U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 01:24 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,987,369 times

Advertisements

Places where politicians (particularly the President) spend alot of time campaining and the such says something about a place, what it is, I'm not exactly sure.

These are not facts, just observations:

DC- They live there
Florida- Orlando/Tampa
New Orleans- The Hits just keep comin
Texas
NYC
California
Chicagoland
Michigan
Iowa, Idaho, and all other forms of bumblef**K.
Jersey
Philly
Pittsburgh
Ohio
Upstate PA
Missouri
North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Mississippi
Alabama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 01:27 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,805,335 times
Our current president is from Chicago & still owns his former residence here. So you can bet he's in & out all the time, probably says a few words when he's here and leaves for work.

Otherwise Florida. It's a strong swing state. They always try to go for Ohio & Florida in elections and Missouri too. Can't forget that.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:47 PM

2,116 posts, read 4,203,703 times
Prior to election, "swing states" get the most coverage due to the antiquated electoral college system. Folks in states like Massachusetts and Utah just get to sit by and watch since their votes are already assumed. Before the primaries states like New Hampshire and Iowa make managed to scam their way into the spotlight by having early elections. In my opinion, these 2 practices (the electoral college, and having primaries on different dates) are the 2 things that need to be changed about our elections. And they are the reasons why some cities/regions get unfair attention by presidential candidates.

But for presidents who aren't actively looking for next terms votes, I think they usually visit the places where stuff is going on. Currently, the Gulf coast would be the most obvious example.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:10 PM

13,223 posts, read 17,966,293 times
I'd prefer that Presidents and Presidential candidates stay the **** out of Pennsylvania considering their "knowledge" of the state's political and economic climate is at least 20 years old. And they say Pennsylvanians are "behind the times"...

Old 06-27-2010, 03:18 PM

22,331 posts, read 32,171,331 times
I believe in the last election Montco PA was the most visited county if you add up all the visits from the two main candidates, I remember reading it somewhere during the election. But many thought Bucks and Montgomery were the key to winning the PA electoral votes which at one point were in play

The prior election was somewhere by Columbus OH I believe. Around election time it will be likely a swing county in a state in play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or