Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:05 AM

22,379 posts, read 38,665,395 times

Advertisements

I am curious as to your thoughts on why you have visitied or would want to visit the following cities.

This could be anything from business to a vacation but please list the reason why you have visitied or would like to visit these cities.

I will start with these:

NYC
LA
Chicago
Dallas
Philadelphia
Houston
DC
San Francisco
Boston
Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 08:19 AM

10,138 posts, read 15,928,719 times
NYC- People say it's the best city in the world, that's reason enough to visit. But seriously, they speak my language, skyscrapers everywhere, even though the architecture style does not reflect what I like about it, it's got the works. It's worth visiting a few times.

LA- I am loving this city, the city has a little bit for everyone. Great weather, great everything really.

Chicago- I live here, this city has everything you could want, I actually do like the weather here, and it's a great city in the sense that it's got my style of infrastructure. Michigan Avenue, McKinley Street, great food.

Dallas- I was just there two days ago, nice business city, I personally liked the food, the city has great clubs, and it's got a great neighboring city.

Philadelphia- Liberty Bell, where the our country started, history, great food, a lot of great architecture.

Houston- I also live here too, Kemah Boardwalk, Galveston historical buildings, Galveston in general, The Woodlands, Richmond Avenue , tunnels of downtown, Rice Village (my favorite spot), nice food options.

DC- Finally a city that does not try to have a skyline and establish how unique it can be, the monuments, museums, the white house, the history, a lot going on here.

San Francisco- the natural scenery plus urban architecture is great, the city is vibrant, my cousin lives in the Bay Area, it's a great atmosphere, go up a hill look down on city from the hill.

Atlanta- I haven't been in my adult life... don't remember much from childhood visit, I am curious to visit. From what I have seen, looks like a nice city, very pretty, and I think I'll get along with it perfectly well.

Boston-

I have been to all the cities above besides Atlanta (officially- childhood and not remembering doesn't count). I need to revisit/visit Atlanta, see what all the hype is about.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:27 AM

8,938 posts, read 17,157,761 times
Chicago - I have some friends that live there. I visit often. Chicago is a nice place, I enjoy my visits; but there are a lot of other places I would rather visit.

Boston - been there on business. I love Boston. Wish it was closer so I could visit more often. If I were ever to relocate, Boston would be near the top of my list.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:57 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,675,773 times
NYC- work, friends, sight seeing
Chicago- sight seeing
San Francisco- A city I've always wanted to spend extensive time in.
Philadelphia- visit friends, check out a new city. eat great food
DC- work, visit friends, see the sights
Boston- work, friends, The north end!
Atlanta- work

Old 07-26-2010, 09:17 AM

8,465 posts, read 14,896,767 times
NYC - visit family
LA - visit inlaws
Chicago - visit friends
Dallas - visit friends
Philadelphia - visit family
Houston - visit family
DC - visit friends
San Francisco - visit inlaws
Boston - visit family
Atlanta - visit...oh wait, already here

Old 07-26-2010, 09:33 AM

1,766 posts, read 3,587,056 times
NYC- Well it's the biggest city in the country, which is really reason enough. There are a lot of things to see from buildings to monuments. They also have the best restaurants, theaters, and basically the best everything.

LA- It's a part of the country that is completly different from everything else. Southern California as a whole is probably the most beautiful part of the country in my opinion. It's also where all the movie studios are located making it an interesting place to visit.

Chicago- Well personally it is my favorite city in the country. After New York I feel like Chicago has the best downtown of any city in the country. They have a ton of sights to see and a great waterfront.

Dallas- I wouldn't.

Philadelphia- I have family that lives there.

Houston- I wouldn't.

D.C.- It's the capitol, so enough said.

San Francisco- The Bay area just looks like a really interesting and completly different place. It's the most liberal city in the country, so that would be a plus. I also heard they have the best Chinatown.

Boston- I have to much hate of their sports teams to like Boston. The Patriots and the Celtics both suck! I don't have anything against the Red Sox, but I don't particularly like them. Plus I have never really seen anything too interesting about Boston.

Atlanta- I wouldn't.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:47 AM

996 posts, read 1,887,528 times
NYC : Friends, Manhattan, SI, my family that didn't move to NC yet
LA : Sightseeing mainly, and Hollywood...
Chicago : eh..Sightseeing
Dallas : TEXAS
Philadelphia : Everything, one of the BEST cities EVER.
Houston : See Dallas
DC : The usual tourist spots
San Francisco : Haha...NO
Boston : Fenway Park...wearing a Yankee Cap and a Yanks jersey
Atlanta : Sightseeing mostly.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:21 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,583,506 times
I would visit any city at least once. There are places I have been that Im not dying to go back to (like Pyongyang, North Korea, Moscow, Russia, and Almaty, Kazakhstan), but I would visit any place.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:41 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,027,640 times
NYC - Family, friends, architecture, museums. If I were to go back it would mostly be to visit friends and hit the museums again. Also China Town Fair. I'd also consider working here, I have a potential job offer here right now in fact.

LA - Have only been for a few days as a conference before going overseas in the West direction. If I went back it would be to visit my cousin and see a bit more of LA and just to know more about it though I don't think I'd appreciate it all that much

Chicago - Architecture. If I went back it would be for architecture and to live. I loved it.

Dallas - Would just be a city to see because I don't turn down new opportunities. Certainly wouldn't mind visiting this one.

Philadelphia - Closest I've been was when I was very little and I'd go back in the same capacity as Dallas. Just to see. If I liked it I would consider moving there but I think I'd rather Pittsburgh between the two.

Houston - Just another city but I have very little interest in visiting or going here any more than as a tourist and I don't usually travel as a tourist.

DC - AMERICA! I went in the capacity of paying respect to those before me. I got drunk and wandered around the Smithsonian and had a picnic in the yard. If I went back it would be for work - I currently have a potential job offer in DC

San Francisco - Of anywhere in Cali this looks the most interesting to me but my only experience with someone from San Francisco was that of a very pompous know it all and I imagine that is how many of the San Francisco people are. Not all, but many. Still wouldn't mind visiting because it does look beautiful there.

Boston - I'd go for work if I found something I think Boston looks like a great city.

Atlanta - Love the city, have friends there, nicer climate than Orlando and more to do while still being somewhat close to "home". If I could find a job here I'd certainly take it.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:11 AM

235 posts, read 341,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
NYC- Well it's the biggest city in the country, which is really reason enough. There are a lot of things to see from buildings to monuments. They also have the best restaurants, theaters, and basically the best everything.

LA- It's a part of the country that is completly different from everything else. Southern California as a whole is probably the most beautiful part of the country in my opinion. It's also where all the movie studios are located making it an interesting place to visit.

Chicago- Well personally it is my favorite city in the country. After New York I feel like Chicago has the best downtown of any city in the country. They have a ton of sights to see and a great waterfront.

Dallas- I wouldn't.

Philadelphia- I have family that lives there.

Houston- I wouldn't.

D.C.- It's the capitol, so enough said.

San Francisco- The Bay area just looks like a really interesting and completly different place. It's the most liberal city in the country, so that would be a plus. I also heard they have the best Chinatown.

Boston- I have to much hate of their sports teams to like Boston. The Patriots and the Celtics both suck! I don't have anything against the Red Sox, but I don't particularly like them. Plus I have never really seen anything too interesting about Boston.

Atlanta- I wouldn't.
You've obviously never been. It doesn't look like it does on TV buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City