Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New York v California -State v State-
New York State 34 35.79%
California 61 64.21%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 10:34 PM

517 posts, read 1,318,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calisnuffy View Post
Pack your bags

The cops out here don't care if you have weed on you. Had a friend who got busted smoking and the cop just jacked his bag of weed from him and left lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 10:37 PM

893 posts, read 2,863,313 times
SoCal
New York
NorCal

In that order for me if I was to split up CA. I don't know why but I feel this strong urge to move to LA. It honestly seems perfect. But then again I haven't been to the city in a year and I live in Queens. But I love the auto-centric lifestyle of LA, and how everything seems to be so new over there.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:47 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth08 View Post
SoCal
New York
NorCal

In that order for me if I was to split up CA. I don't know why but I feel this strong urge to move to LA. It honestly seems perfect. But I love the auto-centric lifestyle of LA, and how everything seems to be so new over there.
agreed

Old 07-15-2010, 11:17 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times
I guess I am going to disagree with some of the other posters here. If I was going to move to California it would to be to NORTHERN California which I find far more attractive than Southern California.

Now the Southern California coast is very attractive, and I like LA and San Diego. If I had the $$$ I certainly would not mind living in the Santa Barbara area and points north near the coast. But these good points are drowned out to me by the vast unattractive arid and semi-arid desert which lies to the east of LA. There are some good parts (like Joshua Tree) but I much rather have green rolling forest lands or even nice farmland in my state.

Thus to me: NYS and NoCAL both > SoCal.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:22 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth08 View Post
SoCal
New York
NorCal

In that order for me if I was to split up CA. I don't know why but I feel this strong urge to move to LA. It honestly seems perfect. But then again I haven't been to the city in a year and I live in Queens. But I love the auto-centric lifestyle of LA, and how everything seems to be so new over there.
Me to man, me to. One day.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:17 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
kcee Those are amazing photos Is the second photo in the first group Mt Shasta?

Old 07-16-2010, 03:31 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee510 View Post
If you compared Northern California scenery to New York I am pretty positive Norcal would come out on top....by alot.

I actually completely forgot it even looks like that, reminds me more of Oregon.

You have made your point sir, and you are right.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:57 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
California for sure and SoCal tops the list.

Im not sure you can really top the climate/urbanity combo of SoCal anywhere in the US. The only city in the world that I think comes close is Sydney, Australia.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:11 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
cali always seems to run away with it in these polls

Old 07-16-2010, 12:11 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,456,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
That's true but the city of New York overwhelmingly votes Democratic and pulls the state into the blue category as well. Keep in mind that there are Republican areas in California also and not just farm areas [ie. Orange county].
The Northeast as a whole is generally democratic, but it's very balanced. The West Coast is often overwhelmingly granola eating hippies, and the South is often overwhelmingly pitchfork-wielding redneck conservatives wearing nothing under their overalls.

The Northeast tends to have a good balance with a stronger lean towards democrats.

Anyways, on subject: California is beautiful, but New York City alone makes New York more appealing to me than all of California and everything in it. Add in Long Island and it's nearly impossible to beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City