U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Best Winter Weather?
Atlanta 18 40.91%
Dallas 5 11.36%
Houston 21 47.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 04:20 PM

5,531 posts, read 5,967,721 times

Advertisements

Man up fellas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 04:20 PM

5,098 posts, read 4,597,677 times
this thread has me wanting winter to hurry and come back so bad

Old 08-03-2010, 04:22 PM

3,269 posts, read 5,360,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
this thread has me wanting winter to hurry and come back so bad
I can't wait until winter, hopefully it snows again.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 PM

4,417 posts, read 5,040,017 times
Some of those Dallas snow pictures are beautiful. Lol, but 15 inches is a "Snowpocalypse"?

I think am going to go with Atlanta with this one. There are mountains to the North of Atlanta and for a list of ski resorts in the Southeast check out SkiSoutheast.com

Old 08-03-2010, 10:21 PM

7,822 posts, read 9,525,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Most people here in NY right now are so tired of the summer weather. I can't tell you how many people I hear while I'm out talking about wanting snow and looking forward to the winter. Many people in NY love the snow.
It's mostly the people who hate Summer that are wishing for Winter, it's only mid-Summer lol. Our average high this July was about 95 degrees which is certainly above average, we had more 90's than 80's, I think there may have been the same number of 100's as there were 80's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
The lowest temp we had in Dallas this winter was 13 degrees.
Wow that's colder than here (negligible though).

Old 08-03-2010, 10:29 PM

2,413 posts, read 4,074,708 times
Dallas has sharper changes in weather than Houston or Atlanta. That is the difference. This is because of proximity to the plains. Blows in quick and blows out quick. Nothing hangs around for long.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:45 AM

5,098 posts, read 4,597,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Some of those Dallas snow pictures are beautiful. Lol, but 15 inches is a "Snowpocalypse"?
for texas? YES

Old 08-04-2010, 10:20 AM

7,413 posts, read 3,373,546 times
Great photos of something that I have sadly never experienced except in the mountains. To wake-up to a winter scene like Dallas had last winter would be a dream!

Old 08-04-2010, 10:27 AM

10,180 posts, read 4,966,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Most people here in NY right now are so tired of the summer weather. I can't tell you how many people I hear while I'm out talking about wanting snow and looking forward to the winter. Many people in NY love the snow.
I hope you realized I was talking about winter in Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Great photos of something that I have sadly never experienced except in the mountains. To wake-up to a winter scene like Dallas had last winter would be a dream!
Flagstaff & Aspen are great places to see in the winter. You should check them out sometime. I take my snowboard with me each time I go to either of them in the Winter.

In my opinion, no other winter setting comes close to those two places. Chicago is great around Christmas time, but the day after Christmas you will start to feel like snow is more of a burden than a gift, especially when your holiday mood is gone. Some people like it until the day after New Years, then it is just totally a burden.

I would assume same for people of Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto and other places where it snows a lot.

But yeah, check out Aspen. I have a feeling you've seen Flagstaff already, but it's really beautiful especially when you go skiing or snowboarding at the San Francisco Peaks there.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:49 AM

7,413 posts, read 3,373,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
I hope you realized I was talking about winter in Texas.

Flagstaff & Aspen are great places to see in the winter. You should check them out sometime. I take my snowboard with me each time I go to either of them in the Winter.

In my opinion, no other winter setting comes close to those two places. Chicago is great around Christmas time, but the day after Christmas you will start to feel like snow is more of a burden than a gift, especially when your holiday mood is gone. Some people like it until the day after New Years, then it is just totally a burden.

I would assume same for people of Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto and other places where it snows a lot.

But yeah, check out Aspen. I have a feeling you've seen Flagstaff already, but it's really beautiful especially when you go skiing or snowboarding at the San Francisco Peaks there.
I've been to Flagstaff but only during summer. The first time I actually saw it snowing was when I was in Lake Arrowhead a few years ago. According to weather records it actually snowed in Los Angeles in 1949. Does anyone know if it snows every winter in Dallas? Does it snow in Houston once in a while?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City