Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: San Diego vs Miami.
San Diego - Americas Finest City 142 60.94%
Miami - Gateway to the Americas 91 39.06%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 05:02 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times

Advertisements

^ Can you explain whats so great about that picture? How does that beat the world class beaches in Florida?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 05:28 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrsc View Post
Blah, Miami metro vs SoCal and TJ basically, it's all connected into a massive juggernaut.
Dont compare populations, Miami will get squashed.
Besides Florida beaches, actually.. water color and white sand is all, San Diego leaps over M.I.A.
I dont dislike Miami, I actually like it... for short periods of time (vacation)
But if I had to choose one, SD all the way.

Go to hell southbeach, Pacific Beach is just fine..
I like those houses on the hills in the back, and those apartments(I think) near the pier. But outside of those awesome mountains in the back, Miami Beach would murder Pacific Beach.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:58 PM

787 posts, read 1,942,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I like those houses on the hills in the back, and those apartments(I think) near the pier. But outside of those awesome mountains in the back, Miami Beach would murder Pacific Beach.

I think he was kidding given his comments about SD morphing into TJ (Tiajuana).

That said, the most prime San Diego beach community is La Jolla (still within SD city limits). La Jolla = the jewel....no hyperbole here.

I like Miami/Miami Beach a lot. But La Jolla gives any coastal spot in So.Fla. a major run for the money. A truly remarkable piece of coastline and a very pleasant townscape too.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:01 PM

787 posts, read 1,942,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D. Calif View Post
San Diego vs Miami. Only the city proper. No metropolitan areas and their satellite cities, i.e. Miami Beach & La Jolla. Criteria are as follows

- nightlife
- waterfront
- famous landmarks
- things to do
- cuisine
- culture
- global influence
- beaches
- surf
- shopping
La Jolla is WITHIN the CITY LIMITS of San Diego.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:00 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,538,899 times
relax - SD
party - Miami

both have the same level of sand

Old 07-19-2010, 07:10 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,174,412 times
San diego has a pretty awesome party scene too

Old 07-19-2010, 07:30 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
San diego has a pretty awesome party scene too
Im sure its pretty good but not much in the world compares to Miami.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,761,471 times
I never understood why people liked the whole party scene thing. If you want a bunch of hot headed tools with overconfidence falling out of their ass and stuck up ******* with nothing more to talk about on a daily basis besides drama between their friends and partyingthen MIA is prob heaven to you. So basically I'm saying if your simple minded stereotypical youth between 18 and 25 then sure go to Miami and hang out with all the other neanderthals there.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:17 PM

648 posts, read 1,618,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelers247 View Post
I never understood why people liked the whole party scene thing. If you want a bunch of hot headed tools with overconfidence falling out of their ass and stuck up ******* with nothing more to talk about on a daily basis besides drama between their friends and partyingthen MIA is prob heaven to you. So basically I'm saying if your simple minded stereotypical youth between 18 and 25 then sure go to Miami and hang out with all the other neanderthals there.
You mustve had a boring college social life. What is so great about the boring, unctuous book nerds many of you here seem to love so much?

Old 07-19-2010, 09:21 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelers247 View Post
Everyone is different. Some people like world class nigh life and world famous night clubs. Others dont. I dont love it, I cant do South Beach more then once every month or so but its fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City