U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 01:08 PM

6,628 posts, read 11,456,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
Are you kidding me?? Rutgers is a lower tier college football prorgam, not a lower tier NFL team. Im not saying a high school power house could beat Rutgers by any strecth, but I am saying that they could at least compete with them on some level. On the offensive side of the ball proabably not, but Im sure there are some teams in Texas, Florida or Georgia somewhere with some LB's, DE's, CB's and SS's that are just as big and just as fast if not more so than the ones on Rutgers. Only bench warmers from good football teams and the best players from sorry to middle of the road football teams go to Rutgers. RU is not a destintation for a blue chip prospect. Even the few blue chips that come from Jersey, NY and PA dont go there, they go down south or out west
That doesn't matter. Even 1-AA teams would beat down those great high school teams. And again, it wouldn't even be a competition. Put one of those teams against App State or UMass and it would be a joke.

You don't seem to grasp one thing: just because a team has one or two blue-chip athletes doesn't mean they can take on a team of division 1 college athletes. Football is the ultimate team sport...single players can dominate and carry a team in high school, but college is a whole different ball game. It doesn't matter that your tailback is the #1 prospect in the country (remember he's a prospect and that all the running backs that are already in college have been hardcore training and developed for a few extra years than him) when your offensive line is getting blown off the ball.

I laughed when that guy suggested Rutgers was even close to UGA in terms of a football team...but Rutgers isn't a low-tier college football team, it's definitely in the middle at this point (Schiano is a hell of a coach). You sound much, much worse btw.

Quote:
Only bench warmers from good football teams and the best players from sorry to middle of the road football teams go to Rutgers
This quote is what makes me think you have to be young...because you really have no clue.

I pray you're not out of high school yet, because if you are...

P.S. Rutgers currently has a commit from the #6 running back in the nation according to Rivals...he's from...*gasp* Cocoa, Florida!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 01:16 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
6,995 posts, read 11,242,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Well, I said that in reference to things to do for me. I admit that my only experience with Augusta was passing through but I have to actually do some things to appreciate it. I do think that it's a good thing that Augusta's starting to come around. The information that you've provided on the city is good.
Cool, the interstates in Augusta only go through the suburbs.... I-20 runs through West Augusta.... Interstate 520 runs through West Augusta, South Augusta, and East Augusta. Then you cross the state line and enter South Carolina... Where the interstate changes to I-520 Palmetto Pkwy in North Augusta...... Neither I-20 or I-520 run through downtown....

Old 08-12-2010, 01:18 PM

12,394 posts, read 22,415,266 times
Ugh...

not getting through

listen, possibly those players will go ON to do great things, nobody is arguing that. But there is a HUGE difference in size/strength of 16-18 year old kids and 21-23 year old kids. I am not sure why I am arguing if you do not get this already zoneflyboy. Again, it would be a tremendous beating, and no they would not win, or even compete whatsoever, its just not happening. They would probably have to resort to a deep shotgun formation and quick screens, b/c they would get blown off the line like its not funny. I agree with several posters it would be something like an 80-0 blowout.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:19 PM

364 posts, read 586,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
You don't seem to grasp one thing: just because a team has one or two blue-chip athletes doesn't mean they can take on a team of division 1 college athletes. Football is the ultimate team sport...single players can dominate and carry a team in high school, but college is a whole different ball game. It doesn't matter that your tailback is the #1 prospect in the country (remember he's a prospect and that all the running backs that are already in college have been hardcore training and developed for a few extra years than him) when your offensive line is getting blown off the ball.

This quote is what makes me think you have to be young...because you really have no clue.

I pray you're not out of high school yet, because if you are...

P.S. Rutgers currently has a commit from the #6 running back in the nation according to Rivals...he's from...*gasp* Cocoa, Florida!

I already said that they probably couldnt compete on the offensive side of the ball, as every skill position on that side of the ball requires more technique and training than a high schooler would have. But on the Defensive side of the ball when your a high school SR. and you're already 6'6, 280 pounds and running a 4.6 40 time...... I think they would do allot better than you think against a team like Rutgers. And once again for the last time I am not saying that they would beat Rutgers, no way no how will that ever happen. But to think that RU would mop the floor with them isnt going to happen as opposed to if a team like UF, UT, 'Bama, or even USC or UGA played a power house high school team, then the score really would be 125-3 or something like that

Old 08-12-2010, 01:23 PM

6,628 posts, read 11,456,024 times
You just don't get it.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:24 PM

21,411 posts, read 28,451,612 times
So where is better hoops country?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:30 PM

3,732 posts, read 6,533,943 times
^ Definitely New Jersey.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:33 PM

21,411 posts, read 28,451,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
^ Definitely New Jersey.

GA is no sloutch, but on this I would agree

Think on Football GA has the edge and on Hoops NJ has the edge

Last edited by kidphilly; 08-12-2010 at 02:11 PM..

Old 08-12-2010, 01:48 PM

3,732 posts, read 6,533,943 times
^ Agreed.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:09 PM

2,705 posts, read 6,786,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
I think yes....lol. Im sure some of these southern power house high school teams could at least compete with Rutgers. I mean you are talking about schools where even some of the bench players get D1 full rides to elite football schools. Rutgers gets the second tier prospects.

*yawns* Football >> Basketball

And that comes from a scrawny kid who played nothing but basketball growing up, it was always the sport I was best at, but football was always my favorite sport.
There is not even a chance any high school team, anywhere, can compete with ANY Division I team. Nevermind a team that has been ranked in the Top 25 (like Rutgers) in the past couple years.

Look at it this way - even on the BEST high school team, not every kid is going to play in Division I, at a high level. Every starter at a Division I team....IS playing Division I ball. With Division I coaching. And Division I training facilities.

People who know sports know this. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this....just calling you out in a friendly way -- there is no way that this could happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City