U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which offers better city living?
Buckhead 79 34.35%
Hoboken 151 65.65%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:55 PM

6,558 posts, read 6,883,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10013 View Post
.....Kanye West lives in NYC.
Ok...

I suppose this was supposed to be an "oh snap" kind of moment, but you do know he was born in Atlanta, his father still lives here and spends a lot of time down here for work and probably visiting family, right?

Besides, what's the relevance of that on this thread given the one place you are sure not to see Kayne is Hoboken. Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
And didn't Kanye say 50 told him that? Another for NY..
And the relevance for Hoboken, New Jersey is what exactly?

Old 10-25-2010, 08:58 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,581,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
And the relevance for Hoboken, New Jersey is what exactly?
That he can probably see it from his penthouse,duh!

Old 10-25-2010, 09:02 PM

531 posts, read 620,102 times
Please refrain from comparing ATL to NYC when it comes to hiphop music. Yes, ATL is running the charts right now and thus they are currently wearing the hiphop crown. But, go and read the tiny inscription inside of that crown; it says "Made in New York". Its actually quite depressing to see what ATL has done to hiphop; please, return it back to its owner .

LMAO man oh man-- I cannot beleive it when ATL has the nerve to act superior to NY in hiphop. When did it become cool for Danielson to diss Mr. Miyagi?

Sorry that was a bit of a rant-- I'm just so sick of hearing people in ATL say stuff like this (not necessarily people on CD, you guys actually seem to understand this concept for the most part)

Old 10-25-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
That he can probably see it from his penthouse,duh!
Well that is about as relevant as Sarah Palin thinking she can see Russia from her backyard...

Old 10-25-2010, 09:04 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,581,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive8ight5ive View Post
Please refrain from comparing ATL to NYC when it comes to hiphop music. Yes, ATL is running the charts right now and thus they are currently wearing the hiphop crown. But, go and read the tiny inscription inside of that crown; it says "Made in New York". Its actually quite depressing to see what ATL has done to hiphop; please, return it back to its owner .

LMAO man oh man-- I cannot beleive it when ATL has the nerve to act superior to NY in hiphop. When did it become cool for Danielson to diss Mr. Miyagi?

Sorry that was a bit of a rant-- I'm just so sick of hearing people in ATL say stuff like this (not necessarily people on CD, you guys actually seem to understand this concept for the most part)
Lmao

Old 10-25-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive8ight5ive View Post

Who's acting superior?

It's a known fact that the center for hip-hop at this moment is Atl, but that doesn't mean we're "better" than NY. Artist from both cities go back and forth from NY to ATL for work, parties, shows, etc. And despite your limited knowledge on this matter based on your "what ATL has done to Hip-Hop", not all of it is crap (like NYC doesn't have it's share of crap too) and lot of the top artists point to their inspiration being NYC artists and T.I. said he changed his stage name to that from TIP out of respect for Q-Tip since they were on the same label at the time. But I guess if we aren't holding our heads down in shame then that's supposed to mean we're acting superior

Again though, I fail to see how Hoboken is even relevant in that conversation since this thread isn't about that at all.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:13 PM

3,219 posts, read 3,134,668 times
Quote:
Well that is about as relevant as Sarah Palin thinking she can see Russia from her backyard...
You do know that she never said that right?? That was a Tina Fay sketch on SNL making fun of her lol which is after all "Live from New York!!!"

Old 10-25-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
You do know that she never said that right?? That was a Tina Fay sketch on SNL making fun of her lol which is after all "Live from New York!!!"
I was paraphrasing, but she did say that:

Look, out to sea - is that . . . Russia? - The Boston Globe

Quote:
And who, in all wide-eyed seriousness, claims to know Russia because: "They're our next-door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska"?
The moral of this story is Sarah Palin is dumb. I think we can all agree on that.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:21 PM

3,219 posts, read 3,134,668 times
Quote:
I was paraphrasing, but she did say that:

Look, out to sea - is that . . . Russia? - The Boston Globe

The moral of this story is Sarah Palin is dumb. I think we can all agree on that.
I totally agree with you that being a next door neighbor to a country does not give you the credentials automatically to have good foreign policy. I just hate when misrepresentation happens to Obama, Clinton, Bush, or Palin and we all just laugh and accept it. Anyways thanks for clarifying and you guys should add Luda to the list for ATL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City