Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 04:11 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,813,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Don't like those tall stick trees. All trunk, no leaves, and no shade. They are in Florida too.
Sheesh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 04:39 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,792,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Pittsburgh , Baltimore , Minneapolis are expanding there systems. I feel like Texas is a part of the south , many ppl will agree with me on that. So that leaves , GA , AL , MS , TN , WV , SC , KY and NC. NC is the only state with a good plan and large and growing public support. I read articles on Transit form across the Nation and World so i know how the south is.
You must of missed some issues.So how do you not know about Atlanta's street car system planned?Check out the Belt-line : Atlanta BeltLine > Home Home
.Also,those other states are WAY too small for Transit.You do not even see cities/states in the North of equal size with extensive plans for rail.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:50 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,847,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You must of missed some issues.So how do you not know about Atlanta's street car system planned?Check out the Belt-line : Atlanta BeltLine > Home Home
.Also,those other states are WAY too small for Transit.You do not even see cities/states in the North of equal size with extensive plans for rail.
Too small for Transit? What about there cities? As for the states in the North with plans for Transit......DC , Delaware , NJ , Eastern PA , Southern NY , CT , RI , NH , VT , ME , QC , MD , VE all have 2030-40 Transit & Rail plans for there states and cities. All are progress states with both parties supporting plans for Transit. Thats not the case in GA now is it?

Old 08-15-2010, 05:02 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,657,162 times
Default Believe me,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Sheesh
you WANT shade when the heat index is 100+ degrees.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:04 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,657,162 times
Default No shade, no leaves turning,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
The Pond Cypress and Bald Cypress Trees? They're simply beautiful. They live in swampy areas, and can live for up to one thousand years.
so what good are they? Swamp? Ewww.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:52 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,427 times
Quote:
Well if they bother you that much you should be happy to know the majority of Georgia doesn't have that kind of pine. Most parts by far have the Loblolly variety of Pine. And they provide plenty of shade. I should know I used to have them in my front yard.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-15-2010, 06:58 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,813,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Well if they bother you that much you should be happy to know the majority of Georgia doesn't have that kind of pine. Most parts by far have the Loblolly variety of Pine. And they provide plenty of shade. I should know I used to have them in my front yard.

[IMG][/IMG]
Don't forget:

By redhorse5.0 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogers_world/ - broken link)

By michpics17 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/michpics17/ - broken link)

I love seeing these trees.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:05 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Don't forget:

By redhorse5.0 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogers_world/ - broken link)

By michpics17 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/michpics17/ - broken link)

I love seeing these trees.
Oh yeah. Me too. You really start seeing those mossy trees as you approach the Georgia/ Florida border then you see alot in North Florida. There are a lot around Savannah and along the Coast as well.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
You do know there is a difference between a swamp and a swampy area?Swamps are very beautiful

https://www.georgiaconservancy.org/uploads/Maritime%20Forest%20and%20Coastal%20Hammocks.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-15-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Too small for Transit? What about there cities? As for the states in the North with plans for Transit......DC , Delaware , NJ , Eastern PA , Southern NY , CT , RI , NH , VT , ME , QC , MD , VE all have 2030-40 Transit & Rail plans for there states and cities. All are progress states with both parties supporting plans for Transit. Thats not the case in GA now is it?
You should know.You are supposed to be the expert:
There has been revived interest in the Lovejoy line in 2008 and the governor backed it in June.
In January 2008, a delegation of GDOT members visited New York City, Boston, and Chicago to see how commuter rail systems in each city was implemented. They also visited the LYNX light rail line in Charlotte.
In early June, that delegation passed a mostly symbolic resolution urging state leaders to pass a transit policy.
In June 2008, under intense pressure from businesses and Atlanta residents along with other politicians, Governor Sonny Perdue backed the Lovejoy line and said he wants it to be pursued aggressively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia...senger_Program
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City