Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 08:22 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,041,021 times

Advertisements

Show pictures of your city's Riverwalk, and list cities that have some nice river walks and some of the attractions located at that river walk.
If your city doesn't have a river walk, you can still show pictures/talk about any body of water with a pathway next to it in your city's downtown/uptown/CBD.

PS: Mods, I didn't watermark my pictures because those would go against the TOS guidelines it seems, but I just put my name on it instead... please don't delete- they're mine.

My City Chicago-I took the pictures myself (not a professional- just want to throw that out there):

Okay, the Chicago River is used to transport a lot goods from the port to the inner city. The Riverwalk has quite a lot going for it, get some food in the nearby places, there are some ice cream stands, walk alongside the river, go kayaking do whatever. There are tour boats that show you the city, there are speedboats if you want to have a fun ride. There are Water Taxi services if you're trying to commute to other points in the city. (I normally always use the water taxi everytime I step out of my building- it's a convenient way to travel).
It's pretty successful in Chicago.

Your turn, lets see what your city has got. Remember it doesn't have to be a Riverwalk exactly, it can be similar to a riverwalk, but let's see what the other cities have got! And remember to give a brief history of how it was formed and what the Riverwalk is primarily used for and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 08:29 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,183,607 times
Lol @ "Danny's Picture - Do not steal, otherwise he will find you!" Very nice pictures of Chicago Riverwalk, gotta love the Chi.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Lol @ "Danny's Picture - Do not steal, otherwise he will find you!" Very nice pictures of Chicago Riverwalk, gotta love the Chi.
I wanted to add a Watermark to it, but I think that automatically goes against the terms of service or something like that. So I wanted to avoid that.

I'm being serious, the last time I let my friend Dylan borrow my pictures of Denver he started putting them online on his page to make some quick cash off his blog site... LOL

Old 07-07-2010, 08:45 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,940,715 times
Those are excellent pictures Danny. Love those buildings on the water front. good show

does my bayou walk count???

Old 07-07-2010, 08:53 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,813,368 times
Nice pics of the Chicago river walk- I posted these all over CD but wth, THEY'RE MINE...

Jersey City river walk along the Hudson (In Liberty State Park)

Old 07-07-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Those are excellent pictures Danny. Love those buildings on the water front. good show

does my bayou walk count???
Yes! Anything even looking similar to a riverwalk counts. Besides- I think that's what they're trying to do with the project there, to make it into a Riverwalk system!

I haven't seen too many pictures of what it looks like at present though.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I wanted to add a Watermark to it, but I think that automatically goes against the terms of service or something like that. So I wanted to avoid that.

I'm being serious, the last time I let my friend Dylan borrow my pictures of Denver he started putting them online on his page to make some quick cash off his blog site... LOL
Lmao damn, he was picture-hustling.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:07 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,940,715 times
still don't know how to put up pics on here.
Attached Thumbnails
Cities: Riverwalks-htown-river.jpg   Cities: Riverwalks-htownriverwalk2.jpg  

Old 07-07-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Nice pics of the Chicago river walk- I posted these all over CD but wth, THEY'RE MINE...

Jersey City river walk along the Hudson (In Liberty State Park)

LOVE LSP! Great shots!

Old 07-07-2010, 09:16 PM

@ BPerone, I'm glad you included Jersey City's skyline into the pictures as well, thats a true Jersey Boy thing to do . You know how many people go over there just to turn there backs to JC and take pics of Manhattan? It's like a slap in the face to us NJians, even though I still love NY too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City