why you continue. Anyone who's ever been to Atlanta knows the communities there look just like the ones here. So your point of reference is three builders? Here are eight builders in the Atlanta area that use "maintenance free vinyl siding"...

Kenny Johnson Homes - One of metro Atlanta's most respected homebuilders, Kenny Johnson is recognized for their functional designs and durable construction. The Kenny Johnson Homes staff has dedicated itself to exceeding customer expectations. Their (http://www.kennyjohnsonhomes.com/standardfeatures_ga.shtml - broken link)
ATLANTA CUSTOM HOME BUILDERS - NEW HOMES IN ATLANTA - Cobb, Douglas, Carroll and South Fulton Counties - Benchmark Homes (http://www.benchmarkatlanta.com/sfulton_sandalwoodestates/sandalwoodestates.htm - broken link)
http://www.wesbonnerhomes.com/
GT Homes
atlanta new home builder - Sterling Crest Homes - atlanta, cherokee, west cobb, paulding, forsyth
Building Green Homes certified by EarthCraft House and Energy Star in Gwinnett County, Atlanta
Southeast New Home Builders- Metro Atlanta, Augusta, Aiken SC, Phenix City AL and Beyond- by Crown Communities INC.
Atreus Homes & Communities - Atlanta
Unless you can name name 3 large subdivisions in metro Atanta with vinyl that was built in the last 9 years then please stop intentional posting mis-information. Large meaning 250-300 homes. I can name 20 to 30 in Charlotte becuase that's what is predominately built. And when I say metro Atlanta I mean Gwinnett, Cobb, Fulton, Clayton, Forsyth, Cherokee, Fayette. Throw in Henry, Rockdale if you like. BTW the builders you posted in metro Atlanta - I went to 2 of the websites: Kenny Johnson and Crown and only saw brick and Hardiplank. BTW Kenny Johnson is small builder who's homes are priced from mid $200 to $400. No one will buy a home in this price range with vinyl in metro Atlanta. Why? Becuase there are so many homes, some many builders, so much competition. Competition and supply are the main drivers. And while this produced thousands of very nice homes it also produced thousands of foreclosures. In the Hamilton Mill section of Dacula you can currently buy a 4 sides brick home in the low 200's (DR Horton). And there's plenty of inventory like this.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:28 AM

Spoiler
Quote:
Carolina Blue is a respected poster here, unlike a few others on this thread. He has a different point of view than you do - that's all. No need to call him a liar just because you don't agree with him
When a person is lying that is generally what they are called. But perhaps this sounds more polictical correct. Carolina Blue - could you please stop intentional posting false information.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-26-2010 at 09:05 AM..

Old 06-26-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Not sure how one can have a point of view or an opinion of a house built with vinyl and one built with brick or hardiplank.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:34 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Spoiler
Quote:
When a person is lying that is generally what they are called. But perhaps this sounds more polictical correct. Carolina Blue - could you please stop intentional posting false information.
Oh good grief As Sunny already reminded you, the topic is "why do people compare Charlotte and Atlanta?" Just because someone interprets data DIFFERENLY than you and forms a different opinion, does not make them a liar. Continuing to insist they are, however, does make you extremely rude.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-26-2010 at 09:06 AM..

Old 06-26-2010, 07:56 AM

Spoiler
Quote:
Oh good grief As Sunny already reminded you, the topic is "why do people compare Charlotte and Atlanta?" Just because someone interprets data DIFFERENLY than you and forms a different opinion, does not make them a liar. Continuing to insist they are, however, does make you extremely rude.
So it's OK to post mis-information as long as it is pro-Charlotte. I'm done.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-27-2010 at 02:12 AM..

Old 06-26-2010, 08:13 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
You do not know what you are talking about (as usual). Please look at Pulte, DR Horton, John Weidland, etc.. and you will see Charlotte = vinyl; Atlanta = Hardiplank/brick. It's actually code in most of metro atlanta....
Weiland is building a brand new development in Pineville called McCullough. 100% hardiplank and brick (even on the townhomes). He also has a development just south of Ballantyne called Bridgemill, again 100% brick and hardiplank. No vinyl to be seen anywhere. Both of these developments have tons of homes in the $3-400K range, as well.

Just FYI. You might want to have a look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City