Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Republic of Cascadia, yes or no?
Yes! 39 54.17%
Noo 22 30.56%
Who? What? Isn't it all just trees up there? 11 15.28%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 09:18 AM

99 posts, read 253,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
No way it would be a Political nightmare with 2 countries involved, a Republic of New England or Republic of Texas would be more likely as this involves 1 countrys area , but all 3 have a really slim chance of happening.
But the American and Canadian government are both in such bad shape ... surely it can't be that unlikely?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 10:58 AM

443 posts, read 873,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missRoxyhart View Post
I didn't know my question sounded so weird lol. I was just wondering, do people in that part of Canada wanna be separate from the rest of it? Do they feel isolated from their government and country too?

Also, if they were independent, would they wanna join with the US Northwest states? Is there that much of a "brotherhood" type relationship over there?

I never really get that argument. Don't you guys send over senators and representatives too? In fact, California sends the most, and Washington isn't so low either (about the same as Mass?). We have to live with what you guys vote on too you know. Would it maybe make things better if we moved the capital to say the Oregon/California borderline? I'd be ok with that.

I think if any states/regions broke off, they'd quickly see that without the whole country pooling together our resources (natural, military, economic) like we do, they wouldn't be so well off. I mean for any place, California, New York, wherever.

Also, what does feel like the US then? California? NYC? New England? The South? I think alot of our strength comes from our diversity.
Oklahoma and Kansas. The parts that feel like the US are Oklahoma and Kansas.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:57 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,754,768 times
As a fifth generation Washingtonian, I hate this Cascadia nonsense. This is Columbia, not Cascadia, and we will be divided unless Canada joins the greatest nation on the plant, the United States of America.

Most of these dummy Cascadia separatists are a bunch of Californians who relocated here after ruining that state. I wish they would move back.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D. Calif View Post
Lol it is a sad truth. But I'm proud of my Californianess :P.

I'm not sure i understand your question. But yes, the proposed prefectures are Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia.
That's not Cascadia. Cascadia is the area west of the Cascades. Basically the Puget/Willamette lowlands, and many of us locals resent the name.

The Pacific Northwest includes Idaho and Western Montana too. The borders are arbitrary. Go to Newport/Oldtown, WA/ID someday.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:21 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,260,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
That's not Cascadia. Cascadia is the area west of the Cascades. Basically the Puget/Willamette lowlands, and many of us locals resent the name.

The Pacific Northwest includes Idaho and Western Montana too. The borders are arbitrary. Go to Newport/Oldtown, WA/ID someday.
Humboldt County and Del Norte County California are part of Cascadia.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Humboldt County and Del Norte County California are part of Cascadia.
No, it is on the planet moonbat. HC is isolated from everywhere.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:25 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,260,263 times
Quote:
No, it is on the planet moonbat. HC is isolated from everywhere.
You are just bitter so if something does not fit your exact definition you will not agree.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
You are just bitter so if something does not fit your exact definition you will not agree.

I live in Western Washington. Where do you live? Ever been here? I doubt it. Go to Centralia or Sedro-Woolley or Longview and ask them about Cascadia. Cascadia is a hipster invention, limited to small pockets in Vancouver, Bellingham, Seattle, Olympia, Portland, Eugene, and the intrawebs. The natives hate it.

What's the map for? If you are trying to show the Cascade Range is adjacent to Humboldt County, CA, you fail. The Klamaths separate the two. The Klamaths being the tallest, most rugged section of the coast ranges. Check out Trinity Alps sometime, beautiful place.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Whatever, I do not want to argue with some high school kid.
I am a graduate of the Univ. of Washington. You do not have to slander me when you are proven to be ignorant about something.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:40 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,759,976 times
Quote:
As a fifth generation Washingtonian, I hate this Cascadia nonsense. This is Columbia, not Cascadia, and we will be divided unless Canada joins the greatest nation on the plant, the United States of America.

Most of these dummy Cascadia separatists are a bunch of Californians who relocated here after ruining that state. I wish they would move back.
"Californian" is a PNW four-letter word that encompasses people from other parts of the US.

Did you move from NYC? You're a Californian.
Texas? Californian.
Minnesota? Californian.

The Seattle are is one of the only places I've been in the US where people from other countries and cultures seem to be more welcome, on the whole, than people from other parts of the US.

Quote:
I live in Western Washington. Where do you live? Ever been here? I doubt it. Go to Centralia or Sedro-Woolley or Longview and ask them about Cascadia. Cascadia is a hipster invention, limited to small pockets in Vancouver, Bellingham, Seattle, Olympia, Portland, Eugene, and the intrawebs. The natives hate it.
It is, indeed, a hipster/hippie "invention," though basically no one takes it seriously, and by proxy, most of the natives just plain don't care about it one way or the other. "Hate" is a pretty strong way to term it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City