Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 09:03 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondee View Post
I agree with the list except its order . L.A. or Chicago should have tied with N.Y.C. , D.C. should be moved up on the list, Seattle should be @ #10.
I agree that Seattle should be number 10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 09:06 PM

648 posts, read 1,618,468 times
Miami-Dade number one.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:41 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,058,038 times
yeah I gotta say I think the top should have been:
Miami
NYC
Las Vegas

I have never been any place more laid back than Miami. NYC has a lot of cool points but it also has a lot of high strung, overworked points as do many of the cities listed. As you see by the economy of Miami, work is simply not a priority.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:59 AM

571 posts, read 1,173,503 times
Naw, Seattle's just where it should be at #3.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:21 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,303,947 times
I'd consider living in any of them, except 1b, 6 and 9.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:04 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
So it's very clear that quite a few of you believe Orlando shouldn't have made the list. I could honestly care less about how most places, people, and lists rank my city but hey, I'll take this one, who wouldn't?

If you really disagree with the inclusion of Orlando, I've provided you with a place to express your irrational thinking/opinions:

Forbes Magazine Group
60 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10011-8868
(646) 336-9771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Las Vegas and Orlando are the antithesis of "cool".
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Nice list, I would eliminate numbers 6-8 though
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
I wouldn't. 7 and 8 are both true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neotextist View Post
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
I'd consider living in any of them, except 1b, 6 and 9.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 6 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,917,464 times
Yay Seattle is third and New York City is 1st!

I agree with New York City, Seattle, San Francisco/Bay area, and Chicago area being very cool places and some of the coolest places/metros in America.

I would have New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago all tied for 1st place and being given equal praise for each. They are all equally my favorite cities in the USA! Im originally from New York City and now live in Seattle.

I also agree Washington D.C. deserves to be on the list. Maybe Los Angeles and San Diego should be on the list too. Im not sure about Miami.

However, I highly disagree with Las Vegas and Orlando. I think they are some of the lamest cities/metros in the USA. To have Las Vegas tied for 1st out of all things makes it hard for me to even respect that list, and a lot would agree.

Las Vegas+Orlando= A Super Tacky Utopia.

But dont forget, cool and lame people can be found anywhere!

I have some cool friends that live in rural Ohio and Pennsylvania for one example.

Yay Seattle is third and New York City is 1st!

I agree with New York City, Seattle, San Francisco/Bay area, and Chicago area being very cool places and some of the coolest places/metros in America.

I would have New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, and Chicago all tied for 1st place and being given equal praise for each. They are all equally my favorite cities in the USA! Im originally from New York City and now live in Seattle.

I also agree Washington D.C. deserves to be on the list. Maybe Los Angeles and San Diego should be on the list too. Im not sure about Miami.

However, I highly disagree with Las Vegas and Orlando. I think they are some of the lamest cities/metros in the USA. To have Las Vegas tied for 1st out of all things makes it hard for me to even respect that list, and a lot would agree.

But dont forget, cool and lame people can be found anywhere!

I have some cool friends that live in rural Ohio and Pennsylvania for one example.

Seattle
Metropolitan Statistical Area: Seattle, WA, CA
Number of Restaurants, Bars and Clubs (Rank): 6,278 (13)
Number of Museums, Theaters, Stadiums and Arenas (Rank): 192 (11)
Number of Galleries and Concert Venues (Rank): 341 (13)

Wow. I didnt know Seattle had that many restaurants, bars, clubs, museums, theatres, galleries, concert venues!?

Last edited by ; 08-06-2010 at 11:28 AM..

Old 08-06-2010, 11:27 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalUrbanBalence View Post
I highly doubt you've been to Orlando if you think that? Prove me wrong, give me some example's. Plus before you rag on Vegas, keep in mind the architectural centerpiece you each share in your skyline:

http://www.seattle.net/media/space_needle.JPG (broken link)http://www.seattle.net/media/space_needle.JPG (broken link)http://www.stevecapps.com/family/Ass...20P9120129.jpg

Old 08-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 6 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,917,464 times
To Orflausa:

I have been to Orlando. The theme parks are nice but I find Orlando lame. I also find Las Vegas lame based on what I know about it, sorry.
Dont take it personally.

LMAO! What is the point of those pictures?
That just proves to me Las Vegas is tacky for trying to copy the Space needle, and at a horrible attempt at it.

I gave you a +1 rep point for proving my point.

Also, thats not a good picture of the space needle in Seattle. The space needle looks best from Kerry park and some other spots.

Also Seattle has other nice architecture than just the Space Needle.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:42 AM

244 posts, read 568,057 times
ewwwww, how is that barren wasteland Las Vegas tied with New York?

But it's a pretty legit survey since it was performed by Harris Interactive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City