U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2009, 05:47 PM

799 posts, read 2,578,088 times

Advertisements

Here is a Metro area Population ESTIMATE web site.

Metropolitan Area Demographic Economic Characteristics and Change

Old 01-12-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc el paso View Post
Our sister city to the south will be building the first domed stadium of Latin America with sky boxes and all and would look something like this. Arena Indios - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nice.....But is it worth the RISK going over there if it's ever built.......Juarez=Murder Capital of the world, over 1,000 murders in 2008.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Nice, did you know that the main developer will be the Hunt Company?? which is an El Paso company and is also developing two major master planned communities in El Paso?

Hunt Communities - Land and Community Development

Hunt Companies | Real Estate Developer and Community Builder

There is another master planned community for the northeast with about 15,000 acres but will have to wait due to the credit crunch.
Hunt is helping develope the Arena project....NOT Mesa Del Sol.
As for planned communities Albuquerque has several, as a matter of fact I live in one, Ventana Ranch!

Old 01-12-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
According to this report the Greater El Paso area is projected to reach 1,003,000 by 2010 and it says, "With the
planned expansion of Fort Bliss, El Paso is now projected to outpace the growth of other major Texas metro areas such as Dallas, Houston and San Antonio." http://www.epwu.org/public_info/rfq_ne1006.pdf (broken link)[/SIZE]

Your link does'nt work. Give me a break out pace Dallas, Houston & San Antonio.Moderator cut: 1 sentence, see comment

Last edited by Bo; 01-12-2009 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Watch your tone. There is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,412 posts, read 32,206,573 times
I want to both compliment and criticize the members who've posted recently in this thread. You've mostly done a good job of following this part of the Terms of Service:

Quote:
If you disagree with something, say so, but explain WHY.
You're offering a lot of facts and explanation with your replies. I appreciate that, because usually discussions with this much bickering end up with a series of replies containing nothing but insults.

But you need to give more thought to whether your posting style follows this portion:

Quote:
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website.

Please continue this discussion without the insults. It could end up as that kind of discussion I mentioned before and those are a big mess. I don't want to have to clean up a big mess and you don't want your posting privileges to be swept away with my mod broom.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:08 AM

272 posts, read 947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observe View Post
Your link does'nt work. Give me a break out pace Dallas, Houston & San Antonio.Moderator cut: 1 sentence, see comment
I will have to fix it. You still have not answered my question pertaining El Paso-Las Cruces becoming one Metro Area and your assertion that it will never happen due to the citizens of Las Cruces not allowing because they will get short changed with federal monies?? Well that is totally incorrect because if that were to be the case than half of the metro areas in this country would not be able to include other states. Again, an MSA is just a designation given by the US Census Bureau for statistical purpose. So yes, El Paso-Las Cruces will become a designated metro area real soon and that alone is a larger metro area than Albuquerque by almost 100,000.

Last edited by usmc el paso; 01-13-2009 at 08:51 AM..

Old 01-13-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observe View Post
The US census has the Albuquerque Metro population listed at 853,775.......and El Paso Metro listed at 744,955. Those are official figures....from the US CENSUS..Enough said.....you can fantasize all you want.
Care to provide a link. This is the same agency that will be designating El Paso-Las Cruces as an MSA wich by the way has 100k more than Albuquerque.

Last edited by usmc el paso; 01-13-2009 at 08:32 AM..

Old 01-13-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Nice, did you know that the main developer will be the Hunt Company?? which is an El Paso company and is also developing two major master planned communities in El Paso?

Hunt Companies | Real Estate Developer and Community Builder

There is another master planned community for the northeast with about 15,000 acres but will have to wait due to the credit crunch.
There is also the master planned community by Verde Group in Santa Teresa that will cover 22,000 acres. Santa Teresa Master Plan Review - Newspaper Tree El Paso

Old 01-13-2009, 08:47 AM

The BRAC expansion of Ft Bliss and Biggs Field is creating a city the size of Santa Fe (70,000) east of Ft Bliss on thousands of acres with a price tag of a whopping $4.4 billion dollars!! The best part is that they are ahead of schedule!! You can see the New City rising in the desert east of Ft Bliss. http://www.elpasoinc.com/showArticle.asp?articleId=2716 (broken link)

Last edited by usmc el paso; 01-13-2009 at 08:56 AM..

Old 01-13-2009, 09:45 AM

21,019 posts, read 15,229,299 times
Quote:
I will have to fix it. You still have not answered my question pertaining El Paso-Las Cruces becoming one Metro Area and your assertion that it will never happen due to the citizens of Las Cruces not allowing because they will get short changed with federal monies?? Well that is totally incorrect because if that were to be the case than half of the metro areas in this country would not be able to include other states. Again, an MSA is just a designation given by the US Census Bureau for statistical purpose. So yes, El Paso-Las Cruces will become a designated metro area real soon and that alone is a larger metro area than Albuquerque by almost 100,000.
Considering that Las Cruces gets local TV and (some) radio programming from El Paso, I would bet that LC-El Paso is already considered as one area for someone's purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or