Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 03:05 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Well that begs the question im going to ask then.
When was the last time you been to Indianapolis?
Year wise
2010 and I was unimpressed.

But then again I am a New York City ex-pat, so I am generally underwhelmed by all three cities in question. Though, I like Cincy for what it offers a lot better than c-bus and Indy.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:38 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,510,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post

But then again I am a New York City ex-pat, so I am generally underwhelmed by all three cities in question. Though, I like Cincy for what it offers a lot better than c-bus and Indy.
Then you need to revisit Indianapolis.
and its only a 2 hour drive away too.
Indianapolis of today is even different than the Indianapolis of 2010.
#1 the JW Marriott is open. New Hotels/Cityway development/Georgia Street/Expanded Interstates and more jobs and people downtown. etc etc.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:55 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,147,548 times
Quote:
#1 the JW Marriott is open. New Hotels/Cityway development/Georgia Street/Expanded Interstates and more jobs and people downtown. etc etc.
Interstate not expanded dt. Thats the north and west sides

Every city has its strengths and weaknesses. National events and local traditions. All of them are in mass build mode.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:37 PM

2,549 posts, read 3,977,685 times
Quote:

I think Indy is doing quite well for a city it's size in my eyes. I give it an edge over the other two. This coming from someone who's an ex Japan expat and who has been in a city (Tokyo) larger than NY. I appreciate cities for what they are and not just what they don't have. May be I'm more open minded because I've been around the world to see cities for the good and not just bad but that's just me.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:13 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
You really think opening up new interstate lanes is why people come visit Indy, Cincinnati is building a streetcar system and plans for a light rail now thats what you call transportation

Old 09-08-2012, 07:18 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanologist View Post
his coming from someone who's an ex Japan expat and who has been in a city (Tokyo) larger than NY.
I don't compare cities based on size. I compare them on a personal level to what tickles my fancy. The mid-west simply does not tickle my fancy.

Then there is Cincinnati. A city in the mid-west, smaller than it's peers, that I find quite unique and satisfying. I can't stand indy or C-bus for a variety of reasons. Mid-west cities are completely different from north east cities. I like the north east. Not japan or Indy or Columbus. And that's about it.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I don't compare cities based on size. I compare them on a personal level to what tickles my fancy. The mid-west simply does not tickle my fancy.

Then there is Cincinnati. A city in the mid-west, smaller than it's peers, that I find quite unique and satisfying. I can't stand indy or C-bus for a variety of reasons. Mid-west cities are completely different from north east cities. I like the north east. Not japan or Indy or Columbus. And that's about it.
I hear some people (not all) say the same thing in the South about the Northeast. They just like the South. Personally, I like all regions for what they are. I like the change of scenery and culture in each region. It would be boring if every region in the country were the same. Just my take

Old 09-08-2012, 07:43 PM

934 posts, read 1,440,115 times
I think Midwestern cities have more variety than people give them credit for.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallensrvnge View Post
I think Midwestern cities have more variety than people give them credit for.
Exactly, the Midwest culture and setting wouldn't be what it is if it was exactly like the Northeast or any other region. The Midwest does have variety but in their own style. It just comes down to how open minded some people are about appreciating a place and culture for what they are.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:03 PM

2,545 posts, read 3,294,625 times
Quote:
This is truly hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City