U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So which city has the most exotic cars?
Miami 36 32.14%
Los Angeles 46 41.07%
Las Vegas 30 26.79%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 03:26 AM

10,171 posts, read 12,179,036 times

Advertisements

I nominate Houston especially (Sugar Land area) I see one of those almost everyday... and no not the same one, they're different colors.

Some idiot wrecked his Bugatti a few months ago on Galveston Beach, how shameful, he was one of two people in Houston to have a Bugatti, but he got another one, so oh well. lol.

I've made an album in the past 2 years of every exotic car I see in Houston; 713 pictures, 82 different cars with Lamborghini's, Audi R8's, Bentley's, Ferrari's, Rolls Royce's, Astin Martin's, etc of all colors and types. And one of the Ferrari's being an Enzo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 07:25 AM

31,152 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Havana.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:26 AM
eek

3,576 posts, read 6,448,993 times
i've seen aston martinis, ferraris, bmw's, mercedes...um...lamborghinis, a bentley and a phantom. this is in nyc but yeah you aren't seeing a ton. most ppl take the train.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:27 AM

6,628 posts, read 12,112,091 times
In terms of the United States, South Florida and Southern California are the clear-cut winners.

Bentley and Maserati Quattroporte seem to be the cars of choice among the elite here in Boston (in the city at least). I'm actually surprised if I don't see one while walking to get lunch. However it's easy for me to say that because I work next to the Fairmont Copley, and down the street from Mandarin Oriental, which is usually stacked with nice cars.

In terms of world capitals for exotic cars, there are two runners up: London & Dubai. The far and away winner is Monte Carlo. F1 week there is absurd.

These pictures were taken during F1 week...and these are just random cars parked on the street or at hotels. Photographer's flickr account can be found here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kyter/ - broken link) if you'd like to see more.

At the Bay Hotel...

Monte Carlo is also the boating king. Nowhere else will you see such an impressive lineup of mega-yachts.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:09 PM

3,732 posts, read 6,892,332 times
Yeah I'd agree that South Florida and Southern California are the winners for the US. These 2 seem to compete with everything.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:02 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,255,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFdeliveryguy View Post
if i suggest philly for nice cars will anyone attack me???
We're not really anywhere near the top. Philadelphians are pretty conservative compared to people in SoCal, SoFL, TX, etc. My area has a fantastic Ferrari/Maserati dealership (which our family friends own), but you really dont see too many driving them here. Most people drive BMWs, Audis, Lexus', Acuras, Mercedes, with a decent amount of Porsches. And you dont really see top of the line i.e. 7 Series, A8s, S Series, etc. because most people dont really care enough.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:47 PM

11,543 posts, read 17,880,077 times
The South Florida cities for sure. It's more evident in Miami Beach because the city gets a lot of press and attention.
My condo's garage is like an exotic car showcase. If I ever want to see what's the latest and greatest toy, I just walk the garage and take a look. Everything is there from the Ferrari's, Aston Martin's, Lambroghini's, Bentley's, Rolls Royces, etc. On the lower end, there's the new Porsche sedan, Audi R8 and the run of the mill collection of BMW's. But, for this Miami Beach boy, they got nothin' on my 10 year old VW!

Old 05-08-2010, 02:33 AM

2,051 posts, read 3,012,977 times
I just remember when someone at my old high school wrecked a Viper that his dad gave him... He was from another country, and he had the most expensive car by far in either parking lot (understandably). Luckily for them, they were able to get it repaired.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:33 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
Here in Perth I see Ferraris about 2-3 times a year! lol. Yes they're rare enough that you take note. Mercedes, BMW, Audi are common, Porsche semi-common, same with Jag's, never seen a Bentley, seen maybe 3 Lamborghini's in the last few years. A Rolls Royce, the only one's I've seen are over 20 years old and even then they are rare.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:24 PM

14,005 posts, read 21,953,057 times
SoCal and SoFla EASILY. Add Vegas to that also. I remember seeing a Lotus in my aunts neighborhood in SoFla like it was nothing. Like it was a Ford pick-up or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or