Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Dallas like an overgrown Oklahoma City?
Yes, it is just like Oklahoma City. 62 36.90%
No, it is nothing like that Oklahoma City 106 63.10%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 12:59 PM

20,502 posts, read 33,343,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post

DC people are more urban; Dallas people just think they are more progressive and urban. However, imo they aren't much different than Waco.
Wait what? Are you saying DC people are like Waco? Did you mean to put DC in there?

Quote:
They feel to same to me. They both have that Catholic meets Baptist thing going on. The architecture looks the same. They both have the refineries and you have that Cajun meets the South culture. What's interesting is that you think Baton Rouge resembles Mississippi.
I'm just surprised because I never heard the comparison much less see it in person looking at it from perspective. I may be wrong with Baton Rouge and Mississippi so I'll admit that. I just get a much different feel between the two cities.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:04 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,443,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I'm just surprised because I never heard the comparison much less see it in person looking at it from perspective. I may be wrong with Baton Rouge and Mississippi so I'll admit that. I just get a much different feel between the two cities.
I've seen it on the forum a couple of times.
Houston and Lafayette is a hard one for me to see unless it's strictly the new parts, but Lake Charles, Baton Rouge, and Jefferson Parish could easily be mistaken for Houston IMO.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:05 PM

965 posts, read 1,875,469 times
Quote:
Wait what? Are you saying DC people are like Waco? Did you mean to put DC in there?

No, I think he's saying that he thinks people in Dallas are similar to Waco in culture and attitude. It's the same region, it should be.

DC is way more urbane in personality and culture than Dallas is. It was a breath of fresh air moving up here.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:07 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,950,632 times
Honestly, I think Houston is a hard city to classify on what region it fits in best. (being the center of two regions- unlike any other city in USA)

It is the only city in the South that is apart of two mega regions, and it does have a lot of Louisiana like characteristics and Texan ones too. I think I have even made a thread about this once before.

There is nothing wrong, it might just give off a different feel to everyone. I see it having more in common with Corpus Christi than anything else, IMHO.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:51 PM

20,502 posts, read 33,343,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
No, I think he's saying that he thinks people in Dallas are similar to Waco in culture and attitude. It's the same region, it should be.

DC is way more urbane in personality and culture than Dallas is. It was a breath of fresh air moving up here.
Yeah I know that part. I was just thrown off by him putting DC in there. I also said that Dallas was like a bigger Waco but it's starting to sway from that a bit.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:16 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,735,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Happy not to be at the center of one of these debates for a change!
This thread was about OKC and Dallas, but everyone got off topic.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:11 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,063,887 times
Quote:

I was saying Dallas feel like Waco. The people in DC have a more urban mindset than Wacoans and Dallasities. So no I was not saying Waco and DC people are the same.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:26 PM

4,552 posts, read 14,982,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Abilene and Waco are about the same size.

I dont consider Abilene country either, smaller towns are country, like Plainview,TX or Luling,TX. I dont see how one can be country but live in a city.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:27 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,063,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
^Dude, that sounds so country..
I am country.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:14 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,396,699 times
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City