Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 11:11 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,641,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
With all this talk about college football.
What about college basketball?-- Seton Hall will crush most schools.
Okay, SEC people, y'all can take a seat with this. Georgia Tech a.k.a. the Golden Tornado plays in the best conference for basketball, the ACC. Cuse and Sueconn are the classes of the Least.

Honestly, Georgia is just ATL Metro (the real 5 county area) and the Savannah metro. New Jersey does have some great cities though and I really liked Jersey City when I was there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 11:29 AM

364 posts, read 717,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
No.
I think yes....lol. Im sure some of these southern power house high school teams could at least compete with Rutgers. I mean you are talking about schools where even some of the bench players get D1 full rides to elite football schools. Rutgers gets the second tier prospects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
With all this talk about college football.
What about college basketball?-- Seton Hall will crush most schools.

*yawns* Football >> Basketball

And that comes from a scrawny kid who played nothing but basketball growing up, it was always the sport I was best at, but football was always my favorite sport.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:29 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Okay, SEC people, y'all can take a seat with this. Georgia Tech a.k.a. the Golden Tornado plays in the best conference for basketball, the ACC. Cuse and Sueconn are the classes of the Least.

Honestly, Georgia is just ATL Metro (the real 5 county area) and the Savannah metro. New Jersey does have some great cities though and I really liked Jersey City when I was there.
How can Georgia be just ATL Metro and the Savannah metro???

When Augusta has the second largest share of the state(economically)....

Old 08-12-2010, 11:35 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,958,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
*yawns* Football >> Basketball

And that comes from a scrawny kid who played nothing but basketball growing up, it was always the sport I was best at, but football was always my favorite sport.
Ummmm...................... Okay?

Old 08-12-2010, 11:38 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,450,086 times
Quote:
I think yes....lol. Im sure some of these southern power house high school teams could at least compete with Rutgers. I mean you are talking about schools where even some of the bench players get D1 full rides to elite football schools. Rutgers gets the second tier prospects.
Dude, you sound really, really bad.

Rutgers--or most any D1 school for that matter--would beat any of those top-ranked high school teams by hundreds of points. If they played 4 quarters of 15 minute football, that high school team would score zero points, while Rutgers would score on probably close to every single play.

Get a clue.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
How can Georgia be just ATL Metro and the Savannah metro???

When Augusta has the second largest share of the state(economically)....
Well, I said that in reference to things to do for me. I admit that my only experience with Augusta was passing through but I have to actually do some things to appreciate it. I do think that it's a good thing that Augusta's starting to come around. The information that you've provided on the city is good.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Dude, you sound really, really bad.

Rutgers--or most any D1 school for that matter--would beat any of those top-ranked high school teams by hundreds of points. If they played 4 quarters of 15 minute football, that high school team would score zero points, while Rutgers would score on probably close to every single play.

Get a clue.

Are you kidding me?? Rutgers is a lower tier college football prorgam, not a lower tier NFL team. Im not saying a high school power house could beat Rutgers by any strecth, but I am saying that they could at least compete with them on some level. On the offensive side of the ball proabably not, but Im sure there are some teams in Texas, Florida or Georgia somewhere with some LB's, DE's, CB's and SS's that are just as big and just as fast if not more so than the ones on Rutgers. Only bench warmers from good football teams and the best players from sorry to middle of the road football teams go to Rutgers. RU is not a destintation for a blue chip prospect. Even the few blue chips that come from Jersey, NY and PA dont go there, they go down south or out west

Old 08-12-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Are you kidding me?? Rutgers is a lower tier college football prorgam, not a lower tier NFL team. Im not saying a high school power house could beat Rutgers by any strecth, but I am saying that they could at least compete with them on some level. On the offensive side of the ball proabably not, but Im sure there are some teams in Texas, Florida or Georgia somewhere with some LB's, DE's, CB's and SS's that are just as big and just as fast if not more so than the ones on Rutgers. Only bench warmers from good football teams and the best players from sorry to middle of the road football teams go to Rutgers. RU is not a destintation for a blue chip prospect. Even the few blue chips that come from Jersey, NY and PA dont go there, they go down south or out west
I would probably agree with you if we were talking about high school seniors vs college freshman but Rutgers would have 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and maybe 5th years guys on that team. You have to take into to account their training (better workout facilities), experience, etc that RU players would have over their high school counterparts.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:03 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times
Quote:
I think yes....lol. Im sure some of these southern power house high school teams could at least compete with Rutgers.
Definitely NOT... junior/senior college players are a LOT bigger and muscular than h.s. seniors and juniors. There is tremendous "bulking up" and skill advancement from h.s. to college level. They would get completely dominated especially at the line of scrimmage and possibly seriously injured as well. Similarly from college to pro. Now a top tier BASKETBALL h.s. team might be able to compete with a college basketball team, not football though. Baseball could too if you had an elite pitcher throwing a good game, football doesn't work like that though.

Last edited by grapico; 08-12-2010 at 12:12 PM..

Old 08-12-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
I would probably agree with you if we were talking about high school seniors vs college freshman but Rutgers would have 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and maybe 5th years guys on that team. You have to take into to account their training (better workout facilities), experience, etc that RU players would have over their high school counterparts.

I feel what you are saying but Im not saying that the high school team would beat them, all I am saying is that the game would be a lot closer than a 76-0 blowout. And you would be suprised how well some of these high schools train and condition their players. Rutgers cant even beat Norfolk State by 100 points. And Norfolk St is like most HBCU's, they get the bottom of the barrell players and juco transfers from across the country. So what makes people think that Rutgers can blow out a school like Lowndes High School in Valdosta or Permian High in Texas where almost the entire starting 11 on each side of the ball are going to elite programs??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City