Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which offers better city living?
Buckhead 79 34.20%
Hoboken 152 65.80%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 02:15 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
That is the topic of the thread, city life and access...

b/c people on here scream that buckhead is urban and claim atlanta is the nyc of the south... But of course you are correct with all of the places you picked.

are you kidding, you have over a dozen posters on here who routinely claim buckhead is the urban lifestyle, where have you been.
To them its urban so trying to prove it isnt really isnt going to get you anywhere. Who is going to stop them from saying it is urban? I can have a urban lifestyle in buckhead Depending on where I am in Buckhead. Might not look like Hoboken but I could easily walk ride a train to the nearest grocery store, club resturant, shopping and A whole lot of things. Through out this thread they have said Hoboken does offer a better Urban lifestyle. But to say you cant live a urban lifestyle in Buckhead is not accurate. We never gave Atlanta the title NYC of the south

Last edited by MikeandIke27; 06-09-2011 at 02:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 02:23 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,505,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
To them its urban so trying to prove it isnt really isnt going to get you anywhere. Who is going to stop them from saying it is urban? I can have a urban lifestyle in buckhead Depending on where I am in Buckhead. Might not look like Hoboken but I could easily walk ride a train to the nearest grocery store, club resturant, shopping and A whole lot of things. Through out this thread they have said Hoboken does offer a better Urban lifestyle. But to say you cant live a urban lifestyle in Buckhead is not accurate.
oh but if only that were what was said...
where do you go outside of buckhead though, and comparable to what other urban lifestyles in the u.s., it is still in the same country right, or is it only an urban lifestyle that you could call that for the state of georgia? how about claims of is buckhead urban, while queens is suburban? is that accurate? b/c that is what I see people posting. is new development in buckhead make it look like tokyo? they claim that too.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
oh but if only that were what was said...
where do you go outside of buckhead though, and comparable to what other urban lifestyles in the u.s., it is still in the same country right, or is it only an urban lifestyle that you could call that for the state of georgia? how about claims of is buckhead urban, while queens is suburban? is that accurate? b/c that is what I see people posting. is new development in buckhead make it look like tokyo? they claim that too.
I never saw the post about it being or looking like Tokyo. What I have seen is that people would say that parts of Atlanta urban parts is set up like queens its urban but not on the level like the other boroughs. Queens doesnt offer you that High density urban lifestyle like the bronx or Brooklyn. Hell Hoboken has better city access than Queens.

Buckhead is Huge Hoboken is just 1 mile. Hoboken is what it is because of proximity to NYC

I know this is about BUckhead but look at these pictures and tell me what they resemble

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=181892

Last edited by MikeandIke27; 06-09-2011 at 02:54 PM..

Old 06-09-2011, 03:07 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,906,553 times
Quote:
I never saw the post about it being or looking like Tokyo. What I have seen is that people would say that parts of Atlanta urban parts is set up like queens its urban but not on the level like the other boroughs. Queens doesnt offer you that High density urban lifestyle like the bronx or Brooklyn. Hell Hoboken has better city access than Queens.

Buckhead is Huge Hoboken is just 1 mile. Hoboken is what it is because of proximity to NYC

I know this is about BUckhead but look at these pictures and tell me what they resemble

- One Hour - One City: Atlanta - 5 Points! - - SkyscraperPage Forum

Queens has a higher population density than Chicago, Philadelphia, SF, and Boston

Old 06-09-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:

- One Hour - One City: Atlanta - 5 Points! - - SkyscraperPage Forum
Then I would say , what the heck are they talking about? Queens is 2.3 million people at 21,000 density. It's twice as dense and and twice is large as Boston, so you could fit 4 Boston's within Queens alone...

Old 06-09-2011, 03:31 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,906,553 times
Quote:
Then I would say , what the heck are they talking about? Queens is 2.3 million people at 21,000 density. It's twice as dense and and twice is large as Boston, so you could fit 4 Boston's within Queens alone...

Yeah he threw me on that one too; maybe he meant Staten Island which is close to the density of DC I believe (still dense by US cities). Nearly half of the 2.3 million Queens residents would fit inside of Buckhead footprint alone and the 2.3 million would basically fit inside the loop of Houston. Queens is uber dense in US standards; just not NYC standards

Old 06-09-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Queens just seems less dense than the other Brooklyn and the Bronx

Old 06-09-2011, 08:57 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,756 times
Buckhead has the better women, but as far as transit options go/walkability Hoboken hands down.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Queens just seems less dense than the other Brooklyn and the Bronx
but you just said...

Quote:
What I have seen is that people would say that parts of Atlanta urban parts is set up like queens its urban but not on the level like the other boroughs.
so hopefully now that you see the logic written out, you don't actually agree with these posters, do you?

Old 06-10-2011, 06:57 AM

336 posts, read 768,321 times
Access - Hoboken.... NYC > ATL
Transportation - Hoboken.... PATH and NJ Transit > MARTA
Living.... Hoboken
Walkability.... Hoboken
Job Access.... Hoboken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City