Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 07:59 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,367,981 times

Advertisements

Sorry Mr DKB. I never said there weren't homeless people in Charlotte. Sorry their existence bothers you so much. I said they never bother me and I never see them bother anyone else. Not denying their existence, just questioning your assertion that they're aggressive. I've never seen that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 08:20 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
Sorry Mr DKB. I never said there weren't homeless people in Charlotte. Sorry their existence bothers you so much. I said they never bother me and I never see them bother anyone else. Not denying their existence, just questioning your assertion that they're aggressive. I've never seen that.
I'd have to second that. I don't work Uptown, but frequent there often, and can probably count on one hand the times I've been asked for money.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:38 AM

292 posts, read 671,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I'd have to second that. I don't work Uptown, but frequent there often, and can probably count on one hand the times I've been asked for money.
I work have worked uptown for three years now, and walk from the trade and tryon to 6th and brevard every day. I have been approached twice in those three years, and both times where very non-aggressive. I DO see a good number of homeless people though. They just don't harass me.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:37 AM

644 posts, read 1,430,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
Falcons did make it too the super bowl. Atlanta is the 8th largest media MArket we need not go there with media..

So now this is NC vs Atlanta so it would take the whole state to compete with Atlanta..

PLease I am going to warn you dont let the Atlanta posters see these comments they will roast you...
Exactly my point...The point of this thread was to indicate that although Atlanta may have its flaws and may not have managed it's growth the best or has a homeless problem or whatever.....is still a MAJOR city. Charlotte is not a MAJOR city. People here like to put Charlotte up there like it is a top 10 city.....it's not even a top 20. I was trying to state that I am just sick of people here putting Charlotte up there w/ Atlanta because Charlotte is NO WHERE close to ATLANTA.

And I read somewhere that the LYNX system can't get funding to EXPAND...and also 485 is just at a standstill.

Even as a whole state NC...prolly can't even touch ATL.

And yes Charlotte Bobcats is a Charlotte team...but the PANTHERS are a REGIONAL team. Charlotte isn't large enough to support more than two professional teams.

And the reason Charlotte has no traffic...well DUH!!! No one lives here to have traffic....No one visits so of course the streets are completely free of traffic. There a parts of Atlanta highways that handle over 500,000 cars a day.

Charlotte is a very nice city...i never said it wasnt. I just isn't on caliber w/ Atlanta like so many of you like to believe. So keep your NASCAR...I don't intend to live here forever anyway.....Maybe a year or two...then back to Atlanta

Old 06-25-2010, 09:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
Uh, who has tried to say that Charlotte offers everything that ATL does? I haven't read it here. Also, a "top 10" city? Top 10 in what? I have yet to see anyone compare Charlotte to NYC, Chicago, LA, Houston, etc, like YOU did with ATL, by the way. Honestly, I don't understand why ATL people care so much. ATL is a bigger city that offers more than Charlotte, there is simply no arguing that fact. Does it make ATL "better"? Depends on the individual.

You lost me on the "regional team" thing for the Panthers, though. Is it simply because they are not named the Charlotte Panthers? The stadium is here, their practice field is here. How much more can a team belong to a city? So the Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, Golden State Warriors, Texas Rangers, Florida Marlins, etc are all "regional" teams just because they aren't named after a speficic city?

Old 06-25-2010, 09:46 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
Exactly my point...The point of this thread was to indicate that although Atlanta may have its flaws and may not have managed it's growth the best or has a homeless problem or whatever.....is still a MAJOR city. Charlotte is not a MAJOR city. People here like to put Charlotte up there like it is a top 10 city.....it's not even a top 20. I was trying to state that I am just sick of people here putting Charlotte up there w/ Atlanta because Charlotte is NO WHERE close to ATLANTA.

And I read somewhere that the LYNX system can't get funding to EXPAND...and also 485 is just at a standstill.

Even as a whole state NC...prolly can't even touch ATL.

And yes Charlotte Bobcats is a Charlotte team...but the PANTHERS are a REGIONAL team. Charlotte isn't large enough to support more than two professional teams.

And the reason Charlotte has no traffic...well DUH!!! No one lives here to have traffic....No one visits so of course the streets are completely free of traffic. There a parts of Atlanta highways that handle over 500,000 cars a day.

Charlotte is a very nice city...i never said it wasnt. I just isn't on caliber w/ Atlanta like so many of you like to believe. So keep your NASCAR...I don't intend to live here forever anyway.....Maybe a year or two...then back to Atlanta
oh please

Why some of you newbies to Charlotte insist on these ridiculous comparisons is just beyond me.

Charlotte is not Atlanta.

Charlotte does not WANT to be Atlanta.

Don't know why you can't get that - so let me say it again.

People in Charlotte DO NOT CARE about your thoughts on how much "better" Atlanta is than Charlotte - that's just your opinion and even if it were true, so what?

Old 06-25-2010, 09:46 AM

644 posts, read 1,430,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Interesting. I've lived here for 3+ years and I've never heard anyone outside City Data compare the two cities.

Perhaps it was just a way to strike up conversation with you after you told them you were from ATL?

I've been to ATL and it has some wonderful things. However, I'm a small town guy and dealing with ATL traffic every day would drive me looney. If CLT turns into "the next Atlanta", I'll move. Seriously.
I couldn't count on my fingers and toes the times that I have been out and about in Charlotte...happened to talk to someone and they instantly compare Charlotte to Atlanta..... Once again...Charlotte is a nice city......just not on par with Atlanta......Raleigh-Durham and Greenville-Spartanburg maybe

Old 06-25-2010, 09:58 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
Quote:
I couldn't count on my fingers and toes the times that I have been out and about in Charlotte...happened to talk to someone and they instantly compare Charlotte to Atlanta..... Once again...Charlotte is a nice city......just not on par with Atlanta......Raleigh-Durham and Greenville-Spartanburg maybe
LOL

Sounds like you need to start hanging out at other places, then.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:58 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Again, just your opinion and that matters why?

Oh yeah, it doesn't , though you are of course entitled to it - this is still America (at least for a little while longer).

Old 06-25-2010, 10:01 AM

1,619 posts, read 3,872,064 times
How many times will you "prove your point?" Is it that seriously dramatic to you? Tell you what......get in touch with an advertising firm and put together some really great billboards stating that Atlanta is bigger, better, and more awesome than Charlotte. Go even further and go on the morning talk shows and explain your theory. People will be intrigued. No, SERIOUSLY! People will LOVE to see and hear it. You coming in here and arguing passionately about how great Atlanta is, is like someone from Brooklyn moving to College Park and going around talking about how awesome New York is and how Atlanta doesn't even come close. Sounds pretty moronic, huh? I'm sure Atlanta folks couldn't care less. People may compare the two cities just to see you get red in the face. Move on.

No, really. Move on. We get it, and anyone that has been to both cities for any period of time GETS IT. Apparently you don't. It's no big deal to the rest of us. I love living in our little town of Charlotte. Itty Bitty, nowhere close to the sophistication of ATL. Not even close to your level of sophistication, you big city, urbanite you. Yaaaay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City