Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 11:00 AM

51 posts, read 92,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
yes. exactly.
I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 01:35 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,803,014 times
Lexington, Kentucky
Evansville, Indiana

Old 07-10-2010, 02:15 PM

362 posts, read 1,058,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I was in hell for the last 4 years. went to college there.

I found my boyfriend there two years ago and we moved away as soon as we were done with school.

for a big city it is really really backwards.
more like a mexican city than a us one

Houston is not much different than San Antonio based on hispanic population. I love going to San Antonio, had much more fun there than in Houston. I lived in Houston before and have family there in Missouri City.

If San Antonio is so backwards why would you go to one of their backwards schools? Everyone in the Valley loves San Antonio, also my family from Monterrey, Mex love it. They have been to Houston and they didn't care for it so much. They said it was cluttered and smelled bad and super humid.

Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Monterrey are bigger than Houston. Mexico City is one of the richest cities in the world to bad the governemnt is corrupt. Mexico City makes Houston and most other American cities look like a rest stops.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:20 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1984 View Post
If San Antonio is so backwards why would you go to one of their backwards schools?
I went there because all the teachers told me how wonderful the city is, also everytime I visited I had lots of fun. I didn't know that visiting and living there are two different things.

saying that, you probably liked it for the same reason I did, it is fun to visit.

And coming from the valley, San Antonio seems like paradise.

And it doesn't matter if Monterrey is bigger than Houston, San Antonio is bigger than Austin but it is still not as good

Oh and you are wrong, the hispanic population in SA and Houston are quite different. In HOuston it is in the high 30's in SA it is almost 70 %

Old 07-10-2010, 02:31 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Houston has more Latinos by sheer number. San Antonio has more by percentage only.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:39 PM

San Antonio is 59% Houston is 43%. I'm hispanic and I'm not backwards! The ones that are backwards are the close minded racists that waste their time and energy being ugly.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:44 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
San Antonio is 59% Houston is 43%
Right. Now lets post some actual numbers instead of percentages.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:47 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Houston is not much different than San Antonio based on hispanic population. I love going to San Antonio, had much more fun there than in Houston. I lived in Houston before and have family there in Missouri City.

If San Antonio is so backwards why would you go to one of their backwards schools? Everyone in the Valley loves San Antonio, also my family from Monterrey, Mex love it. They have been to Houston and they didn't care for it so much. They said it was cluttered and smelled bad and super humid.

Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Monterrey are bigger than Houston. Mexico City is one of the richest cities in the world to bad the governemnt is corrupt. Mexico City makes Houston and most other American cities look like a rest stops.

Someone from Mexico calling Houston cluttered and smelly??? that's hilarious.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:52 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,847 times
Worst US cities for single men ? All cities where I am because all women want me

Old 07-10-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Someone from Mexico calling Houston cluttered and smelly??? that's hilarious.

When vacationing they were not thinking of where they came from I guess. But i agree with you it is the pot calling the kettle black. The border towns are scary. But many of the interior cities have beautiful architecture, they remind me of European cities. And you cant compare Texas beaches to mexico beaches. Mexico has nicer ones and crystal clear water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City