U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 10:21 AM

21,945 posts, read 30,822,191 times

Advertisements

Where is the riverfront pic with the bridge, nice pics btw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 10:33 AM

2,851 posts, read 5,430,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Where is the riverfront pic with the bridge, nice pics btw
That's Savannah. A very beautiful city for sure. Glad you liked.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:07 AM

12,381 posts, read 22,636,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Well by that measure,there are several cities outside of the South that are not expanding,Including the the ones that are the largest.Even NYC is experiencing a lot cuts because of budget.The point is there is a double standard when you mention only the South.
L.A. expanding its system.What about other cities in the north that HAVE been at a stand still for years.Such as Baltimore,Cleveland,Pittsburgh,Minneapolis,Buffalo ,etc...?

But since you asked Dallas and Houston are 2 cities that are expanding a a very fast rate.

MARTA has a problem due to the way it was set up and funded.It is unique in that regard.There is support for it to expand now more than ever.Its now like everywhere else,about money.
Pittsburgh , Baltimore , Minneapolis are expanding there systems. I feel like Texas is a part of the south , many ppl will agree with me on that. So that leaves , GA , AL , MS , TN , WV , SC , KY and NC. NC is the only state with a good plan and large and growing public support. I read articles on Transit form across the Nation and World so i know how the south is.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:58 PM

7,732 posts, read 11,771,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
NC is the only state with a good plan and large and growing public support. I read articles on Transit form across the Nation and World so i know how the south is.
Sorry, but it has been proven countless times that you are completely and totally clueless as to what goes on down here with regards to transit.

As to your previous ridiculous claim that MARTA has no expansion plans, no support and is losing ground to Charlotte (yet another ridiculous claim), maybe you should educate yourself a little with this link:
MARTA > About Marta > Planning

Old 08-15-2010, 01:26 PM

12,381 posts, read 22,636,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Sorry, but it has been proven countless times that you are completely and totally clueless as to what goes on down here with regards to transit.

As to your previous ridiculous claim that MARTA has no expansion plans, no support and is losing ground to Charlotte (yet another ridiculous claim), maybe you should educate yourself a little with this link:
MARTA > About Marta > Planning
Well let me rephrase that i know you do , but it takes longer for stuff to happen down there.....

Old 08-15-2010, 01:34 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,654,508 times
Don't like those tall stick trees. All trunk, no leaves, and no shade. They are in Florida too.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:34 PM

20,910 posts, read 32,919,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Well let me rephrase that i know you do , but it takes longer for stuff to happen down there.....
LOL highly incisive commentary.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:35 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,463,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Don't like those tall stick trees. All trunk, no leaves, and no shade. They are in Florida too.
The Pond Cypress and Bald Cypress Trees? They're simply beautiful. They live in swampy areas, and can live for up to one thousand years.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:40 PM

6,967 posts, read 17,761,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Georgia aint so bad.

whoa that rooftop shot in the 1st pic is pretty sweet. i could see myself hanging out up there with some lounge music, chilled red wine and sushi

Old 08-15-2010, 03:50 PM

2,851 posts, read 5,430,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
whoa that rooftop shot in the 1st pic is pretty sweet. i could see myself hanging out up there with some lounge music, chilled red wine and sushi
Then you'd probably like this one too. Fraiser Craine eat your heart out!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City