Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which offers better city living?
Buckhead 79 34.20%
Hoboken 152 65.80%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 02:47 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,829,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10013 View Post
Only D list ones who can't afford to live in NY.

Why would a New York City celebrity, living in the media capital, glamor and cultural capital of the United States spend lots of time in Atlanta?

I'm not trying to be a snob but I can't think of a single reason why such a thing would happen.
Call them And ask them personal maybe you will get a really good answer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 05:41 PM

70 posts, read 86,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
So they bought a house in the most expensive zip code in the nation to let it sit there? I know for a fact they lived there, I'm sure they own homes in manhattan too. I just find that stupid. Do you know where Alpine is or how extravagant that place is? You just don't buy houses there for no reason.
Yes, they do buy them and probably visit them once in a while.

Those two are both full time Manhattan residents.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:56 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,415,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10013 View Post
Only D list ones who can't afford to live in NY.

Why would a New York City celebrity, living in the media capital, glamor and cultural capital of the United States spend lots of time in Atlanta?

I'm not trying to be a snob but I can't think of a single reason why such a thing would happen.
Hate to bust your bubble but Black Celebrities in the music industry from New York right now seem to be in love with Atlanta. Party after party they are here in bunches. P. Diddy not only owns a restaurant in Atlanta but has a condo I think it's in Buckhead. Just a couple weekends ago for BET awards show there was a party not far from Buckhead attended by Diddy, Busta Rhymes, Juelz Santanta, Jim Jones all from New York. Cameron hangs out here all the time. That same party was also attended by Rick Ross, Keri Hilson, Mike Epps, Flo Rida and others. P Diddy threw another big party that same weekend also in Atlanta. Drake's actually from Toronto but works with a lot of New York artist and is about the biggest musical act their is right now. He's always all over Atlanta at different events.

For them right now Atlanta is kind of like a musical capital. Not only are artist from New York here but huge Artist from Atlanta, Miami, the West Coast about the only hip hop R&B artist I don't see much of here are the ones from New Orleans.

Just so far this year alone there have been parties/performances also attended by New Yorkers Niki Manaji, Fat Joe, Dougie Fresh, Biz Markie, Angela and Vanessa Simmons, Mary J. Blige, NAS and none New Yorkers Snoop Dogg, Chris Brown, Rhianna, Gabrielle Union, Common, Allen Iverson, Amerie, Stacy Dash, Vivica Fox, Tyrese, and much much more. Janet Jackson used to own a condo she lived in in Buckhead when she dated Jermaine Dupree, Elton John lives in the same Condo. New York artist Kieth Sweat and others have moved here. Not to mention all the big Atlanta artist that are always doing things here.

Last edited by Galounger; 10-25-2010 at 06:07 PM..

Old 10-25-2010, 06:36 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,070,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Hate to bust your bubble but Black Celebrities in the music industry from New York right now seem to be in love with Atlanta. Party after party they are here in bunches. P. Diddy not only owns a restaurant in Atlanta but has a condo I think it's in Buckhead. Just a couple weekends ago for BET awards show there was a party not far from Buckhead attended by Diddy, Busta Rhymes, Juelz Santanta, Jim Jones all from New York. Cameron hangs out here all the time. That same party was also attended by Rick Ross, Keri Hilson, Mike Epps, Flo Rida and others. P Diddy threw another big party that same weekend also in Atlanta. Drake's actually from Toronto but works with a lot of New York artist and is about the biggest musical act their is right now. He's always all over Atlanta at different events.

For them right now Atlanta is kind of like a musical capital. Not only are artist from New York here but huge Artist from Atlanta, Miami, the West Coast about the only hip hop R&B artist I don't see much of here are the ones from New Orleans.

Just so far this year alone there have been parties/performances also attended by New Yorkers Niki Manaji, Fat Joe, Dougie Fresh, Biz Markie, Angela and Vanessa Simmons, Mary J. Blige, NAS and none New Yorkers Snoop Dogg, Chris Brown, Rhianna, Gabrielle Union, Common, Allen Iverson, Amerie, Stacy Dash, Vivica Fox, Tyrese, and much much more. Janet Jackson used to own a condo she lived in in Buckhead when she dated Jermaine Dupree, Elton John lives in the same Condo. New York artist Kieth Sweat and others have moved here. Not to mention all the big Atlanta artist that are always doing things here.
Didnt u get the message that black well to do famous acts dont matter and its actually all about the white a-list elite and where they decide to live. Like come on really

Sarcasm appreciated

Old 10-25-2010, 06:55 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,385,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post

Yes, the brown looking oddly shaped highrise in Buckhead. I saw Jermaine and Janet in Benny Hanna a few years back. Through all of the makeup, you could still tell it was her. You know, I blame Jermaine and Bobby for dropping the ball. We would still have Janet and Whitney had they tightened it up!

Old 10-25-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Didnt u get the message that black well to do famous acts dont matter and its actually all about the white a-list elite and where they decide to live. Like come on really

Sarcasm appreciated
And where exactly did you get that memo?

And this whole time I could have sworn Jay-Z and P. Diddy were black.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:35 PM

8,468 posts, read 14,918,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post

Sarcasm appreciated
I too have noticed this same thing. Like Kayne said "If they hate then let them hate...then watch the money pile up"

Old 10-25-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I too have noticed this same thing. Like Kayne said "If they hate then let them hate...then watch the money pile up"
.....Kanye West lives in NYC.

Kanye West, Jay-Z, P. Diddy are all black, yes? Where did this tired race card come from when Jay-Z and P. Diddy were the only celebrities mentioned, who both happen to be black and clearly a list?

Old 10-25-2010, 07:44 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,665,505 times
And didn't Kanye say 50 told him that? Another for NY..

Old 10-25-2010, 07:47 PM

Zing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City