U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-16-2010, 12:59 AM

5,262 posts, read 7,784,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You do know there is a difference between a swamp and a swampy area?Swamps are very beautiful

Nice pix!!
I don't get what she's trying to get at, NJ is full of swamps too.

By Dave Aragona (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30255311@N02/ - broken link)

By shutterbugMike (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightningbaron/ - broken link)

By ~vivian~ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/viviansville/ - broken link)

By Dendroica cerulea (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dendroica/ - broken link)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 06:25 AM

2,735 posts, read 3,545,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Nice pix!!

By Dave Aragona (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30255311@N02/ - broken link)

By shutterbugMike (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightningbaron/ - broken link)

By ~vivian~ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/viviansville/ - broken link)

By Dendroica cerulea (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dendroica/ - broken link)

No picture of the Meadowlands? Isn't that swamp land too?

Old 08-16-2010, 07:47 AM

7,732 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Nice pix!!
If cypress trees were native to Long Island, she would be singing their praises all day long. Since they are native to Georgia & Florida, they automatically fall into the "bad" category.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:59 AM

4,086 posts, read 5,107,325 times
Quote:
You keep pushing Jersey.I've been and seen Trenton,Patterson,Newark,Camden.Ill take Georgia's cities over Jersey's any day.
It's too bad you only visited the ghettos in NJ - You should have checked out Jersey City, Hoboken, New Brunswick, Red Bank, Atlantic City, or any of the nicer cities in NJ for which there are no equals in GA. GA has, really, two cities - Atlanta, one of the biggest in the nation, and Savannah, known for its unique charm and beauty. That's it. Macon, and the other cities are ghettoes and crime-riidden, making GA's crime much worse than NJ's. Not to mention the meth problem in GA that is far bigger than any drug problem in NJ. I think more poverty in GA leads to more meth-heads than in NJ or other states.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-16-2010 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 08-16-2010, 09:03 AM

12,882 posts, read 19,600,032 times
It's really very simple.

Credibility of those unwilling to concede anything positive about GA = 0

Credibility of those unwilling to concede anything positive about NJ = 0

I've seen breathtaking sights in both states, and I've seem squalor in both. All the rest is a matter of personal taste.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:21 AM

7,732 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
It's too bad you only visited the ghettos in NJ - You should have checked out Jersey City, Hoboken, New Brunswick, Red Bank, Atlantic City, or any of the nicer cities in NJ for which there are no equals in GA. GA has, really, two cities - Atlanta, one of the biggest in the nation, and Savannah, known for its unique charm and beauty. That's it. Macon, and the other cities are ghettoes and crime-riidden, making GA's crime much worse than NJ's. Not to mention the meth problem in GA that is far bigger than any drug problem in NJ. I think more poverty in GA leads to more meth-heads than in NJ or other states.
Anyone that would make the ridiculous claim that Atlantic City is one of the nicer cities in New Jersey has blinders on. Anyone that would make the ridiculous claim that the only nice cities in Georgia are Atlanta & Savannah is clueless. Anyone that would make the ridiculous claim that ALL other Georgia cities are ghetto and crime-ridden has an obvious agenda. But we already knew that.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:24 AM

11,698 posts, read 21,533,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
It's really very simple.

Credibility of those unwilling to concede anything positive about GA = 0

Credibility of those unwilling to concede anything positive about NJ = 0

I've seen breathtaking sights in both states, and I've seem squalor in both. All the rest is a matter of personal taste.
exactly. it's so childish and immature. makes me sick.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:30 AM

6,558 posts, read 6,891,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Then you'd probably like this one too. Fraiser Craine eat your heart out!
Full disclosure:

That's from the top of the new Ritz-Carlton Residences or, as I call it, the "building-that-mocks-me-each-day-as-I-walk-out-my-building-with-it's-desirability". Here's to the housing crisis continuing on for another year or more so I can afford a unit in that building.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:07 AM

12,344 posts, read 13,990,312 times
Quote:
You should know.You are supposed to be the expert:
There has been revived interest in the Lovejoy line in 2008 and the governor backed it in June.
In January 2008, a delegation of GDOT members visited New York City, Boston, and Chicago to see how commuter rail systems in each city was implemented. They also visited the LYNX light rail line in Charlotte.
In early June, that delegation passed a mostly symbolic resolution urging state leaders to pass a transit policy.
In June 2008, under intense pressure from businesses and Atlanta residents along with other politicians, Governor Sonny Perdue backed the Lovejoy line and said he wants it to be pursued aggressively.

Georgia Rail Passenger Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But i'm saying it takes twice as long to get anything done in the Mass Transit / Rail dept. Meanwhile your state has no problem building highways every year , new interstates like 14.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:11 AM

578 posts, read 911,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Ha ha, you bring up "our capital city" of Trenton. And you say it has a worse reputation for crime than the Bronx?

I'd be willing to bet you have never been to Trenton. Nor is there really a reason to go there, frankly. Aside from the state government, there is honestly not much to it. It only has 80,000 residents, and crime is not bad at all for a city. It's nowhere near the Bronx's level of crime.

I'm curious...how come I never see you post on the NYC board? You just troll the NJ threads. It's weird, like openheads says.
Uhhh im not taking sides here but did you just say Trenton is no where near the Bronx in terms of crime?? Trenton is constantly in the top 10 and 20 in terms of most crime ridden cities. Im not saying your wrong but do you have some type of proof or are you just saying that because your upset at that poster. I mean the Bronx is way bigger and has a ton of crime issues but come on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City