Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 05:17 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Jersey, as much as I hate it, is a far more developed and progressive state than georgia.
HUH? I'll never, ever understand the hate New Jersey receives. It's a perennial underdog (who has done very, very well for itself), squeezed between two of Americas biggest cities. Other states cry, whine & complain about not getting enough credit, attention.................... Yet follow NY's provincial lead when trying to discredit NJ. It makes no sense to me.
NJ's vastly educated population is continually overlooked, its low comparative crime rate (for a small state with such a dense population, crime does not travel well in NJ, yet people only want to talk about Camden as if it's a dominant force on the state). I could go on & on, but you get the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 06:11 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,720,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
HUH? I'll never, ever understand the hate New Jersey receives. It's a perennial underdog (who has done very, very well for itself), squeezed between two of Americas biggest cities. Other states cry, whine & complain about not getting enough credit, attention.................... Yet follow NY's provincial lead when trying to discredit NJ. It makes no sense to me.
NJ's vastly educated population is continually overlooked, its low comparative crime rate (for a small state with such a dense population, crime does not travel well in NJ, yet people only want to talk about Camden as if it's a dominant force on the state). I could go on & on, but you get the point.
Jersey just feels so uptight. I've lived in SJ(Pennsauken, and Cherry Hill) periodically at different times in my life and my pop lives in Cherry Hill. PA feels alot more laid back with more socio-economic equality. Jersey is not kind to the poor.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:41 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,104 times
Atlanta is obviously the more prominent city on the move while NJ's cities are small but definitely more urban and accessible. You can fit All of Hudson County (JC), Newark and a few charming suburbs (which all border each other) in ATL, so technically NJ doesn't fail in that category. Crime in GA compared to NJ as a whole is higher in every category, education is far better in NJ, NJ's coast offers so much more.

GA's mountains are far more beautiful than NJ's, GA's COL is FAAAAR better than NJ's (though NJ has less poverty), and I guess to most people GA has the more ideal weather (not to me though)

NJ's location is better IMO... Hands down.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:18 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,529,863 times
Jerz!

Old 08-08-2010, 07:48 PM

123 posts, read 157,524 times
Both are fine with me.. Niether is better in my opinion

Old 08-08-2010, 07:54 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,483 times
Georgia of course, being native. Really the only experience I have of Jersey is from the turnpike, so I can't really go too far down that road.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:57 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,323,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchezMugler View Post
Both are fine with me.. Niether is better in my opinion
Same here.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:10 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,653 times
Default This is easy....

Georgia, hands down. Where to start. Well, the cost of living is a nice contrast, the weather, the proximity to Florida and Gulf Coast, proximity to Nashville and Charlotte....but, the real reasons abound.

Try the women. If you are a male you will be hard-pressed to find a more attractive bunch of women than you will generally in the South. The make-up is proper, not harsh, the polish and refinement more pronounced. Hey, I'm not from here, I'm just enjoying the scenery!

To be sure, we have our share of credit-card-eating bimbos to deal with but, contrast that to some chunky Staten Island/Union gal with a mouth only rivaled by her mother and you get the picture. Juuuuuust a bit harsh....

Never saw people get so excited about a mediocre townhouse for 400K than I saw up there.....

I work with a girl from Philly now and she is beautiful. However, she drops more f-bombs than I do and when we were in Philly, she fit right in. Jersey, Philly, what's the difference? Anyway, wouldn't you rather live in a place where the sun shines, the girls are pretty, and the pace tolerable?

We have our taxes but, nothing that could compare to NJ/NY. Anyway into the mecca of jobs, NY, and you can actually calculate the transportation costs by the steady investments you make up there daily. Like a friend of mine in Houston used to say in their hey day, "It's like a Merry-Go-Round....10% get to rid, 90% pay to see the show"...that's NJ and NY.....

Here? probably more like 50/50.....you have shot here my friend. Besides, why put up with all the bubble-gum snapping, loud mouth battle axes up there when you can find more with much more refinement down here?

And when the lights go down, the fun really, really starts....sultry comes to mind...

Old 08-08-2010, 08:18 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,323,321 times
[quote=Caleb Longstreet;15391120]Georgia, hands down. Where to start. Well, the cost of living is a nice contrast, the weather, the proximity to Florida and Gulf Coast, proximity to Nashville and Charlotte....but, the real reasons abound.

Try the women. If you are a male you will be hard-pressed to find a more attractive bunch of women than you will generally in the South. The make-up is proper, not harsh, the polish and refinement more pronounced. Hey, I'm not from here, I'm just enjoying the scenery!

To be sure, we have our share of credit-card-eating bimbos to deal with but, contrast that to some chunky Staten Island/Union gal with a mouth only rivaled by her mother and you get the picture. Juuuuuust a bit harsh....

Never saw people get so excited about a mediocre townhouse for 400K than I saw up there.....

I work with a girl from Philly now and she is beautiful. However, she drops more f-bombs than I do

Old 08-08-2010, 08:20 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
why put up with all the bubble-gum snapping, loud mouth battle axes up there when you can find more with much more refinement down here?.
Why put up with the deep fried rednecks and hicks when you can find a much more educated population up here?

Anyone who has nothing to say but generalizations is a weak way to go. It's just as easy to turn it around and make GA look like crap if we all do what you just did. Your whole post was offensive, and makes you look like you have no sense of class... How ironic, no?

As for your chunky Staten ISland claim... well, that's not NJ- Neither is Philadelphia... Union county, HAVE YOU BEEN THERE? Or did you just look at a map to see what's close to SI?... I wouldn't paint NJ's women with such a broad brush calling them "chunky"- NJ is one of the fittest states, GA is on the opposite end of that list- So you might as well rethink your whole post before we start talking realistically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City