Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 06:17 PM

198 posts, read 653,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Link your almanac than because I assure you it is inaccurate. If its going to say there are 7 airports in LA than there would be at least 4 in Orlando.
Yea right, then get banned?
I'll just list the airports..

Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

LA/Ontario International Airport

Bob Hope Airport (formerly Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport)

John Wayne Airport (Santa Ana)

Long Beach Airport

LA/Palmdale Regional Airport

Palm Springs International Airport
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 06:21 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,383,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
I never attacked a person for being wrong especially about an opinion. Clearly I am more childish than you.
Sorry EndersDrift if I offended you. It just seemed that you were digging yourself into a deeper hole and I wanted to correct your mistakes. I meant no harm but when I went back and looked thru some of your other posts unrelated to this one I got the feeling that you seem to dislike California. I know how attitudes can obscure logic since I do the same thing occasionally and why I stay clear of certain forums [ie politics].

I have had the pleasure of visiting Florida more than any other state and have been in Orlando, Tampa and especially Miami. So I have an idea how these cities compare to California cities. Orlando sort of reminds me of several California cities but because it is not a coastal city it is visually harder to see resemblances to California unlike Tampa or Miami. Someone mentioned Anaheim due to the Disneyland connection but I think Orlando is a combination of places in California that actually includes Riverside and a few Orange county cities.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:24 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,055,922 times
... None of your links even work and you won't be banned as far as I know for posting a source unless your source is a competing website which wouldn't be an almanac at all.

However, many of those airports are not in the LA city limits which I am fine with but then realize Orlando has more airports than 2 as I said.

MCO: Orlando International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Orlando Executive: Orlando Executive Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sanford International: Orlando Sanford International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Orlando-Apopka: Orlando Apopka Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kissimmee Gateway: Kissimmee Gateway Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-25-2010, 06:27 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Excuse me! I gave numerous examples in case you didn't read them but most were in response to your fellow Floridian's lame comparisons. The reason I eventually came to the conclusion that he wasn't using logic but instead had some agenda was due to his insistence. One can't argue with children who prefer to see things their way. All I ask is that a person at least do some research if they aren't sure. Enders obviously didn't do his homework.
I don't understand why you call his comparisons lame??? See, your argument tactics are insulting, where as he's just insisting. Neither will win this argument but hey I think what really get's you mad is people comparing Florida to California.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
I don't understand why you call his comparisons lame??? See, your argument tactics are insulting, where as he's just insisting. Neither will win this argument but hey I think what really get's you mad is people comparing Florida to California.
You are entirely incorrect and I think you haven't read my comments if you think I don't like Florida compared to California. So lets drop this silly discourse with the agreement that when a poster makes blatant misstatements [USC in San Diego, San Diego's climate, LA not being on the ocean, etc] that we make an effort to correct it. If I said Miami's climate was like Palm Springs or Phoenix I would expect you and other Floridians to set me straight, right?

Old 07-25-2010, 06:45 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,925,927 times
The problem with VA Beach, and SC beaches, and GA beaches, NJ beaches, OR ANY beach North of Jacksonville, are, outside of the TOURIST areas on those beaches, the environment and the architecture in those cities resemble there region. Outside of the Beach VA Beach looks like the coastal piedmont, outside of the beach, NJ looks like NJ(Northeastern vibe), coastal SC outside of the beach looks like the lower piedmont, GA looks like the lower coastal piedmont. None of them look like Miami outside of the beach areas. Different architecture, life-style, people, etc.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:46 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,055,922 times
Quote:
You are entirely incorrect and I think you haven't read my comments if you think I don't like Florida compared to California. So lets drop this silly discourse with the agreement that when a poster makes blatant misstatements [USC in San Diego, San Diego's climate, LA not being on the ocean, etc] that we make an effort to correct it. If I said Miami's climate was like Palm Springs or Phoenix I would expect you and other Floridians to set me straight, right?
LA not being on the Ocean is accurate in two different ways:
A) People are seperating Anaheim from LA to argue Anaheim being closer to Orlando because both supposedly have Disney (which I might add is largely NOT in Orlando) so LA should then be seperated from the beach which to my knowledge is not at all city limits sans LAX
B) My primary reason was the downtown core of LA is centrally located unlike Miami which spans the coast line

Personally I am fine with Anaheim, LA, and the Coast all being one area. Much like the airports if you take one as an area you must take all as an area otherwise comparisons don't work. My reason in stating LA is not Coastal was meant to imply the CBD. I didn't clarify because I was never asked to, I was instead attacked.

But here let me instead ask you something since you are so wise:

What are the primary industries of LA, what are the primary industries of Miami, what are the primary industries of Orlando, and what are the primary industries of San Diego?

Old 07-25-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
The problem with VA Beach, and SC beaches, and GA beaches, NJ beaches, OR ANY beach North of Jacksonville, are, outside of the TOURIST areas on those beaches, the environment and the architecture in those cities resemble there region. Outside of the Beach VA Beach looks like the coastal piedmont, outside of the beach, NJ looks like NJ(Northeastern vibe), coastal SC outside of the beach looks like the lower piedmont, GA looks like the lower coastal piedmont. None of them look like Miami outside of the beach areas. Different architecture, life-style, people, etc.
But aren't there offshore outer banks all along the East coast and Gulf coast? With wetlands\ swamps between the mainland and ocean?

Old 07-25-2010, 06:51 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,925,927 times
Quote:
I know that Atlantic City has a beach scene since I loved watching "Jersey Shore." That reminded me of Miami. What I know of NYC it seems that the beach scene isn't quite like Atlantic City [ie Coney Island] unless you go out to Rockaway Beach which I believe is in Queens. Are there clubs and restaurants right near the beach in NYC or Boston? How about Baltimore? My sense is that Virginia Beach and Charleston are mini-Miami's with some beach hotels and clubs.

But LA doesn't have the kind of restaurant\ club scene right on the beach the way South Beach does.
Not even Santa Monica?

Old 07-25-2010, 06:55 PM

198 posts, read 653,751 times
Nobody gets mad comparing the two, especially when its a carribean state with so much tourism.
Orlando has 2 Intl. airports, but 4 of the 5 are primarely for private and county use.
Besides, LAX alone is just bananas.

Now if anything, Orlando being a better comparison than Miami is offensive.
Miami/Fort Lauderdale are what I think of when Florida is brought up.
Tampa is another beautiful beach city, Orlando is just there..
Walt Disney makes Orlando attractive, probably the only reason it is so well known.
The differences in those places are like Vegas>Reno or Phoenix>Tucson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City