U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Van vs TJ?
Vancouver! 74 80.43%
Tijuanaa! 18 19.57%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 06:55 AM

10,180 posts, read 5,145,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalUrbanBalence View Post
Im always going to be content with my lifestyle picking Tijuana over Vancouver. I have no doubts. Im an illegal citizen in Mexico. I dont need citizenship here.

Funny, normally you hear about it the other way around. Illegal immigration in Mexico itself is unheard of to me.

Quote:

You are missing out on quite a bit! I think you should make it your full time location too, even if it may mean also being an illegal citizen here...

Definitely. Because you know, that's apparently where it's at, people risk getting deported and whatnot to live there. I'm so in!

I think people from Vancouver should migrate there as well, they'll find the weather more tame.

Quote:

Hm, so the poll says that 2 people voted for Tijuana, but S.D. Calif, Omshahi, and me all voted for Tijauna. I sense a conspiracy. One of us is lying for voting for Tijuana and they feel about it and I truly wonder who is.

I guess I shouldnt have gave it away that Im an illegal citizen in Mexico on city-data.

I wouldn't lie on the interwebz! Which means it's one of you two- obviously! I know who it is too!
Someone is going to get caught red handed- for multiple things if I might add regarding security too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 07:08 AM

4,857 posts, read 5,215,793 times
I know quite a few others who are like me and also illegally moved to Tijuana from the USA AND Canada as well.

Also, I know some Vancouverites in Tijuana that are pleased with their move here. However, most of them would agree that Vancover is one of their favorite cities in North America and the world and that Tijuana, Mexico is one of their favorite cities by far in the Tijuana, Mexico region but they love it. Just having those cactus things here was worth it to them. http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/med.../2e/cactus.jpg .

Wow! You want me to get caught for illegal immigration in Tijuana?Looks like my city-data moments are over once that happens. I could always just bring myself back in the USA instead of getting caught and arrested BUT I just love living in Tijuana so much that I dont want to give it up. This will be a difficult decision.=/

I also know who lied about how they feel about Tijuana, Mexico and not even voting for Tijuana even though that person said he did

Old 07-13-2010, 07:13 AM

7,534 posts, read 8,398,364 times
Would you rather live on the Upper East side of Manhattan or next to a refinery overlooking the New Jersey Turnpike?

Old 07-13-2010, 07:17 AM

4,857 posts, read 5,215,793 times
Well, I have been saying so many positive things about Tijuana and my experience with it, so I would rather live next to a refinery overlooking the New Jersey turnpike over the Upper East Side of Manhattan any day.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:50 PM

3,219 posts, read 3,128,413 times
Quote:
Im always going to be content with my lifestyle picking Tijuana over Vancouver. I have no doubts. Im an illegal citizen in Mexico. I dont need citizenship here.

You are missing out on quite a bit! I think you should make it your full time location too, even if it may mean also being an illegal citizen here...

Hm, so the poll says that 2 people voted for Tijuana, but S.D. Calif, Omshahi, and me all voted for Tijauna. I sense a conspiracy. One of us is lying for voting for Tijuana and how they feel about it and I truly wonder who is.

I guess I shouldnt have gave it away that Im an illegal citizen in Mexico on city-data.
Actually Mexico's immigration laws are strikingly similar to Arizona's, better get those papers

Activists blast Mexico's immigration law - USATODAY.com

Old 07-13-2010, 06:56 PM

637 posts, read 800,073 times
Way to completely destroy TJ. Just wait. In ten years or less it will be just as good if not better than Vancouver!...

Old 07-13-2010, 06:59 PM

2,297 posts, read 4,052,319 times
seriously, is there any competition? Vancouver for sure!

Old 07-13-2010, 07:08 PM

637 posts, read 800,073 times
lol. @ breeze823 Have you even been to Tijuana, just out of curiosity?

Old 07-13-2010, 07:25 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,517,602 times
TJ is f*ing gross. And that's why VC, BC wins.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:27 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,517,602 times
This thread should be titled "Would you rather get an HJ from Liz Taylor circa 1950 or stick a rusty heroin needle in your urethra (or va-jay jay)?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City