U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 09:14 AM

2,705 posts, read 7,100,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLiberal85 View Post
Best Colleges - Education - US News and World Report

Actually, UGA is higher ranked than Rutgers, as is Georgia Tech and Emory is regarded as a very good school as well.

Now Rutgers is a good school, don't get me wrong, but your statement is just not correct.

You guys still have Princeton though
I'm surprised that UGA and GT are ranked higher than Rutgers by US News. I believe they are on the same tier though.

I agree with Bergen County Johnny though, that Rutgers tends to be more known in academic circles nationwide and even worldwide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 09:15 AM

364 posts, read 614,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
If Rutgers were to enter the SEC, the only team they would be competitive with would be Vanderbilt, or possibly Mississippi State. If either one of those two schools maintained their recruiting classes and moved to the Big East, they would be vying with West Virginia, Pittsburgh, etc for perennial surpremacy.
Back to the NJ vs Georgia discussion!

Man there are some high school teams in the south that would give Rutgers a run for their money, seriously. I think some teams like Lowndes County High in south GA, Red Bank High in Tenn., Parkview High in suburban Atlanta, NW Dade High in Miami, and Midland High in Texas would give Rutgers all they could handle. Someone tell those Jersey boys to stick to basketball, these boys in the south are too fast and hit way too hard for them....lol.

Last edited by Zone2flyboy; 08-12-2010 at 09:37 AM..

Old 08-12-2010, 09:18 AM

3,093 posts, read 3,988,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Ummm, you realize that based on the stats that you posted, 9 Million, of Georgia's 9.5 Million, are either black or white? That's pretty black and white, LOL!! About as black and white (and non-diverse) as you can get, actually!
I find it hilarious that these northerners always try to talk about how non-diverse and "black and white" the south is. But they never say anything about those lily-white new england states.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
Man there are some high school teams in the south that would give Rutgers a run for their money, seriously. I think some teams like Lowndes County High in south GA, Red Bank High in Tenn., Parkview High in suburban Atlanta, NW Dade High in Miami, and Midland High in Texas would give Rutgers all they could handle. Someone tell those Jersey boys to stick basketball, these boys in the south are too fast and hit way too hard for them....lol.
My ex girlfriend is from Valdosta so I know all about Lowndes. It's serious business when it comes to football over there.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:21 AM

21,945 posts, read 30,822,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
That's what you get when a northerner tries to talk college football.

Ah my friend you guys missed out on the opportunity to join the Big ten, now stuck in a division that will continue to get weaker, but the horns can pad their record

Old 08-12-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
No doubt Bama is good, better than both in my estimation

So last year among like opponents how did they fare? hmmm UGA lost to LSU and PSU won

And I agree the SEC is usually the best conferance but to compare the big East to the Big Ten? And with Nebraska added, hmmm so UGA might be the 6th or 7th best team in the big Ten, ok

Dude if it is not the SEC or the Big 12 then its pretty much amatuer night. Talk to players who have transferred from schools in the Big East and Big 10 to schools in either the SEC or the Big 12, they will tell you there is no comparision.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I find it hilarious that these northerners always try to talk about how non-diverse and "black and white" the south is. But they never say anything about those lily-white new england states.

Last time I checked NJ is not in New England - Mid Atlantic would be more appropriate

Old 08-12-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Ah my friend you guys missed out on the opportunity to join the Big ten, now stuck in a division that will continue to get weaker, but the horns can pad their record
I'm actually pretty ticked about that. I hate this conference with a passion. It was a shotgun wedding to begin with and i'm tired of having no marquee matchups besides OU while the SEC has a big game every week it seems.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
Dude if it is not the SEC or the Big 12 then its pretty much amatuer night. Talk to players who have transferred from schools in the Big East and Big 10 to schools in either the SEC or the Big 12, they will tell you there is no comparision.

The big 12 is sinking fast

Old 08-12-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:

Why would Texas join the Big 10???? What would they have to gain???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City