Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 05:15 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,826,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Lets not get out of hand here. Phipps and Lenox together are generally the size of Houston Galleria. Streets of Buckhead isnt even built yet. If you go to Perimeter Mall its stores can be found right down the road at Lenox as well. Its a nice alternative to those north siders who dont want to deal with the crowds at Lenox. Galleria in Houston is pretty big and is much more than just the mall. That entire area of Houston is full of stores. I agree with everything that has been said about the Miami area, it is all very true. However Atlanta is certainly not developing more "city type" shopping than Houston or Dallas. I think these are generalizations and blank statements being made. Also anyone who has lived in or visited Atlanta knows these groups of very attractive people walking the streets of Atlanta shopping is simply an exaggerated statement.

Again, I think Houston and Atlanta are comparable in shopping scenes with the upscale edge going to Houston. Atlanta is not on par with Dallas. Anyone who has spent time in all four will agree with.

1) Miami
2) Dallas
then
3) Houston (edge over Atlanta for upscale offerings)
4) Atlanta (edge over Houston for amount of retail available to the metro area)

None of them really have a street shoppers experience Like the Northern Cities. They all are making an effort to do so but none can really brag..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 05:18 PM

4,419 posts, read 6,233,438 times
[quote=MikeandIke27;15808046]
Quote:

But its still not Comfirmed..You said its been Confirmed..
In the article the author states he called H&M and they confirmed to be coming to Dallas and issuing a formal statement very soon. Did you read it?
Do you not want H&M to come to Dallas?

Old 09-08-2010, 05:22 PM

[quote=R1070;15808264]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post

In the article the author states he called H&M and they confirmed to be coming to Dallas and issuing a formal statement very soon. Did you read it?
Do you not want H&M to come to Dallas?
I also read this
However, an H&M real estate manager also told the Dallas Observer's Unfair Park that an announcement about a Dallas location could come as early as next week. But the company's PR people wouldn't confirm the report.

Ill be happy for Dallas to get a store so They can stop begging marketing Directors for one

Old 09-08-2010, 05:37 PM

4,419 posts, read 6,233,438 times
[quote=MikeandIke27;15808311]
Quote:

I also read this
However, an H&M real estate manager also told the Dallas Observer's Unfair Park that an announcement about a Dallas location could come as early as next week. But the company's PR people wouldn't confirm the report.

Ill be happy for Dallas to get a store so They can stop begging marketing Directors for one
Well it was verbally confirmed. And yes PR isnt going to release any information until the formal press release.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:54 PM

[quote=R1070;15808487]
Quote:

Well it was verbally confirmed. And yes PR isnt going to release any information until the formal press release.

Ill believe it when I see it Im just being difficult.. I know right now there just waiting on the perfect real estate move. H&M signs Long term leases when they open up stores some where from 15 to 20 years. But they dont just throw them anywhere. They have been looking in the Dallas market for about 4 years now. More than likely it will be galleria or Northpark..

Last edited by MikeandIke27; 09-08-2010 at 07:21 PM..

Old 09-08-2010, 06:33 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,222,458 times
For Each City, my favorites are (and in order in which I feel whcih cities are the best):

1) Miami: Aventura & Sawgrass Mills. I've never been to Dadeland or Bal Harbour, but it only adds to the experience.
2) Dallas: Northpark & the Galleria
3) Atlanta: Perimeter, Lenox Square, Mall of Georgia
4) Houston: Galleria & Memorial City

No, Streets of Buckhead should NOT be included, since it's essentially still a hole-in-the-ground for the time being. While I like Lenox, I generally avoid it on the weekends due to the sheer amount of crowds. Perimeter is a lot more tolerable and calmer in comparison. While Atlanta is known for being a shopping destination for the Southeast, but Dallas has practically elevated shopping to a sport and art form. Miami and South Florida in general pretty much outdo the other three in my opinion.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:47 PM

341 posts, read 757,954 times
Quote:
Because there not apart of the thread. Orlando has way more Stores and Dept stores than Charlotte Both of them have the Smallest Niemans in the Chain. Charlotte market isnt based of Tourism Like Orlandos is.. Thats really The Difference.. And Houston beats Atlanta when it comes to Upscale offerings, Atlanta is catching up but its still dead last.. Streets Of Buckhead is not even open nor have they resumed work on it. The project isnt dead, I wouldnt boast about it just yet.. Bloomies at perimeter is Dieing out I went there the other day and was shicked at how much the men section went down. But best Malls would go to

Miami
Dallas
Atlanta
Houston
How does it have way more department stores? Charlotte has Belk, Dillard's, Macy's, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus for upscale offerings. Orlando has Dillard's, Macy's, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's and Saks Fifth Avenue. That's only one more. That's what I was trying to point out that Charlotte doesn't have as much tourism as Orlando but they're about the same size. Both cities seem to have the same amount of upscale retail as well.
Even if Perimeter loses Bloomies, it's still better than Memorial City, simply because it has Nordstrom. Hermes is already open at Streets of Buckhead. I'm sure that it will be built because of all the luxury stores opening now. Phipps is also supposed to get 9 new luxury stores and a larger, 2 level Barney's New York.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
How does it have way more department stores? Charlotte has Belk, Dillard's, Macy's, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus for upscale offerings. Orlando has Dillard's, Macy's, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's and Saks Fifth Avenue. That's only one more. That's what I was trying to point out that Charlotte doesn't have as much tourism as Orlando but they're about the same size. Both cities seem to have the same amount of upscale retail as well.
Even if Perimeter loses Bloomies, it's still better than Memorial City, simply because it has Nordstrom. Hermes is already open at Streets of Buckhead. I'm sure that it will be built because of all the luxury stores opening now. Phipps is also supposed to get 9 new luxury stores and a larger, 2 level Barney's New York.
Hermes is in a temporary location that's not even near streets of buckhead.. The 2 level barneys is canceled and there aren't 9 new retailers coming to phipps mall they have only added Vince.. Orlando offers more than Charlotte..

me name all the stores Charlotte is missing that Orlando has..

Dept stores
Bloomingdales
Saks

upscale and trendy stores
2 zaras
H&M
vilebrequin
AG jeans
Salvator ferragamo
Cartier
gucci
chanel
Dior
Charles David
David Yurman
Jimmy choo

Charlotte
has Ralph Lauren
7 for all mankind
Hermes
those are the only stores Charlotte has that Orlando doesn't..

Old 09-08-2010, 11:31 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,767,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
best mall or malls?

I would go with the Houston Galleria, it is the largest from those listed cities. And when it was built only 2 malls in the US were bigger

It also has the most stores. And all the stores I may need. It may not have a barneys, but I don't do the Barneys, Nordstroms, etc anyway.

Give me middle of the line stores any day, and the Galleria has that and more.
You might wanna do some serious research before you say things like that. I would chose Aventura Mall in Miami
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

Old 08-06-2011, 12:28 PM

82 posts, read 166,583 times
Default Atlanta vs Miami

Ive notice many articles and forums about Atlanta and other cities but
rarely about Atlanta vs Miami. Is it because Miami has beat out Atlanta
on many fronts. Atlnta has consistantly bragged that's it's the biggest city
in the south. How could this be? If Houston is in the South then Atlanta is
only 1/5 the size of Houston. In the Southeast Atlanta is only half the size of Jacksonville and has fallen way behind Charlotte and Nashville in city population. As for metropolitan stats Miami comes in number one. Miami also beat Atlanta out as having the most skyscrapers , more tourists, more malls, more international banks, even more jobs in it's metro area. Then there is nothing in Atlanta that compares to south beach and all
it's hot restaurants , bars, clubs and babes. Miami has tropical weather
where as Atlanta weather is more like Kentucky or Virginia than south Florida. Metro Miami is also larger than Atlanta. 5.5 milion vs Atlanta's 5.2 million.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City