Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 07:14 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,021,956 times

Advertisements

I dont like cold winters either but I dont think Abq's winter is all that bad,I've seen worse. The days are nice and sunny and the nights are cold but I dont spend too much time out at night in the winter. When I get off work at 9 p.m. its cold but not cold enough to wear a heavy jacket, I get by all winter with just a hoodie.

I went to El Paso in Feb. and we were outside and the wind was blowing and I was shivering cause it felt so cold, anyways around 1 in the morning the wind was gone and the weather was very nice.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:33 PM

15 posts, read 53,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
That doesn't sound too good. Taking my situation specifically, to what extent would you say Hispanic women in the area are open to dating (white, in this case) non-Hispanic males? (I'm not exclusively interested in dating Hispanic women, incidentally. I just assume that's mostly who I will be meeting.) I realize there will always be indiviual differences, but what is the overall culture like?
most people dont have a problem dating other cultures from what i've experienced. i'm white and dated many hispanic women when i lived there.

either way, you can always go to country bars like The Stampede or wherever if you feel you find more luck with white women in the city.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:57 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I dont like cold winters either but I dont think Abq's winter is all that bad,I've seen worse.
Again for me it's too cold !! It depends on where people have been raised as to their experiences with Hot or Cold weather or for Humidity even as to having a positive or negative effect as again for me personally no more 18 to 22 degrees no matter what city or state. Again i knew people in Florida and my relatives in Georgia who would never live in the southwest as they couldn't take the dryness as i am the opposite as i never cared for the high humidity and sweating constantly. Anyway one persons treasure is another persons trash and viceversa as the sayiing goes.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:41 PM

195 posts, read 657,728 times
This is to username Observe:

I lived at the Citadel Apartments over on University & Indian School. I think that was either considered Northeast or Central. I worked at Ethicon Endo-Surgery for a 6-month Mechanical Engineering Co-Op/Internship. I know 6 months wasn't a long period of time but i still feel the way i feel about Burque.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:46 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,984,720 times
Albuquerque cold...?
hahah crazy talk..

You think its bad now.. in the early 90's albuquerque used to get tons and tons and tons of snow.. it even beat denver in 1992 for the most snow fall.

Now its nothing..

Old 07-18-2008, 03:42 AM

Albuquerque hot..?
Ha Ha crazy talk ...as my co workers yesterday were complaining of the heat at 89 degrees....lol....

In the early 90's i was enjoying the heat and Beaches of living in Florida and enjoying every minute of it . What's a jacket in Florida??

89 degrees with little humidity is nothing.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Albuquerque hot..?
Ha Ha crazy talk ...as my co workers yesterday were complaining of the heat at 89 degrees....lol....

In the early 90's i was enjoying the heat and Beaches of living in Florida and enjoying every minute of it . What's a jacket in Florida??

89 degrees with little humidity is nothing.

Albuquerque does get hot, but not like it used to last year the highest we got was 107 and the year before that it was worse..this year it has only hit 103 but it seems to be colder this year becuse up in northern new mexico they were still seeing snow on the first week of june, but what can i say i love bein up in the mid mountain range

And i went to florida last month and it took me 2 days to be hooked with that weather

Old 07-18-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
but it seems to be colder this year becuse up in northern new mexico they were still seeing snow on the first week of june,

but what can i say i love bein up in the mid mountain range

And i went to florida last month and it took me 2 days to be hooked with that weather
I remember the first week well as i was freezing that morning in early june (5th?) was not a happy camper that day .

I understand how you love the mountains up there as they are very nice .

Love that weather when i'm on the beautiful beaches there in Florida. However hate the humidity when not on the beaches .

Old 07-18-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I remember the first week well as i was freezing that morning in early june (5th?) was not a happy camper that day .

Love that weather when i'm on the beautiful beaches there in Florida. However hate the humidity when not on the beaches .

I know i was in espanola on the 7th i think and in that area they saw 2 inches of snow haha i was like wtf?

And i know i love the sandias especially the sangre de cristos "truchas peak"

And i loved the daytona beach ..ahhh i wish i could live there

Old 07-18-2008, 04:51 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,021,956 times
Quote:

Do you get cold if you have the air conditioner on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City