U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So which city has the most exotic cars?
Miami 36 32.14%
Los Angeles 46 41.07%
Las Vegas 30 26.79%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:21 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,027,326 times

Advertisements

The Financial District (and Tribecca and the WSH adjacent) in DT Manhattan is a great locale for car watching. Props to the NYC big-leaguers who don't ride around in the back of a generic black town car! A lot of great RR's. I got lucky and saw 2 phantoms in one day: one from two very different eras in the car's history. I saw a mint Porsche 959 in Beverly Hills once -- I can't believe I love a car from the 80's that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 07:44 PM

6,836 posts, read 12,359,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by git45 View Post
The Financial District (and Tribecca and the WSH adjacent) in DT Manhattan is a great locale for car watching. Props to the NYC big-leaguers who don't ride around in the back of a generic black town car! A lot of great RR's. I got lucky and saw 2 phantoms in one day: one from two very different eras in the car's history. I saw a mint Porsche 959 in Beverly Hills once -- I can't believe I love a car from the 80's that much.
yea in lounge 48 on west 47th street youll always see the arabs from new jersey pull up in their crisp white phantom in front of the lounge.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:56 PM

14,805 posts, read 16,980,066 times
Lol Bentley's and Phantoms? I wanna know where you would see the most Bugatti Veyrons and Aston Martin One-77's.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Lol Bentley's and Phantoms? I wanna know where you would see the most Bugatti Veyrons and Aston Martin One-77's.
you wont see the most Aston martin one-77s anywhere because only 77 of them were made, and i beleive one of the 77 was destroyed in a car accident as well.

now Bugatti would be a treat and i believe los angeles would win for Bugatti scenery in america/Canada.

But Bugatti are more present in Europe and the middle east way more then america.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 PM

2,561 posts, read 4,867,738 times
Once again for those people that understand true HIGH END car culuture..translation those who can afford 100k+ and engage the lifestyle....
one answer Newport Beach CA. second Beverly Hills...don't even try if you are on the East Coast..you will just end up looking bunpkin by comparison.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:17 AM

9,620 posts, read 12,783,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Once again for those people that understand true HIGH END car culuture..translation those who can afford 100k+ and engage the lifestyle....
one answer Newport Beach CA. second Beverly Hills...don't even try if you are on the East Coast..you will just end up looking bunpkin by comparison.
Yeah. I dunno if everyone just missed my post, but... yeah, I took all of those pictures in BH's Golden Triangle over the course of a few days. These were just the ones that were parked. Every day, I see Rolls drop tops, all manner of Ferrari's - Enzo, 458 Italia, FF, California, and not to mention older models... all manner of Lambo's... AMG's are as common as Camry's anywhere else.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:31 AM

127 posts, read 158,366 times
Beverly Hills. Range Rovers and Bentleys in Beverly are as common as Toyota Corollas everywhere.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
um what are you talking about??? you pretty much explained the scenario of manhasset mall which is in long island - suburb of nyc on the east coast

most people on the east coast specifically new yorkers, and new jersey folks keep their exotics in florida anyway. If we had the weather like you guys we would keep them here.

i went to miami and saw a lot of exotics with ny, and nj plates but that was in miami so i cant say i saw them in nyc.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb90 View Post
Beverly Hills. Range Rovers and Bentleys in Beverly are as common as Toyota Corollas everywhere.
range rover? range rovers are common anywhere period lol. in fact I would say among the black population here in Brooklyn the most bought luxury suv is the range rover, and porsche cayenne.

But the range rovers price range doesnt really show your making money. A middle class person can afford a 60k - 80k range rover.

i view exotics cars as cars that are 100,000k+ and are not affordable by the huge amount of americans in the country.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Yeah. I dunno if everyone just missed my post, but... yeah, I took all of those pictures in BH's Golden Triangle over the course of a few days. These were just the ones that were parked. Every day, I see Rolls drop tops, all manner of Ferrari's - Enzo, 458 Italia, FF, California, and not to mention older models... all manner of Lambo's... AMG's are as common as Camry's anywhere else.
for the most part amg arent really that expensive if we are talking "exotic". The true expensvie amgs are the sls, sl, and all the amgs for the s class, and cl class.

but in a rich area amgs, m series, s series for audis, and f series for lexus can be spotted everywhere since a good portion of them are under 100k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or